Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 553 Posts

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
Thought Washington’s troops at Valley Forge had wooden dog tags. I know, I m gonna catch he’ll from you when I arrive Thursday.
I also have my fathers and his fathers....

Reactions: OMB and JSHACK

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
I'd be surprised if many here even know about the tradition of the 'Challenge Coin'
We used to deploy to Incirlik a lot. Trying to catch each other without the requisite challenge coin was serious sport! The one story I still chuckle about was one of our guys was showering in his VOQ... another one of our guys snuck into his place and threw his challenge coin in on the bathroom floor. The only sound from the shower (aside from the running water) was a challenge coin hitting the floor of the tub... not sure where he held it, but it was damn funny! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 · (Edited)
Ok people...
Time for me to have a couple of the O-So-Good-yet Messy wings... Mmmmmmm…...

It's good to have a plan, planning is Everything !

(ever since I was a Boy Scout, Be Prepared ! )

Reactions: DKnight

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
What is wrong with all you peoples, have you no adventure of fun, never go out in the mid winter at it's coldest time for Ice cream !!!

Wings for a snack in the late evening...

Yummy, sure are GOOD !

Reactions: blackcad55 and OMB

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,413 Posts
OKAY People,
Let's see who the REAL Fans are !!!

Reach down in your pocket and pull out this like I carry...

View attachment 215203

View attachment 215204

Note Number of coin 069 of a limited run
Ok, I’ll play. I’ve got a few too. 😊 As for the same coin that you showed, check out my number. Just call me Bond....James Bond. 😂

I have some from my time in the CG, but my favorite is this one that my son gave me. He just made AM1, and he works on F-18’s. He hits ten years in service after Thanksgiving this year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
Ok, I’ll play. I’ve got a few too. 😊 As for the same coin that you showed, check out my number. Just call me Bond....James Bond. 😂

I have some from my time in the CG, but my favorite is this one that my son gave me. He just made AM1, and he works on F-18’s. He hits ten years in service after Thanksgiving this year.
Cool Beans... but are any consistently in your pocket ?
007, excellent... I also have 025, but lives in a cabinet w/a 'few' others collected... ok, more than just a few.

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,413 Posts
Cool Beans... but are any consistently in your pocket ?
007, excellent... I also have 025, but lives in a cabinet w/a 'few' others collected... ok, more than just a few.
Honestly, no. Most days I'm in work shorts or sweats with pockets getting plenty of sawdust, dirt, or acrylic shavings in them. Carrying challenge coins kind of waned after I retired from the service and the gov't contractor job.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 · (Edited)
I only own shorts, truth, @bisqwik can attest to that, even she has a Challenge coin that I gave her years ago and carries it.

There are just few things that are with me most always, just a habit I suppose.

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Haa, haa, ha ha… ROTFLMAO...…..

Greg, AKA: 'Gramps', BC55, @blackcad55, formally also known as Moderator... went on a "Like" pushing binge... I had about 20 'responses'... must have had one too many Root-beers !
Okay .... okay ... okay ... I'll stay off the 'like' button ...... you'll just have to guess whether I 'like' the post or not. (it's almost like my grandkids complaining when I give them too many cookies ??? ... I'll never understand.)

Sorry .... already hit a few "like" buttons out of habit ....... dang root beer.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 · (Edited)
Okay .... okay ... okay ... I'll stay off the 'like' button ...... you'll just have to guess whether I 'like' the post or not. (it's almost like my grandkids complaining when I give them too many cookies ??? ... I'll never understand.)
Sorry .... already hit a few "like" buttons out of habit ....... dang root beer.
An Open Forum Letter follows:

To;
AKA: Mr Gramps-Greg-BC55-Former Moderator:
Dear Sir,
It was not a complaint. I found it humorous when you get 'on-line' and cruise through all the posts at one swoop and do your thing. It is appreciated by me, not knocking it nor complainin'. Continue on with your habit, do you need another Root Beer? Get yourself down here and I will compensate you with a Root Beer or two. Please do continue jumping up and down on those "Like" buttons, at your leisure.

Sincerely,
From;
AKA: Mr 'Cause-Ken-Sometimes-Joke-Around-Too-Much-Maybe

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Thought Washington’s troops at Valley Forge had wooden dog tags. I know, I m gonna catch he’ll from you when I arrive Thursday.
Ya thought wrong. Tags were not used until WWI.

Heck if they would of had them during that time they would have burned them for HEAT...

Naw, I save my "catch hell" stuff for when it is really needed.... now what time are you going to be dragging your ass here ?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
This is good stuff I’ll give you that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic first spammer post. Please post a picture with your Shelby and screen name in the shot ASAP or the nuclear option is coming to a theater near you.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,557 Posts
Well we're up and I look outside and it's a steady rain!!! GRRRR! I'll have to pull the Shelby under the entrance way and put a perfectly dry bra cover over a wet car! Oh well, it's all about protection. Some A-hole above our room was stomping around from 0230 hrs. until 0600! Needless to say, we didn't sleep well after that! We're checking out ASAP as there's probably a crime scene in that unit! Really looking forward to circumventing downtown St. Louis with rush hour traffic and rain! Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Well we're up and I look outside and it's a steady rain!!! GRRRR! I'll have to pull the Shelby under the entrance way and put a perfectly dry bra cover over a wet car! Oh well, it's all about protection. Some A-hole above our room was stomping around from 0230 hrs. until 0600! Needless to say, we didn't sleep well after that! We're checking out ASAP as there's probably a crime scene in that unit! Really looking forward to circumventing downtown St. Louis with rush hour traffic and rain! Wish me luck!
LUCK...

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
This is good stuff I’ll give you that
Classic first spammer post. Please post a picture with your Shelby and screen name in the shot ASAP or the nuclear option is coming to a theater near you.
Oh come-on Tim, just give all the "good stuff" you got for him !

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
857 Posts
Ya thought wrong. Tags were not used until WWI.

Heck if they would of had them during that time they would have burned them for HEAT...

Naw, I save my "catch hell" stuff for when it is really needed.... now what time are you going to be dragging your ass here ?
Yeah, get me on that technical stuff, I'll have to be more historically correct next time even when joking (which my wife says I'm not). Should be rolling in around 15:30 hours on Thursday, but with wife my schedule may be altered.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 · (Edited)
Yeah, get me on that technical stuff, I'll have to be more historically correct next time even when joking (which my wife says I'm not). Should be rolling in around 15:30 hours on Thursday, but with wife my schedule may be altered.
As for the wife schedule, there is cure for that. Dirve the car a few times with her in it the way I do mine!

She will soon swear to all that is Holy she will never grace a seat in "that car" ever again with her round rump, assuminmg it is round in shape, Guarantee this will work !!!
Now you have been freed to procede witn abandon to drive it the way you really want to, it works!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
321 Posts
2 MORE DAYS!!!

341 - 360 of 553 Posts