Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,614 Posts
Capital City Plaza Hotel: 573-635-1234

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,319 Posts
I just cancelled my room at the Capital Plaza hotel. Call the number Tim provided above, and then when prompted "if you know the person's extension", dial 7272. That will connect you with the front desk. They are being slammed with cancellations but just keep trying and you'll get a live person.

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Mike,
With any luck, it will be rescheduled still yet this year. If not, we’ll figure something out.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,401 Posts
Those of you who know me personally, certainly know how greatly disappointed I am at this news. ? I thoroughly enjoy, and so look forward to, the opportunity to get together with my old friends and new ones at this event and I'm truly downtrodden about this announcement. I also know that Kyle has been having health problems and this virus crap has just overfilled his planning plate. It's got to be a huge disappointment for him, as well. Whether he can pull off a delayed Shelbyfest later this year is predicated upon how bizarre this virus scare can get. We are all in limbo right now and things are changing, daily. Sharon and I are fine and are in hopes that we dodge the virus bullet. I guess we're in the age bracket for "more vulnerable" than many of you young whippersnappers! Neither of us have any ongoing health issues, so I'm not too worried. I just pray that none of you contract the virus and you and your collective families remain in good health until this crap has run it's course. I will be cancelling my room and tomorrow I'll call the winery to cancel our reservation for the Hermann run. What a crappy situation!
I know how tough a blow this is to you Mike. Hopefully they can get something scheduled for later this year.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
516 Posts
Shelbyfest 2019-excited to go, one week before Shelbyfest I blew the motor in my car. Me and the family still went and had an awesome time! Well worth it! Great meeting all the people and making new friends!

shelbyfest 2020-I have the car with a brand new built motor ready to go. Shelbyfest canceled. Bummer!

I will not be deterred!

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
will be cancelling my room as well ....

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
maybe I'll just drive over to @03reptile house ... (got room to park a van ??) LOL :ROFLMAO:
What, Shelbyfest is moved to Mike's house... I'm in...lol.

I was thinking about reaching out to @[email protected] and seeing if VMP might want to help with a Shelbyfest East in Florida after this all settles down.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,319 Posts
I sadly made the call to Stone Hill Winery in Hermann, Mo. to cancel our luncheon on 05/01/2020. They were very gracious, thanking us for contacting them so quickly. They look forward to having us later in the year, if Shelbyfest is able to re-emerge, and certainly looking forward to our group coming to their restaurant next Spring.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,319 Posts
What, Shelbyfest is moved to Mike's house... I'm in...lol.

I was thinking about reaching out to @[email protected] and seeing if VMP might want to help with a Shelbyfest East in Florida after this all settles down.
Believe me Tom, I'd love to have you all come! Bring your tents and RV's! I've got two acres of rear yard for camping! Seriously though, it would be nice to have some sort of get-together since Shelbyfest is most probably not happening this year, unless Kyle can pull off a miracle!

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Believe me Tom, I'd love to have you all come! Bring your tents and RV's! I've got two acres of rear yard for camping! Seriously though, it would be nice to have some sort of get-together since Shelbyfest is most probably not happening this year, unless Kyle can pull off a miracle!
Be careful what you ask for...this crazy bunch just MIGHT show up on your doorstep....lol

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
2010 Grabber Blue/White
4,411 Posts
Sorry this happened to all of you. On a positive note, if Kyle is able to have it another time this year I will probably be able to make it!

·
Premium Member
7,928 Posts
Bring your tents and RV's! I've got two acres of rear yard for camping!
Be careful what you ask for...this crazy bunch just MIGHT show up on your doorstep....lol
...... I've already got my bags packed and gas tank full ..... do you offer electrical service in your drive-thru spots ??? LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Come on in !! Well hell Tim, lets forget bringing my 07 .... your 2020 will do just find

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,614 Posts
241 - 260 of 276 Posts