Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great visit we had this past Monday. :D This is a have to stop if in Vegas. It really added to our vacation, and we didn't loose any $$$$$$$ while we were there. hahaha

The museum itself was worth the trip. So many very fine Vintage Cobras, Shelby's and Mustangs. There was even a 66 Shelby that was on display that was sold. The buyers were there to arrange shipping of there new acquisition. And the looks on there faces told it all.

The gentleman that conducted our tour was quite knowledgeable, and could have been Carroll's brother. Looked a lot like him.

Then we got the plant tour. 1st stop was the Cobra assembly line. What a vision that was. They don't assemble the power plant there, for some reason that I don't remember. EPA, or something. They are built by a separate subsidiary in Calif., also owned by Mr Shelby. Someone on the Forum probably knows the reason. I was too busy looking to listen very well.

2nd stop was the line converting the Mustang GT's to Shelby GT's. That was awesome. They had about 20 lifts, with a crew of 2 on each lift. Some were working the engines, some front ends, some wheels etc etc..

There was a lot directly across from the Las Vegas Speedway that had a couple of thousand Black and White GT's in various stages of conversion. And there was a steady stream of cars going back and forth to the plant, about 1/8th of a mile away.

Now there also is the Shelby Store. Anything you can buy on his Web Site was there, and then some. We picked up a set of Front and Trunk floor mats. There is also a supply of Shelby Wheels, hoods, parts etc. etc..

We really had a blast, and wanted to share it with the Forum.

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I wanna go.I have wanted to go for years.Someday I'll get out there.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Next time I'm in Vegas, I'm definitely stopping by Shelby Autos. Last time in Vegas, my wife and I stopped by, but it was a Saturday, so they were closed. :(

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
We picked up a set of Front and Trunk floor mats. There is also a supply of Shelby Wheels, hoods, parts etc. etc..

We really had a blast, and wanted to share it with the Forum.

:D :D :D
Hey Bogey. Is the trunk mat available for sales separately, or only as a package with the floor mats? I'd like to get the trucnk mat, but I already have cobra floor mats.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Next time I'm in Vegas, I'm definitely stopping by Shelby Autos. Last time in Vegas, my wife and I stopped by, but it was a Saturday, so they were closed. :(
Hey Prez,do you use Crest?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey Bogey. Is the trunk mat available for sales separately, or only as a package with the floor mats? I'd like to get the trucnk mat, but I already have cobra floor mats.
Only as a set Mr Prez. That I'm aware of anyway. Didn't see them seperate, but doesn't hurt to ask.

$229.00 for the set. Tel: 702-942-7325. I'm sure they could tell you........

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a call from Bud out at the Shelby Plant about another item. I asked him, and he said "only as a set at this time". And don't be cheap, buy the set. You can maybe swap the fronts with someone for something you want. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Just got a call from Bud out at the Shelby Plant about another item. I asked him, and he said "only as a set at this time". And don't be cheap, buy the set. You can maybe swap the fronts with someone for something you want. ;) ;) ;)
Thanks, Bogey!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're Welcome!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys really do need to keep that promise. Stop there, you won't be disappointed.......We wern't......:D :D :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I stopped there at the end of February. It was the last full day I had in Vegas and we were up late the night before. By the time we got the rental car and got out there, it was too late to get the guided tour; it should be at 3:00pm instead of 10:30am. :mad: I was a bit bummed but it was still pretty cool. There we probably only 50 GTs outside for the upgrade, at the time. When I walked through them , they had the date on them that they were shipped from the dealer. Some of them had been there 2 months and still didn't have the front on yet. I thought, I bet the guy that ordered that is just as anxious as I was a couple months into the wait. When all was said and done, the wife and I walked out of the gift shop with more than what we could bring back on the plane. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PatientMan - we did the same thing. I actually brought my mats back on the plane. They made me sign a damage waiver in case the box was broken up. But they arrived with our luggage intact. And our arms were full of "STUFF" when we walked out of there too....... Everybody needs "STUFF"..:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just heard from Bud at the Plant/Museum/Store in Vegas.

The Fliud Cap set should be out within a week........... FYI :D :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts