Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,932 Posts
"...THINKING..."

WTF, you will be there...

...or I'll be there and find you by the river and TP your van !!!!!
...... I am still looking for the support van myself ..... still at the body shop ...... something about having trouble getting the supercharger to fit under the hood ... the flames weren't the right color of orange ...... and the torque-thrust wheels were too wide and rubbing on the frame ...... other than the interior fire from a shorted wire and the rear spoiler not clearing their shop door, I think it might be ready by May ..... otherwise I'll just drive my six-cylinder Camaro and park with Mike's Jagged Wire. :)

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
...... I am still looking for the support van myself ..... still at the body shop ...... something about having trouble getting the supercharger to fit under the hood ... the flames weren't the right color of orange ...... and the torque-thrust wheels were too wide and rubbing on the frame ...... other than the interior fire from a shorted wire and the rear spoiler not clearing their shop door, I think it might be ready by May ..... otherwise I'll just drive my six-cylinder Camaro and park with Mike's Jagged Wire. :)
Are they replacing the PopTart cabinet?

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am TRULY hurt😩😩😩😩

But I’m still coming anyways!
Gonna wear my bejeweled shorts too!
Now why would you be all "Snowflake"... didn't you see the googly eye thingy and winky wink and even the heart eyed dude !

Oh, and good, we can both walk around together in our Daisy Duke short bejeweled hot-pants !
We just can't go near @SuziQ 's car, just some advice, you never want to upset a Cajun Queen.....

The "park behind the dumpsters" thing came from what I was told just before my first SF because mine was a Stripe Delete !

BTW: you are going to be there at midnight for the 'special anti-rain dance... right?

·
Premium Member
6,932 Posts
I am TRULY hurt😩😩😩😩

But I’m still coming anyways!
Gonna wear my bejeweled shorts too!
....... well ...... at least you'll be wearing SOMETHING ... (unlike 2019).
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
Now why would you be all "Snowflake"... didn't you see the googly eye thingy and winky wink and even the heart eyed dude !

Oh, and good, we can both walk around together in our Daisy Duke short bejeweled hot-pants !
We just can't go near @SuziQ 's car, just some advice, you never want to upset a Cajun Queen.....

The "park behind the dumpsters" thing came from what I was told just before my first SF because mine was a Stripe Delete !

BTW: you are going to be there at midnight for the 'special anti-rain dance... right?
"BTW: you are going to be there at midnight for the 'special anti-rain dance... right?"

I sure hope the anti-rain dance does the trick!!!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

I will be there for the anti-rain dance ‘in spirit only’ 🕺🕺🕺

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
"BTW: you are going to be there at midnight for the 'special anti-rain dance... right?"

I sure hope the anti-rain dance does the trick!!!
All we can do is try 'our' best!
This will be an old tried and true effort passed down through the millenia to appease the rain gods but in reverse. The dance's original purpose was to create rain during a time of extreme drought, it is well known among 'the people' and practiced to a perfection of purpose by 'the people' of the dry Southwest. The specifics of the dance have meticulously been studied and reverse engineered by some of the greatest minds in the business. While the original dance was performed in full regalia it has been determined the ANTI must be executed in full nudity. For that requirement it has been determined for the decentcy of all, observers and participants it will be performed beginning at midnight on the top level of the parking garage. Also, since you have hoped for the effort to as you stated "do the trick", you must also take part in this great exercise. Thank you for volunteering ! You will be a key participant of the 13 that will be required to make this a success. Others required for this will of course include: Tim, Bob, Greg, Kevin, Ray, Goeff, Brad, Kyle and a handful of MIKE'S (lord knows we have an abundance of Mikes).

NOTE:
OMB... you are one of the "Required", 'in spirit' is completely unacceptable , YOU MUST BE A PARTICIPANT, or this will not be successful. And the possitive outcome of effort will be dependent entirely upon your participation.
Do you truly want to forever be known as the one person responsible for the total failure of SHELBYFEST 2021?

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
BTW...
5w50 synthetic Motorcraft will be provided for the "visual enhancement" of the dancing participants. MOON-light glistening will help to insure a successful outcome!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,422 Posts
HEY....

I thought we needed a thread for SF21 general excitement and other postings, chit-chat if you want.
This one should be really Special in that last years was canceled and this will be once again when all of the 'old-timers' can get back together with our less-desirables AND some of new fangled 2020+'s...

I am near ready to go! I really do need my SHELBY 'fix' !

Still not certain when I will be leaving, But, I will be there on the 5th. I have a notion of a take off from here, Arizona, a few days earlier and take a long way to get there and visit some sites. I also may be doing a bit of driving up toward KC and Indep. after SF to look around, I haven't been back to my home town in a bunch of years.
So just about a month for most of you Yahoos, but I may just be hitting the road in a couple weeks. I need the "get-away" after being locked up away here on the property for a year ! Damn China-Virus. I'm over it and have the Moderna vaccine !

I am looking Soooo... forward to getting in it, on the road, and burning up some gas ! Probably not as much and as fast as the '20s burn gas... but no less the fun !!!

Is anyone else getting excited and looking forward to SHELBYFEST '21 like I am... ??????????????

Ken
RLTW
Sua Ssponte
I'm just exhausted from making all the parking signs and fighting with the Stone Hill Winery!! :rolleyes: !
In all seriousness, I'm already in a three point stance! I do look forward to this get-together every year and Sharon can attest that I was in a dark mood for a while after the Spring of 2020! It will be such a pleasure to see all my old friends and meet some of you that have been on the forum for a while, but weren't able to attend Shelbyfest 2020, BECAUSE IT WAS CANCELLED!!! There... now I feel better. I've got the signs all packed up and ready to transport. I may get a few Cobra stickers to put on Mike's new Jaguar SUV and Sean's GTR so they won't be too offensive! Greg's support van already has Shelby stickers on it! We will be driving the GT350 and get there about mid-morning on Wednesday. I'll expect the laying of palm fronds on the ground, by Ken, when we arrive! We'll put out the reserved parking signs shortly thereafter and then await the arrival of the group. I'm sure we will all have a great time together as it has been way too long since 2019!!

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I'm just exhausted from making all the parking signs and fighting with the Stone Hill Winery!! :rolleyes: !
In all seriousness, I'm already in a three point stance! I do look forward to this get-together every year and Sharon can attest that I was in a dark mood for a while after the Spring of 2020! It will be such a pleasure to see all my old friends and meet some of you that have been on the forum for a while, but weren't able to attend Shelbyfest 2020, BECAUSE IT WAS CANCELLED!!! There... now I feel better. I've got the signs all packed up and ready to transport. I may get a few Cobra stickers to put on Mike's new Jaguar SUV and Sean's GTR so they won't be too offensive! Greg's support van already has Shelby stickers on it! We will be driving the GT350 and get there about mid-morning on Wednesday. I'll expect the laying of palm fronds on the ground, by Ken, when we arrive! We'll put out the reserved parking signs shortly thereafter and then await the arrival of the group. I'm sure we will all have a great time together as it has been way too long since 2019!!
MIKEY,
I really regret the angst you have had to assure a pleasurable SF21. I'm certain everything will workout and be a complete success.
We ALL can not thank you enough for the level of effort and work that you have forwarded.

THANK YOU MIKE

Edit: Mike, I am not sure where one would find Palm Fronds in Missory, but I'll do what I can.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
You know where we live in case you have a hiccup and can't make it as far as you'd like Tuesday. I think we're leaving Noon Thursday.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,422 Posts
You know where we live in case you have a hiccup and can't make it as far as you'd like Tuesday. I think we're leaving Noon Thursday.
Thanks for the invitation! Hope there are no hiccups or issues, but certainly nice to know that we have a place to crash should bad luck befall us! We are sure looking forward to seeing all of you, especially Cooper! He must be so much bigger by now! This trip will be the high light of our year!!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
All we can do is try 'our' best!
This will be an old tried and true effort passed down through the millenia to appease the rain gods but in reverse. The dance's original purpose was to create rain during a time of extreme drought, it is well known among 'the people' and practiced to a perfection of purpose by 'the people' of the dry Southwest. The specifics of the dance have meticulously been studied and reverse engineered by some of the greatest minds in the business. While the original dance was performed in full regalia it has been determined the ANTI must be executed in full nudity. For that requirement it has been determined for the decentcy of all, observers and participants it will be performed beginning at midnight on the top level of the parking garage. Also, since you have hoped for the effort to as you stated "do the trick", you must also take part in this great exercise. Thank you for volunteering ! You will be a key participant of the 13 that will be required to make this a success. Others required for this will of course include: Tim, Bob, Greg, Kevin, Ray, Goeff, Brad, Kyle and a handful of MIKE'S (lord knows we have an abundance of Mikes).

NOTE:
OMB... you are one of the "Required", 'in spirit' is completely unacceptable , YOU MUST BE A PARTICIPANT, or this will not be successful. And the possitive outcome of effort will be dependent entirely upon your participation.
Do you truly want to forever be known as the one person responsible for the total failure of SHELBYFEST 2021?
I'm not sure that 'anyone' wants to see me naked or dancing!

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm not sure that 'anyone' wants to see me naked or dancing!
View attachment 213709
What makes you believe or think anyone will be looking or that anyone does desire to see you or any of the Anti-Rain people !
This is for the good of all...

Reactions: blackcad55 and OMB

·
Registered
2020 GT500 / 2020 GT350
71 Posts
HEY....

I thought we needed a thread for SF21 general excitement and other postings, chit-chat if you want.
This one should be really Special in that last years was canceled and this will be once again when all of the 'old-timers' can get back together with our less-desirables AND some of new fangled 2020+'s...

I am near ready to go! I really do need my SHELBY 'fix' !

Still not certain when I will be leaving, But, I will be there on the 5th. I have a notion of a take off from here, Arizona, a few days earlier and take a long way to get there and visit some sites. I also may be doing a bit of driving up toward KC and Indep. after SF to look around, I haven't been back to my home town in a bunch of years.
So just about a month for most of you Yahoos, but I may just be hitting the road in a couple weeks. I need the "get-away" after being locked up away here on the property for a year ! Damn China-Virus. I'm over it and have the Moderna vaccine !

I am looking Soooo... forward to getting in it, on the road, and burning up some gas ! Probably not as much and as fast as the '20s burn gas... but no less the fun !!!

Is anyone else getting excited and looking forward to SHELBYFEST '21 like I am... ??????????????

Ken
RLTW
Sua Ssponte
About how many folks show up?

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
About how many folks show up?
I found one stat from 2016 that said near 700 cars registered and over 15,000 people, is that enough for ya!

It grows every year, this year could be a record being it couldn't be held last year. I believe there is a record number from the forum that are going to attend, next year could be off the hook with the New road course track availability that is being built.

It is about the most fun a person can have with their pants on... w/ the exception of Goose17, his sequined Speedo is infamous...

21 - 40 of 89 Posts