Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ken,

Of course I know who you are.

First let me say that what you wrote here is so humbling. When I started this thing back in 2007, I had no idea it would still be going on all these years down the road. I have enjoyed every experience that Shelbyfest has brought me. I have gotten to drive incredible cars, travel, meet celebrities from the industry and experience things that most folks only dream of.

For me, truly, the very best part of all it is the people I have gotten to meet. If I quit hosting this event, I would never forget the "Kens" from Arizona, the Goose, the Michael Turners, and the countless other families I have met over the years. I remember 99% of everyone's names and watching all of you hang out with me in Missouri is kind like one giant family reunion.

As much work as I and my team put into hosting the event, I know it takes time, effort, and money to come be a part of it all and I appreciate all of you.

I live in Jefferson City now so it will be nice to have you all in my "home town".

Now for that bluegrass......hmmmmmmm

See you soon

@shelbyfestguy

Kyle,
I for one just fully appreciate you (and your staff) for putting this together !
I know it is quite an effort to bring a large event like this together, and to continue year after year is commendable. (w/exception of a CHINAvirus pandemic) ...Completely out of anyone's control.

IMHO; A 'larger budget' would certainly relate to a higher cost for the participants, I'm sure some may not find that an objectionable step, but, many could be 'put-off' by that and decide not to attend. That would be a real shame, while SF is oriented on the vehicles to me it is equally important and focused on the "PEOPLE"...
There is not another venue anywhere that provides the opportunity for most of the brand fans to get together enjoy each other and our beloved cars.
The SF Event allows something for everyone; comradery, face to face with so many that 'meet' on-line, autocross, drive out cruise's, the banquet, show/shine (show-off time!) a time to share our passion with the public, time for individuals to share a friendly meal together, to spend a great evening together listening to the music, sharing a 'refreshing' adult beverage with each other... and the opportunity to meet you. yes, to express gratitude for an individual that dedicated an inordinate amount of time from that first meeting of a handful of enthusiasts, to the multitude of likeminded that gather at YOUR idea/dream of a Shelbyfest for some 13 years !!!!

In case you are curious, I'm the bonehead from Arizona that Always gets there a day or so early, that drives Straight Thru for a bit over 21-22 hours to get there !!! Am I a fan? Hell yes! This year will be an exceptional trip for me, I survived a bout with the virus, have spent the better part of a year 'hibernating' on our property just trying to stay safe. The virus hit our small area here extremely hard. This is an area of mostly retired, near Sedona AZ, a susceptible population.
(btw, I receive my second Moderna shot on 1 March, so I'll be good to go ! )

Again, I just want to THANK YOU for all you do to make this happen and bring us together. It does mean a lot to some to be able to join and share together at SF, but at this time/this year it means even more to a few others.

...from one grateful disabled VN Vet/Covid Survivor,
(I survive by hardheadedness, meanness and just plain luck)

Thank you, I can't say that enough...

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte

P.S. edit: ...any chance of a just a little bluegrass on Fri nite, LoL...

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
321 Posts
Still wrestling with Paypal/Checkout to figure out what the issue is with the "Country" field

I am soooo sorry this has been such a pain
Well, seems like that is fixed, but now it's asking me to fill out the email, when it's already there and is a non-fillable field.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,948 Posts
I'm too lazy to write a check and don't want to waste paper printing it. Besides, even if it takes a day or two to get the glitch resolved,

mine will still be there before the mailed ones.
--Fake News--
Wrong

Mine is in and there, done.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
321 Posts
--Fake News--
Wrong

Mine is in and there, done.
Well, it's been more than a couple days, so yeah, snail mail should be there by now. It might take me a couple days just to find my checkbook, an envelope, and a stamp.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Well, it's been more than a couple days, so yeah, snail mail should be there by now. It might take me a couple days just to find my checkbook, an envelope, and a stamp.
I could help. I could send you an envelope, stamped, ready to go, then all you would need to do is put your stuff in it, mail it and you would still be ahead of the waiting 'tech' option.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
321 Posts
I could help. I could send you an envelope, stamped, ready to go, then all you would need to do is put your stuff in it, mail it and you would still be ahead of the waiting 'tech' option.
No need. Just did the registration online. :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
217 Posts
Registered......online :)

Reactions: Hawkeye and Goose17

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
321 Posts
I think I've created a monster.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
I have some NEWS.
VMP will be at SF21.

I chatted with Joe Goodnough ( VMP's Main Tuner), I plan to have a fresh dyno-tune while there.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 · (Edited)
As we are approaching the end of March and getting closer to Shelbyfest 2021, which is being held May 6th through the 8th. I have a request:
There are two independent threads I have started in the "EVENTS" forum. SHELBYFEST RESERVED PARKING SIGNS and SHELBYFEST: HERMAN LUNCHEON FUN RUN. In order for me to know who needs a "reserved parking sign" made for them to park with our group at the Courtyard by Marriott Motel or their participation in the Hermann Luncheon Fun Run, I need you to post your intentions on these two event threads. I might miss your request if you post your intentions on another related thread. You can also send me a PM to assure I'm aware of your requests. I need to have an accurate head count for the Luncheon attendees as we are getting close to full capacity. I want things to go smoothly with no people getting left out because I was unaware of their interests. Thanks for your cooperation! (y)😊

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Shelbyfest is the SECOND weekend in May. May 1st/2nd is a Sat/Sun. Shelbyfest is the following weekend.

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert
216 Posts
I'm still trying to work it out to go for a day or 2. My mother in law will have her 92nd birthday on Thursday and I have to be home for Mother's day on Sunday. Sunday is also the 1st day of a 7 day house rental on the beach of St. George Island, FL. I might be able to drive down Friday morning early and drive home Friday night.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
I'm still trying to work it out to go for a day or 2. My mother in law will have her 92nd birthday on Thursday and I have to be home for Mother's day on Sunday. Sunday is also the 1st day of a 7 day house rental on the beach of St. George Island, FL. I might be able to drive down Friday morning early and drive home Friday night.
Take her on the fun run to Hermann! Better yet, let her drive... she can show 03Reptile a thing or two about driving. I bet she doesn’t let him pass.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
877 Posts
Take her on the fun run to Hermann! Better yet, let her drive... she can show 03Reptile a thing or two about driving. I bet she doesn’t let him pass.
That's so awesome and funny.

You saying that to msirach makes me laugh and think about how I would love to still have the chance for my mom to be behind the wheel of mine and driving to Herman with us if she was still around. I can almost guarantee that'd be the way she'd want to be driving, all the while laughing her butt off and enjoying the hell out of it as well. She could drive like nobody's business back in the day.

I hope your able to work it out and make it to Shelbyfrest msirach!

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
That's so awesome and funny.
You saying that to msirach makes me laugh and think about how I would love to still have the chance for my mom to be behind the wheel of mine and driving to Herman with us if she was still around. I can almost guarantee that'd be the way she'd want to be driving, all the while laughing her butt off and enjoying the hell out of it as well.

She could drive like nobody's business back in the day.
That is funny and cool....

When I was in VN my father passed away in Feb '68... the next thing I hear from my brother is, "Mom bought a '68 Firebird Formula 400 4spd".... brother was 16 and very excited about it at the time. I could just see her racing around in that car, I would have given most anything to have seen that !
In '70 about Aug, I hear from my Mother, she now had a Ford Maverick... brother had wrecked her Firebird twice in 15 months. SHE was pissed off and would not let him even drive her Maverick... he had a POS MG. IDIOT.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Just got off the phone with Kyle (who runs this event). Some info to pass along:

1. For those arriving Wednesday, he is planning an informal gathering in the hotel lobby that evening for drinks/conversation/catch up with everyone.

2. He chatted with the fuel distributor in the local area about stocking up on 93 octane... hopefully they heed his advice.

3. For those with trailers, we can park in the lower gravel lot. From our conversation, I believe I’ve circled the correct area here:

DC9FCC77-4AC1-4A3C-BB73-2BB7A0DCE8C5.jpeg

If this lot fills up, there is a Walmart a couple miles down the road with a big lot:

3ABA3699-C60B-4E29-914A-AC70571365C4.jpeg

4. Kyle is going to get us in before the show starts, just like previous years. We are meeting at 0630 in the same lot. We will be ushered in and parked together before the show opens.

Reactions: JSHACK
261 - 280 of 317 Posts