Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
A tad late on this thread. But I do not see that the Shelbyfest.net website has been updated nor any promo code for the hotel.

Are you just making reservations and are you getting the Shelbyfest rate and if so, what is it this year?

Sorry I didn’t read through the 80+ post here. We plan on going again this year, Tina mentioned it to me the other day and we are looking forward to it again and meeting everyone for a great weekend.

Mike sounds like he is still hanging onto the signs, we still need a spot.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I've got a conflict, but there's a pretty good chance that conflict will resolve itself, so I'll make reservations. The hotel was pretty good about cancellation last year due to the monsoon.

·
#1 Mike!
8,906 Posts
A tad late on this thread. But I do not see that the Shelbyfest.net website has been updated nor any promo code for the hotel.

Are you just making reservations and are you getting the Shelbyfest rate and if so, what is it this year?

Sorry I didn’t read through the 80+ post here. We plan on going again this year, Tina mentioned it to me the other day and we are looking forward to it again and meeting everyone for a great weekend.

Mike sounds like he is still hanging onto the signs, we still need a spot.
Rick, you should have read the first page of responses!! LOL! The rate for Shelbyfest attendees at the Capitol Plaza is $117.02 per night, which includes all the taxes. Call 573-635-1234; it's the best way to talk to a human being. Just tell them your are attending Shelbyfest and they will apply the discounted price, there's no promotion code that I'm aware of. (I know, never end a sentence with a preposition!) I have your parking sign tucked away in the safety deposit box and will bring it along. The Shelbyfest web site still doesn't show the new 2020 car registration, dinner, etc. fees yet. I try to check it daily and will let everyone know when it's posted. And Tina had to "REMIND" you that Shelbyfest was coming up??? You're slipping ole bud! Ken is already packed!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Rick, you should have read the first page of responses!! LOL! The rate for Shelbyfest attendees at the Capitol Plaza is $117.02 per night, which includes all the taxes. Call 573-635-1234; it's the best way to talk to a human being. Just tell them your are attending Shelbyfest and they will apply the discounted price, there's no promotion code that I'm aware of. (I know, never end a sentence with a preposition!) I have your parking sign tucked away in the safety deposit box and will bring it along. The Shelbyfest web site still doesn't show the new 2020 car registration, dinner, etc. fees yet. I try to check it daily and will let everyone know when it's posted. And Tina had to "REMIND" you that Shelbyfest was coming up??? You're slipping ole bud! Ken is already packed!
Haha, LOL.
Nah, believe me I know about Shelbyfest but also know its months away. I am just so busy right now and feel like I am always behind. We were talking about vacation time this year and what and where we wanted to go. And she said, well I want to go to Shelbyfest, (of course!) and was asking me the dates so she could ask off. So here I am.

Thanks for keeping those signs in such a safe place. :)

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
I've got a conflict, but there's a pretty good chance that conflict will resolve itself, so I'll make reservations. The hotel was pretty good about cancellation last year due to the monsoon.
Glad you had better luck.

I had zero luck with the hotel cancelling mine due to a death in the family. The person that mike recommended would never call me back. I ended up eating $400.

·
Premium Member
5,473 Posts
Rick, you should have read the first page of responses!! LOL! The rate for Shelbyfest attendees at the Capitol Plaza is $117.02 per night, which includes all the taxes. Call 573-635-1234; it's the best way to talk to a human being. Just tell them your are attending Shelbyfest and they will apply the discounted price, there's no promotion code that I'm aware of. (I know, never end a sentence with a preposition!) I have your parking sign tucked away in the safety deposit box and will bring it along. The Shelbyfest web site still doesn't show the new 2020 car registration, dinner, etc. fees yet. I try to check it daily and will let everyone know when it's posted. And Tina had to "REMIND" you that Shelbyfest was coming up???

You're slipping ole bud! Ken is already packed!
I've been packed since June 2019 !!!!

Hhmmmm… should I leave here on Sunday this year...

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
Mike,

You better do a test fit loading everything in the trunk of the 350. I would think it is bigger, but you never know.

·
#1 Mike!
8,906 Posts
It’s about the same size... slightly bigger. The range includes the convertible.

View attachment 196573 View attachment 196574
I think it's a toss up between the two different body styles ability to store luggage in the trunk. Sharon is well aware of the trunk and backseat limitations of the current and past Shelby's. That battle was fiercely waged in May of 2014 and I actually won it! Now it's come down to dogged compliance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll be booking a room for my first ShelbyFest in the morning. I will only be able to make it for Fri/Sat fun but I'm looking forward to being there.

When is the run to Herman planned? It's been a few years since the wife and I rode the motorcycle down from Kansas City just to have lunch there and we've been talking about getting back to Herman.

·
#1 Mike!
8,906 Posts
I'll be booking a room for my first ShelbyFest in the morning. I will only be able to make it for Fri/Sat fun but I'm looking forward to being there.

When is the run to Herman planned? It's been a few years since the wife and I rode the motorcycle down from Kansas City just to have lunch there and we've been talking about getting back to Herman.
The Hermann Fun Run will leave the Capitol Plaza Hotel at 1000hrs. on Friday morning. I will start a thread in a few weeks relating to who is coming and location of the winery where we have lunch. I already have a reservation for approximately 25 people.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Glad you had better luck.

I had zero luck with the hotel cancelling mine due to a death in the family. The person that mike recommended would never call me back. I ended up eating $400.
When I first booked, I went through a booking agent, unbeknownst to me. I had a very hard time contacting the hotel when I was trying to book a room. Someone with the hotel finally responded to an e-mail and I inquired about canceling because I had a conflict last year as well. I was told I could only cancel through this booking agent. So I cancelled with the booking agent and booked directly through the hotel. That might have been what happened to you.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Just made the hotel reservations. Apparently in January they are now adding a $10 facility fee per night. So now its $112 per night / $127 a night with taxes.

Considering the lowest rate is $129.50 plus taxes and that facility rate, the Shelbyfest rate still saves you the cost of one entire night if staying for 4 nights.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts