Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HEY....

I thought we needed a thread for SF21 general excitement and other postings, chit-chat if you want.
This one should be really Special in that last years was canceled and this will be once again when all of the 'old-timers' can get back together with our less-desirables AND some of new fangled 2020+'s...

I am near ready to go! I really do need my SHELBY 'fix' !

Still not certain when I will be leaving, But, I will be there on the 5th. I have a notion of a take off from here, Arizona, a few days earlier and take a long way to get there and visit some sites. I also may be doing a bit of driving up toward KC and Indep. after SF to look around, I haven't been back to my home town in a bunch of years.
So just about a month for most of you Yahoos, but I may just be hitting the road in a couple weeks. I need the "get-away" after being locked up away here on the property for a year ! Damn China-Virus. I'm over it and have the Moderna vaccine !

I am looking Soooo... forward to getting in it, on the road, and burning up some gas ! Probably not as much and as fast as the '20s burn gas... but no less the fun !!!

Is anyone else getting excited and looking forward to SHELBYFEST '21 like I am... ??????????????

Ken
RLTW
Sua Ssponte

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,295 Posts
I know I am Ken. Shelbyfest '19 was the last time I was "out of town".

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
167 Posts
I'm looking forward to it, this will be my first one. I have been following the forums on SF for a few years. Finally had the time. I'll be there on the 5th as well.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,838 Posts
I’m already here... all alone. See you in a month!

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
855 Posts
HEY....

I thought we needed a thread for SF21 general excitement and other postings, chit-chat if you want.
This one should be really Special in that last years was canceled and this will be once again when all of the 'old-timers' can get back together with our less-desirables AND some of new fangled 2020+'s...

I am near ready to go! I really do need my SHELBY 'fix' !

Still not certain when I will be leaving, But, I will be there on the 5th. I have a notion of a take off from here, Arizona, a few days earlier and take a long way to get there and visit some sites. I also may be doing a bit of driving up toward KC and Indep. after SF to look around, I haven't been back to my home town in a bunch of years.
So just about a month for most of you Yahoos, but I may just be hitting the road in a couple weeks. I need the "get-away" after being locked up away here on the property for a year ! Damn China-Virus. I'm over it and have the Moderna vaccine !

I am looking Soooo... forward to getting in it, on the road, and burning up some gas ! Probably not as much and as fast as the '20s burn gas... but no less the fun !!!

Is anyone else getting excited and looking forward to SHELBYFEST '21 like I am... ??????????????

Ken
RLTW
Sua Ssponte
Heck yes I am! I haven't experienced Shelbyfest! Meeting the folks from here will be great. We likely won't come to Jeff City until Saturday morning, sad to say, but it is the busy time of year for my job. I plan on leaving Lenexa at 5 a.m. or so, since it takes 2 and a half hours or so to get there. Question: will the forum members be clustered in one area with their cars? We will park near High street (hopefully!) and walk the length of the show, looking for forum members and introducing myself. I cannot wait!!!! Not sure if we will drive the GT500 or not, depends on who comes with me. I will wear this specific T-shirt:

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350- Race Red/White stripes
52 Posts
Never been. Hoping to make it down.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,838 Posts
I’ll say this about trailering to SF... I drove my 2011 up there from TX multiple times... I have a bunch of polished aluminum under the hood in that car. Invariably, I always got hit by rain during the trek. Cleaning the outside isn’t that big of a chore, but cleaning the engine bay with it covered in water spots sucks! You have to repolish all the aluminum.

I’ll clean the CFTP and load it in the trailer for the journey. It will be nice arriving there with a clean/dry car.

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
Solution: keep the hood closed.
Wait, this is coming from the guy that lives closer than anyone and yet has been known to leave the Shelby at home. :)

Look forward to getting the gang back together! Excited to see some of our forum members who are no longer posting.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350- Race Red/White stripes
52 Posts
550ish miles one way for me from Northern MN.
I'll be driving if I go. 🙂

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm looking forward to it, this will be my first one. I have been following the forums on SF for a few years. Finally had the time. I'll be there on the 5th as well.
I'll be there most likely on the 4th, maybe even the 3rd. Yeah, I'm that excited !

Heck yes I am! I haven't experienced Shelbyfest! Meeting the folks from here will be great. We likely won't come to Jeff City until Saturday morning, sad to say, but it is the busy time of year for my job. I plan on leaving Lenexa at 5 a.m. or so, since it takes 2 and a half hours or so to get there. Question: will the forum members be clustered in one area with their cars? We will park near High street (hopefully!) and walk the length of the show, looking for forum members and introducing myself. I cannot wait!!!! Not sure if we will drive the GT500 or not, depends on who comes with me. I will wear this specific T-shirt:

View attachment 213663
You NEED to drive the SHELBY !
And yes, we have always gathered together in a group and driven in as a group and park together as a group. It is a part of the experience.

I got to find the time to build up the ramp overs in my trailer. :eek:
now, if I can just keep from blowing my motor before Shelbyfest this time.😱
Bite your tongue!
There will be no engine blowing.

I’ll say this about trailering to SF... I drove my 2011 up there from TX multiple times... I have a bunch of polished aluminum under the hood in that car. Invariably, I always got hit by rain during the trek. Cleaning the outside isn’t that big of a chore, but cleaning the engine bay with it covered in water spots sucks! You have to repolish all the aluminum.

I’ll clean the CFTP and load it in the trailer for the journey. It will be nice arriving there with a clean/dry car.
Heck I drive mine there over 1400 miles just to get there, about half the times it has rained, it is what it is.
At least it will be clean when I leave here and I'll just do what I have to and can to clean it as best as possible when there. It may not be perfect, but it will still look good !

Solution: keep the hood closed.
Wait, this is coming from the guy that lives closer than anyone and yet has been known to leave the Shelby at home. :)
Look forward to getting the gang back together! Excited to see some of our forum members who are no longer posting.
It will be good see you again Bob. And maybe after SF I'll be up your way for a meal at the Englewood Café !!!
Simple things can make me happy.

550ish miles one way for me from Northern MN.
I'll be driving if I go. 🙂
Well just enjoy the ride.
I drive a bit over 1400 miles, typically straight through, One way.
In '19 it rained a good part of the way there for me and most of every day while there. The parking garage where we parked at the Capital Plaza lower level Flooded with near a foot of water... The road to the lunch at the winery was flooded out. We all took an alternate route and still went and had a great time. Kind of a "go with the flow" thing !!!

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just hope no one throws ‘Stuff’ at my F Pace...🤪🥸😎
Probably nothing bigger than an errant Turkey !

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
WHAT ???? ... I thought you bought a Jag F-Type ????

:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 213674

Guess you'll be parking in the back lot with my Ford V-type ....... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nope, SHELBY Support Vehicle parks right along with the SHELBY's.

But....

The Jag, that needs to park behind the dumpsters. Out of sight.

:oops:

:cool:

;):love:

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am still thinking about going ...................... :whistle:
"...THINKING..."

WTF, you will be there...

...or I'll be there and find you by the river and TP your van !!!!!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts