Discussion Starter · #321 ·
Reactions: 03reptile and OMB

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
At what cost?

Sorry -- don't know you and I can't come to SF so feeling left out taking swings :ROFLMAO:
Sent a PM, most of the older members here have heard it before... no need to bore them again.

...no harm no offense taken, its all good !

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,413 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
HEY All...

I discovered a restaurant that just may suit us for a meal...

It is named BIG WHISKEY, it is literally a stones throw from the Courtyard...
They have a very diverse Menu, something for everyone without a doubt ! From appetizers to full meals !!! Also a bar for some Adult refreshments. They also have a separate room where we could easily sit 30 people. Plenty of decent parking, you would want to drive, it sits just on the corner aside the highway overpass. Check out the location from the 'net.

Here is the website, you can look thru the menu if you would like. What, you ask if I ate there... YES... and it was really GOOD.

Big Whiskey's American Restaurant & Bar

I went for the Ribeye... Mmmmmmmmmmm…
I also asked for a small take out of kind of a sample of their Wings...

It is extremely close to the Hotel, parking is good, food is good, drinks, a private room for us to get semi-rowdy...
What more could we want ? The separate room would hold 30ish people...
And yes, I got a pic of my ribeye meal... It was Delicious !!!!

big W 1.jpg

also my take home wings for a snack later...

Take a look at the link to the site and look thru the Menu, It is up to the group to decide.

It was really GOOD !

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,557 Posts
Well we left home at 0600 hrs. ESDST, and as I opened the prisine clean GT350's door, it started to rain! Murphy's law again! We drove through steady to heavy rain all day long! It finally slacked off when we crossed the Illinois state line. We arrived at our Motel near St. Louis at 1620 hrs, CST, without incident. The car ran beautifully and I just checked the oil and it was full. The Colgan bra did it's job but is now hanging in our shower to dry out overnight. Sharon is not pleased! The car is filthy and the beautiful shiny black wheels are grey! Going to have to do some serious cleaning when I get to Jefferson city! Whoever says that there is a shortage of 18 wheel truck drivers is a bald faced liar! The trucks were all over Interstate 70 like locusts! Never seen this many in my past seven years of coming to Shelbyfest! There were no close calls and other than negotiating around the big cities, traffic was no too bad. The Michelin AS/3's handled the wet roads with grace and dignity and are just great rain tires. Goose17 made his usual welfare phone call to me about mid day just to make sure all was well. What a guy! We are taking it easy in our room while I type this and then we'll go out for an early supper, nearby. I'm not too tired and the car is more comfortable than the 13 GT500! Got some thumbs up and compliments while getting gas along the way. Even as filthy as the car was, people still recognized it's heritage and name. We'll head out early tomorrow for the final leg around the St. Louis morning traffic and then down to Jefferson city. Ken is already waiting for us to arrive! I still didn't beat him to Shelbyfest. We even came a day early without telling him in hopes of turning the tables on him, but he still foxed me by arriving first AGAIN! I think I'll sleep well tonight!

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Mike, thanks for reporting in, You know I would call in an hour or so had you not...

I said precisely the same thing regarding the Truckers on the road... I had never, ever seen so many!
BTW, my car is still filthy from driving across half the world; Arizona dirt, New Mexico dirt, Texas dirt, Oklahoma dirt and finally a top coat of Missouri dirt... that was a lot of DIRTY states to have to drive thru, even a had a few showers' to contend with !
Glad all is good, see ya tomorrow mornin' sometime... you can even help me clean my car ! LOL

you gotta learn, RLTW
Sua Sponte

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
857 Posts
Hey Mike👋, one liar here, we got trucks out there, but can’t get any new takers, Ken and his new president sure are making it hard😝, glad you had a safe and wet journey today, hope tomorrow even better…the bra hanging in the shower-still laughing 😂. Thumbs up to Tim for checking on y’all as well.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT... I HAD/HAVE ABSOLUTELY NUTHIN TO DO WITH THAT OLD DRIED UP FRIED TURD.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
217 Posts
Does anyone cover their car in the parking garage?

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
No one did it when we were at the Capitol Plaza parking garage, that I recall. Ken did install water wings on his Shelby in 2019! LOL!
Ha Ha MIKE !!!
I needed to, mine was down at the bottom as the basement flooded. I had to walk thru about 4-5 inches of water to get in and move it up....

GRrrrrrrrrrrrr………………….

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
OKAY People,
Let's see who the REAL Fans are !!!

Reach down in your pocket and pull out this like I carry...

coin1.jpg

Note Number of coin 069 of a limited run

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
I have a good number of Challenge Coins presented to me, I often switch them off as to what I carry and to where I''m going.

I'd be surprised if many here even know about the tradition of the 'Challenge Coin'

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 ·
Sharing something else I just pulled out of my pocket...

any guess as to how long I have had this?

Damn, I must be bored... Come On SF !!!!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
857 Posts
Thought Washington’s troops at Valley Forge had wooden dog tags. I know, I m gonna catch he’ll from you when I arrive Thursday.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
Reactions: Rjstevens
321 - 340 of 553 Posts