Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Deep Impact Blue GT500
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new member of the forum.

Just purchased a 2014 GT500. I always wanted to have the Shelby super snake front splitter, but it appears that shelby American discontinued the part. Anyone knows where I can get a hold of one? Thank!

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,103 Posts
You can get a splitter from Trufiber. There is a good chance that’s who was making them for SAi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see! I will shoot them a message now. Thank you for the reply!

·
Registered
Numerous
1,618 Posts

Just purchased a 2014 GT500. I always wanted to have the Shelby super snake front splitter, but it appears that shelby American discontinued the part. Anyone knows where I can get a hold of one? Thank!
You can get a splitter from Trufiber. There is a good chance that’s who was making them for SAi.
:iagree:

Mine came from TruFiber. Shipment was SLOW, but packing was EXCELLENT. Delivery was via a freight carrier that stood-by while I unpacked the splitter and confirmed no damage. Fitment was PERFECT, lining-up with all the factory holes on the first test-fit. Recommend having it wrapped with quality PPF prior to install, as it's much less resilient than the OEM plastic piece.

Automotive tire Road surface Grey Asphalt Rectangle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts

Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:iagree:

Mine came from TruFiber. Shipment was SLOW, but packing was EXCELLENT. Delivery was via a freight carrier that stood-by while I unpacked the splitter and confirmed no damage. Fitment was PERFECT, lining-up with all the factory holes on the first test-fit. Recommend having it wrapped with quality PPF prior to install, as it's much less resilient than the OEM plastic piece.

View attachment 228028
View attachment 228029
Gorgeous ride! love the coolant tanks and painted rad cover. This is not exactly the super snake front splitter tho. The supersnake one is extended out further.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,390 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Goose17 and SVT662

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that's the only place I knew that had it. If you try to add it to cart it tells you it's out of stock tho

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,390 Posts
Give them a call tomorrow, they run out of stock occasionally, IIRC, I had to wait a little bit for them to make a production run.

buy Two…..just in case.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
1,123 Posts
to expand slightly on Bobs comment… while mine is a 2008 GT500 (and you are obviously looking for the 2010-2014), I also wanted to add the SS front splitter as well as carbon fiber rocker panels.

since I couldn’t find the splitter, but was able to find the rocker panels available on Shelby’s site, I ordered them immediately. When they arrived, the very first thing I noticed was the part number on the top of the wrapping. It started with ‘TF’. I immediately recognized the part number, but hopped over to the TruFiber site and was able to confirm it was the exact same part, thus TruFiber had obviously become a supplier for Shelby carbon fiber parts (at least for the 2007-2009 year models). The only way I was able to find a front splitter made of CF was ordering it directly from TruFiber, or another site that also sold the TruFiber part, and from what I could find at the time (about 6 months ago), all production of the SS splitter was gone, and only ones that ‘resembled’ were being produced.

Again recognizing yours is a newer year, you may have better luck, but I’d get the closest looking one from TF and just move on unless you think someone might eventually part with an original one.

I’d love to actually have an original SS one, but tbo, if I did, and since they are so rare, I’d probably end up taking it off and putting it on a shelf and then install the knockoff one simply to avoid accidental damage to the original one. I get the silliness in doing something like that, but once it’s damaged, it won’t be repairable. If I somehow broke a knockoff, I wouldn’t be happy by any means, but I’d sure be practically giddy I avoided damaging a very rare original.

Reactions: Norton and 2112

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,390 Posts
I ended up getting my CF from Seibon, Anderson, TruFiber and Shelby.

I was looking for specific features for certain pieces.

I can tell you that the laying down of the weave and finish around the edges were not at the same level with the 4 manufacturers I bought from.

The Shelby Parts splitter had the best of both of those. I am sure they subcontract the manufacture of these pieces but I am relatively positive TF does not make the SS splitter.

TF also does not offer their own version of the SS splitter.

Reactions: Andretti

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
1,123 Posts
I end up getting my CF from Seibon, Anderson, TruFiber and Shelby.

I was looking for specific features for certain pieces.

I can tell you that the laying down of the weave and finish around the edges were not at the same level with the 4 manufacturers I bought from.

The Shelby Parts splitter had the best of both of those. I am sure they subcontract the manufacture of these pieces but I am relatively positive TF does not make the SS splitter.

TF also does not offer their own version of the SS splitter.
Interesting. It makes sense your model gt500 parts situation is different then mine, simply because yours is obviously newer, so I’m glad to read it worked out for you.

I know Shelby ‘suppliers’ have varied as much as the weather, so it is at least ‘more then a little’ difficult to find many specific identical parts simply because the supplier changed which then created slight differences for what is suppose to be the same ‘official shelby’ part.

Reactions: Norton and 2112

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,390 Posts
I assumed the SS splitter was probably an exclusive part.

I bought the Seibon grill pieces in 2015, the TF rockers/side splitters, Gurney flap and rear diffuser in 2018 and the Anderson hood vent and Shelby Splitter in 2020.

Anderson now has the Seibon moulds from what I have Read.

it was EXPENSIVE but I love it

next will be the under the hood radiator cover from TF.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I assumed the SS splitter was probably an exclusive part.

I bought the Seibon grill pieces in 2015, the TF rockers/side splitters, Gurney flap and rear diffuser in 2018 and the Anderson hood vent and Shelby Splitter in 2020.

Anderson now has the Seibon moulds from what I have Read.

it was EXPENSIVE but I love it

next will be the under the hood radiator cover from TF.
I didn't know seibon sell mustang parts. But I just realized that lethal performance sells TF and Anderson parts and it's cheaper plus free shipping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to expand slightly on Bobs comment… while mine is a 2008 GT500 (and you are obviously looking for the 2010-2014), I also wanted to add the SS front splitter as well as carbon fiber rocker panels.

since I couldn’t find the splitter, but was able to find the rocker panels available on Shelby’s site, I ordered them immediately. When they arrived, the very first thing I noticed was the part number on the top of the wrapping. It started with ‘TF’. I immediately recognized the part number, but hopped over to the TruFiber site and was able to confirm it was the exact same part, thus TruFiber had obviously become a supplier for Shelby carbon fiber parts (at least for the 2007-2009 year models). The only way I was able to find a front splitter made of CF was ordering it directly from TruFiber, or another site that also sold the TruFiber part, and from what I could find at the time (about 6 months ago), all production of the SS splitter was gone, and only ones that ‘resembled’ were being produced.

Again recognizing yours is a newer year, you may have better luck, but I’d get the closest looking one from TF and just move on unless you think someone might eventually part with an original one.

I’d love to actually have an original SS one, but tbo, if I did, and since they are so rare, I’d probably end up taking it off and putting it on a shelf and then install the knockoff one simply to avoid accidental damage to the original one. I get the silliness in doing something like that, but once it’s damaged, it won’t be repairable. If I somehow broke a knockoff, I wouldn’t be happy by any means, but I’d sure be practically giddy I avoided damaging a very rare original.
i spoke to TF on Instagram earlier today asking for the part. they said they don't carry that model so i guess maybe TF does make the part but it's exclusive on the shelby website

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Give them a call tomorrow, they run out of stock occasionally, IIRC, I had to wait a little bit for them to make a production run.

buy Two…..just in case.
Called SAI, they said there's a problem with the supplier and it won't be in stock for a while, but it's not discontinued which is a big relieve.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,390 Posts
I didn't know seibon sell mustang parts. But I just realized that lethal performance sells TF and Anderson parts and it's cheaper plus free shipping.
Free shipping would be big. Most all the parts came in oversized packaging and by truck.

IIRC, shipping added about 15% to the total cost.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,500 Posts
From your intro thread yesterday, " I don't think I will be modding the gt500 like I did with my gt tho. "
...........................That didn't take long..
CJ pony parts has one listed, ( TC10025-LG44KR )...TruFiber
Ships From Manufacturer This item typically ships within 15 Weeks

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
563 Posts
Personally, this particular part is so subject to scrapes and damage, I'd just hydro-dip an OEM splitter and call it a day. For anywhere else on the car, real CF would be fine. I do love the way these look but I scrape something nearly every time I take it out and these are just too expensive.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts