Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
8,646 Posts
I guess it's time to start taking the names of those planning to attend Shelbyfest this Spring and who also wish to enhance and sweeten their experience by joining our merry band of idiots for a drive to Hermann, Missouri and the Stone Hill Winery. The Winery has a German style restaurant and the food is excellent. We will leave from the Capitol Plaza Hotel on Friday morning, 05/03/2019, at exactly 0900 hrs. ( That's 9:00 AM, Nick). It's a scenic 45 minute drive through the Missouri low lands and an opportunity to coalesce with nature and the Spring flowers! Last year we had 20 participants and it was a wonderful adventure. The wives also liked going to the adjacent wine purchasing/tasting building and buying wine. So, if you'd like to join us, please respond to this thread and let me know your intentions. I'll be contacting the Stone Hill Winery and making reservations for our group in about a week, so don't dally around with you decision. I'll be glad to answer any "legitimate" questions any of you have for me. The rest of you can go pack sand!:wink:

P.S. Also let me know how many people are you bringing with you; usually it's just a wife or significant other.

Addendum: 03/12/2019: I changed the departure time to 0900 hrs. after we had to make some adjustments as to when we go into the restaurant. See post #63 for explanation.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
As I said Count me in, my whole family is planning on coming with me. Will my 17-year-old daughter and 18-year-old son be allowed into the winery? Including my wife it will be a total of four.

·
Premium Member
4,926 Posts
Re: Shelbyfest Fun Run to Hermann!!!

As I said Count me in, my whole family is planning on coming with me. Will my 17-year-old daughter and 18-year-old son be allowed into the winery? Including my wife it will be a total of four.
Are you SURE that you want your FAMILY exposed to this BUNCH of degenerates?

Sounds like quite a CROWD is coming this year...should be FUN!

:grin:

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,369 Posts

I’m sure as long as you are with them it will be fine. The place we eat is part of the winery but not connected directly. It’s just a restaurant so shouldn’t be an issue.BTW, I am bringing my 12 year old grandson.

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,369 Posts

Me, Kelly and Dylan are in.

·
#1 Mike!
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

You prompted me to call the winery! Kids are welcome in the restaurant and the wine tasting building. They provide different fruit juices (non-alcoholic) for the kids and young folks to sample so they don't feel left out! I gave Stone Hill an estimate of about 30 people and they think they will be able to handle that number. They also have another large group coming at 11:30, so they will call me back tomorrow afternoon for confirmation. They seemed to think it would be okay. So far we have 18!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts

You prompted me to call the winery! Kids are welcome in the restaurant and the wine tasting building. They provide different fruit juices (non-alcoholic) for the kids and young folks to sample so they don't feel left out! I gave Stone Hill an estimate of about 30 people and they think they will be able to handle that number. They also have another large group coming at 11:30, so they will call me back tomorrow afternoon for confirmation. They seemed to think it would be okay. So far we have 18!
Thank you!:smile:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

I'll be there to make fun of the degenerate faction of the gang. :rofl:

Sadly, Jennifer won't be able to join in with me. After a rough bout with the flu, she doesn't have enough vacation left to attend the festivities with me.

·
Premium Member
4,926 Posts

I'll be there to make fun of the degenerate faction of the gang. :rofl:

Sadly, Jennifer won't be able to join in with me. After a rough bout with the flu, she doesn't have enough vacation left to attend the festivities with me.
Sorry she can't make it.....

.....You KNOW what that means?

YOU get to LEAD the Karaoke competition!

:twak:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

Sorry she can't make it.....

.....You KNOW what that means?

YOU get to LEAD the Karaoke competition!

:twak:
Sweet!

Y'all will be BLOWN AWAY with my renditions of Mustang Sally, Hey Little Cobra, and My Ford Mustang. I must admit that my versions are better than the ones sung by Wilson Pickett, The Rip Chords, and Chuck Berry. >:)

1 - 20 of 128 Posts