Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey members,

New to the forum, excited about the new Shelby. Father has a 07 shelby expected to be delivered in Feb.

Thought you might find this interesting. I live in Sebring, FL and we have many racing teams that test and run here at the local track. For those of you that aren't aware of Sebring, we host the 12 hours of Sebring race at the Sebring International Raceway. The race is in March and is a blast.

Anyways, yesterday 1/09/07 there was a shelby out here testing for the Grand Am race in Feb. at the 24hrs. of Daytona. Here is a pic:

http://blackforestms.com/Images/Galleries/Galleries_17/Galleries_1.jpg

The race team is based in florida and has been extremely successful with Ford Racing support in the Grand Am Series. There website is: www.blackforestmotorsports.com

I thought you guys might be interested in this info, as the car looks incredible! It sounded awesome at the track also! The test times were 2:15:00 which is very quick around the Sebring full course track. They were also in the top 8 qualifying times at test days at Daytona.

Here is a little more info I could find:

Ford Racing will build the race engines utilizing infrastructure which is already in place to support the FR500C Grand-Am Cup program, and the Mustang Cobra will ride on a Crawford Racing-designed and built chassis. The Blackforest Mustang Cobra will race in the GT Class against competition that includes the Pontiac GTO.R, Ferrari F430, and Porsche 997 GT3.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=232765&FS=GRANDAM-GRANDCUP

It also looks like the engine is a Roush 5.0 liter that was run in the Shelby GT FR500c cars.

We always have new info from the who's who around here so I will update as new info comes available if wanted.

Thanks, enjoy!
Jason

·
Registered
257 Posts
jasaim...Thanks for this info...it would be nice to see some video of this car making its way around the track...welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
jasaim...Thanks for this info...it would be nice to see some video of this car making its way around the track...welcome to the forum :)
Thx Jason, I live about 50 miles north of you in Winter Haven. I drive there alot and just bought a 04 Cobra from the Ford dealer there, plus I have my two 500s.
Have a friend that used to race his Mazda there in SCCA but never have made it to one of your races.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts