AKA: Mr Gramps-Greg-BC55-Former Moderator:
Dear Sir,
It was not a complaint.
Sincerely,
From;
AKA: Mr 'Cause-Ken-Sometimes-Joke-Around-Too-Much-Maybe
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
RESPONSE : To: AKA: MCKSJATMM .....

.....you think YOU joke around too much ...... ha !!

From: AKA: blackcad55-bc55-Gramps-DEFINITELY-JOKES-AROUND-TOO-MUCH- NO-DOUBT-OR-MAYBE-ABOUT-IT-fired moderator-living in a van but soon on my way to SF....... and "like button' smasher until the wee hours!!! :)

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,554 Posts
We arrived at the hotel at approximately 1000hrs. YAY!!! As I pulled into the parking garage, I was greeted with Ken's GT500 exhaust note that was off the decibel scale!! That things sounds more like an angry carnivore then an automobile! Geez!
We were so glad to see our Ranger buddy after two years! Ken and I immediately set about reconnoitering a place to set up the parking signs in the garage. After MUCH discussion and a total review of the entire garage, we decided to place the signs in the lowest section of the garage which is reminiscent of the "dungeon" at Capitol Plaza. It is out of the way and there were no cars parked there. In order to get everyone next to each other, we kept the parking spaces 10' apart, which is the normal parking space width. That should allow enough room for our cars, the Shelby support van, the F-250 and OMB's Jaguar SUV! There is no sign of flooding and it was bone dry! The signs are all out now and just awaiting their rightful owner to take possession of the space. Ken took some pictures of them and will probably post them later on. I met the Sales Manager and the hotel manager. Very nice and cordial people! The manager, Ken, drives a 2019 GT Mustang! So we have a comrade in arms! I pray the location of the signs will be acceptable to the management as we took a bold step and just put them out in a location that we both felt was the least troublesome or intrusive to the daily run of guests. Fingers are crossed! It's still raining here and Ken and I can't decide which of our car's is more filthy! I think his won! He's now named it "Spot"! We just got into our room and the rooms are very nice and everything is new! We're unpacking and Ken and I will be at the bar at 1600 hrs. just to let them know what gentlemen we are!! It's on, boys and girls!!!

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,326 Posts
We arrived at the hotel at approximately 1000hrs. YAY!!! As I pulled into the parking garage, I was greeted with Ken's GT500 exhaust note that was off the decibel scale!! That things sounds more like an angry carnivore then an automobile! Geez!
We were so glad to see our Ranger buddy after two years! Ken and I immediately set about reconnoitering a place to set up the parking signs in the garage. After MUCH discussion and a total review of the entire garage, we decided to place the signs in the lowest section of the garage which is reminiscent of the "dungeon" at Capitol Plaza. It is out of the way and there were no cars parked there. In order to get everyone next to each other, we kept the parking spaces 10' apart, which is the normal parking space width. That should allow enough room for our cars, the Shelby support van, the F-250 and OMB's Jaguar SUV! There is no sign of flooding and it was bone dry! The signs are all out now and just awaiting their rightful owner to take possession of the space. Ken took some pictures of them and will probably post them later on. I met the Sales Manager and the hotel manager. Very nice and cordial people! The manager, Ken, drives a 2019 GT Mustang! So we have a comrade in arms! I pray the location of the signs will be acceptable to the management as we took a bold step and just put them out in a location that we both felt was the least troublesome or intrusive to the daily run of guests. Fingers are crossed! It's still raining here and Ken and I can't decide which of our car's is more filthy! I think his won! He's now named it "Spot"! We just got into our room and the rooms are very nice and everything is new! We're unpacking and Ken and I will be at the bar at 1600 hrs. just to let them know what gentlemen we are!!
Mike, did you happen to see a clearance marked in the garage?

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
497 Posts
We were so glad to see our Ranger buddy after two years! Ken and I immediately set about reconnoitering a place to set up the parking signs in the garage. After MUCH discussion and a total review of the entire garage, we decided to place the signs in the lowest section of the garage which is reminiscent of the "dungeon" at Capitol Plaza. It is out of the way and there were no cars parked there. In order to get everyone next to each other, we kept the parking spaces 10' apart, which is the normal parking space width. That should allow enough room for our cars, the Shelby support van, the F-250 and OMB's Jaguar SUV! There is no sign of flooding and it was bone dry! The signs are all out now and just awaiting their rightful owner to take possession of the space. Ken took some pictures of them and will probably post them later on. I met the Sales Manager and the hotel manager. Very nice and cordial people! The manager, Ken, drives a 2019 GT Mustang! So we have a comrade in arms! I pray the location of the signs will be acceptable to the management as we took a bold step and just put them out in a location that we both felt was the least troublesome or intrusive to the daily run of guests. Fingers are crossed! It's still raining here and Ken and I can't decide which of our car's is more filthy! I think his won! He's now named it "Spot"! We just got into our room and the rooms are very nice and everything is new! We're unpacking and Ken and I will be at the bar at 1600 hrs. just to let them know what gentlemen we are!! It's on, boys and girls!!!
It warms my heart to hear about the dirty cars ---- I'm thinking about changing the color in my sig from shadow black to dirty black.... it's that color far more than the other.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 · (Edited)
ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.

SHELBY GT500.FORUM Representatives ARE in the House (even if half of the group so far are GT350's)

Mike and his lovely bride Sharon are now here and safe in the Courtyard. The generak manager came out to Welcome the current attendies; 03Reptile Mike #1 and 'Cause Ken #1, with open arms and a warm greeting. He said he was in his office in the back of the Hotel and heard this Glorious Roar that was shacking the doors and windows in the entire Hotel, only to see a Vista Blue Convertible clear over in the Parking Garage. He came out to the Lobby and talk with Mike and myself for several minutes... Guess what he LOVES our cars, he has a nice clean '19 GT... We have a friend in high places.
Note: The parking Signs have been properly placed and in a good place! When entering the garage to your imediate riight turn Right and downto the lowre level... we laid claim to his prime piece of valued real estate. Mike and Myself placed all in there proper locations, look for tag-lines as this shall be your new home away from home !!!!
.......pictures will follow in a couple of minutes.

There is now glowing joy in the air... We declare SHELBYFEST 2021 OPEN... can we get a 'loud praise be'....

Pics up soon....

----having a couple of issues with the Hotel internet----

BUT, we do have a nice All together place to park, just trust me !

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
317 Posts
Dammit, it's 2 more days before I'm getting there.

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
7 Posts
My dad and I can't wait to meet everybody soon! We are planning on getting there around Thursday afternoon so fingers crossed all goes well and the weather is decent. It'll be our first time attending the events before the show so we're very excited!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,554 Posts
No, I didn't, but I wasn't even thinking about that. Good point. I'll go out and see if there's anything in writing and just give you an estimate if there is not. It's pretty high so I think Greg's van and trucks would be okay.

·
Super Moderator
5,106 Posts
You kids have fun!!! For the rest of us that couldn't make it, we will be expecting LOTS of pics from you all!

Reactions: BLKwRD14

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
215 Posts
I have a good number of Challenge Coins presented to me, I often switch them off as to what I carry and to where I''m going.

I'd be surprised if many here even know about the tradition of the 'Challenge Coin'
I have a few as well ;)
This is only a couple of "racks".

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,622 Posts
Well, it happened... I got the car loaded and strapped down... haven’t started to pack yet... have to leave to teach martial arts in less than an hour... time for vacation! :sleep:

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
855 Posts
Well, it happened... I got the car loaded and strapped down... haven’t started to pack yet... have to leave to teach martial arts in less than an hour... time for vacation! :sleep:

View attachment 215240
What is that? That above the trees, that blue color?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
No, I didn't, but I wasn't even thinking about that. Good point. I'll go out and see if there's anything in writing and just give you an estimate if there is not. It's pretty high so I think Greg's van and trucks would be okay.
Thanks Mike!

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
We arrived at the hotel at approximately 1000hrs. YAY!!!
We were so glad to see our Ranger buddy after two years! It's on, boys and girls!!!
FANTASTIC !!! SEE YA TOMORROW !!!

The clearance I believe was 6' 10" ... it is seen in one of @'cause pictures he posted of the garage.

ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.....ATTENTION.
SHELBY GT500.FORUM Representatives ARE in the House (even if half of the group so far are GT350's)
There is now glowing joy in the air... We declare SHELBYFEST 2021 OPEN... can we get a 'loud praise be'....
YAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!.... fingers crossed I'll see you all tomorrow ... hopefully early afternoon !!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Never mind Mike. Found it in one of Ken’s pictures. 6’ 10”! Guess the Raptor will have to be parked elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts

Mike and his lovely bride Sharon are now here and safe in the Courtyard. The generak manager came out to Welcome the current attendies; 03Reptile Mike #1 and 'Cause Ken #1, with open arms and a warm greeting. He said he was in his office in the back of the Hotel and heard this Glorious Roar that was shacking the doors and windows in the entire Hotel, only to see a Vista Blue Convertible clear over in the Parking Garage. He came out to the Lobby and talk with Mike and myself for several minutes... Guess what he LOVES our cars, he has a nice clean '19 GT... We have a friend in high places.
Note: The parking Signs have been properly placed and in a good place! When entering the garage to your imediate riight turn Right and downto the lowre level... we laid claim to his prime piece of valued real estate. Mike and Myself placed all in there proper locations, look for tag-lines as this shall be your new home away from home !!!!
.......pictures will follow in a couple of minutes.

Pics up soon....

----having a couple of issues with the Hotel internet----

How do I like this multiple times?
Take Sharon somewhere real nice for dinner!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Also curious if they’re having issues staffing the restaurant if the banquet will be held at another location.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
215 Posts
Car is packed, ready to go in the AM. Goal is to catch Tim in the trailer and beat the GPS time :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,622 Posts
Car is packed, ready to go in the AM. Goal is to catch Tim in the trailer and beat the GPS time :)
We will be going through OKC, TUL and SGF:

361 - 380 of 527 Posts