Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Shelbyfest 2020? (Edit: it has been canceled)

20K views 275 replies 28 participants last post by  blackcad55 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone had details on Shelbyfest 2020? My wife didn't know all of my imaginary friends on here actually existed, so now she's excited about meeting everyone and asking me about it.

#2 ·
It is usually the 1st weekend in May.

#3 · (Edited)
Attended my first this past May and had a blast. It was nice meeting everyone and putting faces to all the screen names. Planning to attend again this May. Hopefully my wife will join me. The Herman fun run was the best part.

#4 ·
Historically, Shelbyfest is held on the first weekend in May. I'll arrive at the Capitol Plaza Hotel on Wednesday morning. Now, I notice that May 1st falls on Friday and the car show is always on Saturday, which would be the 2nd of May.... Not sure how this will play out. Shelbyfest usually has some activities on Thursday and Friday so I'll contact Kyle Caraway to determine if it will occur on the weekend of the 2nd, or be kicked forward to the next weekend, 8th and 9th. Once I hear from Kyle, I'll let you all know. **** Kyle just called me!! Shelbyfest will be held starting April 27th through May 2nd 2020. He also said they've got some cool changes coming for this Spring!! Yay!
Also, registration forms for your car will be posted on their web site and registration usually opens sometime in early to mid February. The Capitol Plaza Hotel (where everyone stays) also provides a discount price for Shelbyfest attendees and you can pre-register with the hotel once they determine what the nightly discount price will be. That info should be available around the same time registration opens up. I'm also planning to have our annual (Diane's great idea) Hermann Fun Run from Jefferson City to Hermann, Mo. on Friday morning, 05/01/2020 and lunch at the winery. I'll be posting more info in the future. Crap, I'm already getting excited!! Postscript: Pray for no flooding and a sunny, dry day on 05/01/2020!!

#6 ·
Postscript: Pray for no flooding and a sunny, dry day on 05/01/2020!!

You might also add to the prayer list for no wild turkeys this time! :ROFLMAO:

#5 ·
Just some more info. Kyle advised that he is going to try and have car registration opened on their web site in mid to late December 2019. He said he would try to text me and let me know when it opens and I'll pass that along to the Forum. I also spoke with the Capitol Plaza Hotel (573-635-1234) to confirm my reservation for next Spring. They have the Shelbyfest guest discount already set up. It is $117.02 per night which includes all taxes.

#7 ·
I attended my first Shelbyfest in 2016, and have been to each one since then. I look forward to going each year now and this year is no different. As stated already, it's a blast! All the people are great and actually meeting and putting a face to the name, like Jon @BLKwRD14 said, make things even better.

Reactions: 03reptile
#9 ·
I just got off the phone with The Capitol Plaza from making my reservations. Confirmation email is already in my inbox. Took all of two minutes to get it all set up. Now the wait begins for the Shelbyfest website to open so I can get the rest taken care of. It's going to be another great Shelbyfest gentlemen, and ladies too, @SuziQ !!! ?

#10 ·
Nope, he said the 27th. I think that is when they start setting up etc., but not when any planned events will occur... but I could be wrong. Pretty sure the autocross and car caravans, etc. will be happening on Thursday and Friday, but again, their plans may have changed. We won't know for sure until they post the week's schedule on their web-site.

#11 ·
Ok, sounds good. I made my normal Wednesday to Sunday reservation, but if they are having activities starting Monday I can always change it. I usually take that whole week off for vacation anyhow so it won't be a big issue.

Reactions: blackcad55
#13 ·
For those of you who have already attended past Shelbyfests, I spoke with the Stone Hill Winery in Hermann this morning and confirmed our lunch reservation for a group of approximately 25 people on Friday, 05/01/2020, at 1100 hrs. Now if the Missouri weather will just cooperate, we can have another fun filled drive and get-together!!

#19 ·
What's the typical schedule? Wife was looking at flights. Thinking fly into St Louis Thursday night, hang out fri and saturday, fly back sunday morning/afternoon?

Reactions: blackcad55
#20 ·
Many of us arrive Wednesday and leave Sunday.

#23 ·
So if we can only make it to Jeff City for the car show on Saturday morning, where would we drive to? The Capital Plaza hotel? Or are the cars all lined up at another location? From the photos of past Shelbyfest, it appears to be an old town area. Any help? The wife is thinking we just drive down early Saturday morning this year. Hopefully, she will enjoy it enough that the next year we come for multiple days.

#24 ·
The area circled in red is the epicenter.

#26 ·
How is the hotel? Wife is a bit of a hotel snob as she travels for work, so she's curious what she's in for?

#28 ·
I stay in a crap ton of hotels. I would say this one falls in the middle. If your wife is a “hotel snob,” she will be disappointed in this one. It’s fun having us all under one roof though. We hang out in the bar area and usually trek by foot to dinner somewhere as a group. It’s a good time.

#30 ·
I went to SF last year for the first time, and yes, the hotel was adequate. My room was clean, but there were visibly items in need of repair. Agree with Tim that the place falls somewhere in the middle, but if I consider the price, I would rank it even lower.

Tim, I thought the show covered more of High Street because didn't we drive up Missouri and turn right on High to enter the parking on both sides of the street. Maybe my memory is off, but it seemed like the show covered many blocks on High Street.

#31 ·
Tim, I thought the show covered more of High Street because didn't we drive up Missouri and turn right on High to enter the parking on both sides of the street. Maybe my memory is off, but it seemed like the show covered many blocks on High Street.
Yes, the show covers more of High as well as side streets. I was just pointing out the “epicenter” or the center area of the show.

#32 ·
We're staying there, that's half the fun, just wanted to have her fully prepared. I've just got to figure out what kind of fun rental I can get as I'm not driving from Florida.

#40 ·
Except when it floods and we have to move our cars up one level! :)

#43 ·
What everyone said is accurate. It's an average, large, hotel. It does have a nice bar, which we take over! They also have a large dinning area and the food is acceptable. They have great pancakes...ask Ken ('Cause)!! They also host the Shelbyfest dinner there on Saturday evening which includes speakers and some nice door prizes! I won a set of BF Goodrich tires for my Fusion last year! Saved me about $500.00 bucks and they are great tires for my requirements. All in all, you're having so much fun that the lack of high end hotel amenities are a distant requirement. The underground parking is a huge plus given the propensity for strong rains during that time of year. The hotel's bread and butter is hosting a lot of conventions and corporate training sessions, so they are experienced in handling a lot of people and doing it efficiently. Trust me, it will be a good time!

#44 ·
Mike, you may want to move our spaces "up" from the elevator a bit. Hopefully we don't get as much rain as last year. I'm still using the BFG mechanics gloves I brought home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.