Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is nothing more than an info. gather thread...Just trying to satisfy my curiousity as to the availability of the first generation Shelby Mustangs. I know there are many of us here playing the waiting game for our cars and the fact that there has been no official pricing or build dates given only makes the waiting much harder for me. I have read on this forum that one, if not more, GT500 acquisitions may come to be decided in a court of law...this certainly adds to the uncertainty of my actually getting the keys to my car.
Does the manner in which the 07 Shelby Mustangs are coming to market bear any similarities to the models of yesteryear? Or were there fewer interested parties in the 1960's and early 1970 to warrant the hype we are seeing here today? In closing, I have read that due to Fords financial woes, they will build so many of these cars that they will never be collectible...Any thoughts on this concept?

Thanks, ShelbyWise :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
There is a start for build date,6-1-2006.Pricing should be out at the end of April,maybe 2nd week of May.The 60's Shelby did not have the demand that these cars have.The 1970 Shelby Mustangs were actually 1969 left overs that didn't sell.1970 was the last year Ford made them.My personal opinion is that the baby boomers are looking back to their youth and want a similiar car.The difference is a lot of them now have expendible cash.As far as I know now there is suppose to be 10,000 built in 2007 and 10,000 built in 2008 with an option for 2009.This could change at any time though.If they were building as many as market could bear California Ford dealers wouldn't be getting $80,000 above MSRP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts