Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I thought it was time to start a Shelbyfest thread for those on the forum who plan to attend the up-coming Shelbyfest at Jefferson City, Missouri on May 6th through May 8th 2021! Actually, my good friend, Uncle Bobby (Ford Fest) just told me to start this thread as he had graciously agreed to drive to Jefferson City and check out our new hotel accommodations and parking arrangements this weekend. He's back home with some information!!! For those who have never attended a Shelbyfest event, this is a fantastic opportunity to meet many of the people on the forum that you have interacted with over the past. (approximately 25 or 30 of us). For those of you who have attended past events, you know the fun we are going to have this coming Spring! You'll not meet a warmer and friendlier group of people who just make you smile and laugh for three days. So here goes! The gavel is in your hand, Bob!!
P.S. Tim or Kyle: Could you move this thread to the "Event" section, I forgot to post it there.

Book your Shelbyfest group rate online here:

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,946 Posts
Question is, "Are you ready?"

I foresee a 'few' C&C's in your future.

Lets get this thing going !!!!!!!!

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,622 Posts
P.S. Tim or Kyle: Could you move this thread to the "Event" section, I forgot to post it there.
Done! Fletch’s name is Kris by the way.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
We made a quick day trip to Jefferson City to check out the new host hotel. It is a brand new Courtyard with a parking garage. It is a sharp looking hotel! For those that have been to previous ShelbyFest events in Jefferson City, the new hotel is on the opposite corner across Missouri Blvd up on the hill. If you recall, that is a massive intersection.

I met with the assistant GM and had a nice chat. I think the wives will like the hotel.

They have a large area inside with several tables and chairs along with a bar that will stay open until 1:00am as long as people are still buying beverages.

For anyone that would prefer to social distance in their own space, they have a room that will accommodate 10 people.

They also have an even better sitting area outside that has a great view of the capital, complete with a fire pit. You can see the old hotel across the intersection.

The parking garage is across from the entrance to the hotel. It is an open air garage with fairly low ceiling height of 6’ 10”. I don’t see anyone with a truck parking in the garage. They do also have a lower below ground level in the garage. There is one elevator in the garage.

Currently, there are about 20 parking spots plus another 10 handicap spots right next to the hotel. There is a large gravel pad on the side of the hotel. Not sure what that will be in May.

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
For those with trailers, I’m not sure what the plan will be. There is a massive dirt lot on the lower section below the hotel. But, I don’t see any access to it. Again, not sure what it will be in May.

Stopping at the gas station next to Lowe’s, this was a welcome sight. 93 octane

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,622 Posts
Nice recce pass @Ford Fest! Thank you for doing that! 🍻

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!’

When talking to the assistant GM, he wasn’t sure what the cancelation policy would be as they will be blocking off a predetermined number of rooms. It could possibly be 48 hours prior, but not sure yet.
Also, I don’t think they have ironed out the rate and code for booking purposes.
We looked at their rate to stay lastnight and it was $139/night or $169/night with breakfast. Obviously, this will likely change for the even and time of year.

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
They have a multi person golf cart that they will gladly shuttle people up to High street. The wives will love that! We do need to let them know a couple weeks in advance if they need to schedule an employee to do this. I know we have walked up to the bars in the past. The new location will ad a few hundred yards to that trek. I’m guessing it would take the cart about 20 minutes to do a round trip.

Mikey, I found a hose in the parking garage but could not find the faucet. I did find a fire hydrant though.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Crap... looks like I will have to 'suffer' thru Lemon Blueberry Pancakes...

:);)

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Bob, owe you one for doing this... How about Breakfast on me?

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again Uncle Bobby for checking the place out! It does look nice and the areas for having drinks and conversations looks spacious! Having drinks by the fire pit at night with a host of friends sounds like a winner! I think the parking garage looks like it will accommodate the number of people in our group. I don't think we'll have a problem with me setting out our named parking signs to reserve the spaces for those arriving after Ken and I get there early on. I'm sure Kyle Caraway will secure a discounted rate for Shelbyfest attendees as was his habit at the Capitol Plaza. Later on in February or early March, I'll start a thread for the first time attendees who want a parking place reserved sign designed for them. I'll also start a second thread for those who wish to attend the annual Hermann Fun Run drive and luncheon at the Stone Hill Winery. I'm getting antsy!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well so much for all the photos I was gonna release of the new host hotel lol. Well Done. I'll let you all know about the water for washing by next week. The gravel pad just to the side of the hotel is where the merchandise trailer (83' rig) will be parked. I am trying to arrange for truck and trailer parking down below. Our rate is going to be $129, I'll have a booking code this week. Right now I am waiting on the hotel to finish up their agreements between 3 caterers so I can choose food for the dinner. My apologies about the wait. The view at night of downtown JC is excellent from this place. Capitol Plaza is just in a state of disrepair that just makes it unacceptable for us (for all of you). I have a couple other cool things to talk about but I was trying to wait until later this week once the hotel gets me catering info and I can get registration all opened up.

Let me just say that a year off has been interesting. It started off as a welcome break and then about half way through the year I started to get anxious for the next event. We're gonna have big fun this year, but 2022 is going to be beyond cool. I'll have more info soon.

I appreciate you all and it will be good to see you smiling faces in a few weeks. I now live in Jefferson City and am proud to call it my home base. It will also make is more efficient for me to execute the show.

Kyle

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks again Uncle Bobby for checking the place out! It does look nice and the areas for having drinks and conversations looks spacious! Having drinks by the fire pit at night with a host of friends sounds like a winner! I think the parking garage looks like it will accommodate the number of people in our group. I don't think we'll have a problem with me setting out our named parking signs to reserve the spaces for those arriving after Ken and I get there early on. I'm sure Kyle Caraway will secure a discounted rate for Shelbyfest attendees as was his habit at the Capitol Plaza. Later on in February or early March, I'll start a thread for the first time attendees who want a parking place reserved sign designed for them. I'll also start a second thread for those who wish to attend the annual Hermann Fun Run drive and luncheon at the Stone Hill Winery. I'm getting antsy!!

I am currently feeling out the ownership regarding things like reserving parking spaces in the covered garage however, we should have more than enough covered parking for everyone now so that's excellent. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They have a multi person golf cart that they will gladly shuttle people up to High street. The wives will love that! We do need to let them know a couple weeks in advance if they need to schedule an employee to do this. I know we have walked up to the bars in the past. The new location will ad a few hundred yards to that trek. I’m guessing it would take the cart about 20 minutes to do a round trip.
View attachment 209850

Mikey, I found a hose in the parking garage but could not find the faucet. I did find a fire hydrant though.

View attachment 209851
I'll have all of the arrangements made regarding the shuttle service....they will indeed have an employee scheduled to drive it for us :)

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,147 Posts
Great job Bob!Looking forward to meeting you guys. 👍

1 - 20 of 317 Posts