Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, having heard so much about a properly done PDI is there any way to tell if your Shelby was properly or "im"properly PDI'd?

Also, does anyone have a copy of the PDI sheet(s)?

Thanks.

Scott

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you're not sure if your car was properly PDI'd, will pulling the battery cable off for 10 seconds and re-connecting it reset the calibration for the PCM? Will pulling the battery cable adversely effect anything else other than the clock and stereo?

Also, I've noticed when starting the car (with foot off of the accelerator) that when it starts, it revs up pretty high and then settles down to a normal smooth idle. Does this sound normal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you're not sure if your car was properly PDI'd, will pulling the battery cable off for 10 seconds and re-connecting it reset the calibration for the PCM? Will pulling the battery cable adversely effect anything else other than the clock and stereo?

Also, I've noticed when starting the car (with foot off of the accelerator) that when it starts, it revs up pretty high and then settles down to a normal smooth idle. Does this sound normal?

Thanks.
Don't know on the battery cable thing , but, mine does the same high idle thing at start-up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok. Here's what I've found regarding the high rev at start-up...

"The reason it revs high after start is because the next step in the pcm reset procedure was not done. you now have to start over.

Battery disconnect for at least 10 seconds better for a few minutes. then with cable hooked back up turn key to on position without starting engine then off. now the rpm will not rise and you will get a better starting point. give it another 150-200 miles and you will notice a performance difference. its a mandatory part of the j10 procedure."

Apparently cars that were not properly PDI'd at the dealer have this issue. To reset the calibration for the PCM do the above to rectify.

I plan on trying this when I get home, but am out of town for a couple of days. Anybody else that does this please let us know if you notice a difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok. Here's what I've found regarding the high rev at start-up...

"The reason it revs high after start is because the next step in the pcm reset procedure was not done. you now have to start over.

Battery disconnect for at least 10 seconds better for a few minutes. then with cable hooked back up turn key to on position without starting engine then off. now the rpm will not rise and you will get a better starting point. give it another 150-200 miles and you will notice a performance difference. its a mandatory part of the j10 procedure."

Apparently cars that were not properly PDI'd at the dealer have this issue. To reset the calibration for the PCM do the above to rectify.

I plan on trying this when I get home, but am out of town for a couple of days. Anybody else that does this please let us know if you notice a difference.
Shelby08, I was the one who originally posted the pdf file. be glad to send you a copy. The entire PDI is many many pages long all i posted was the PDI check sheet.

If you sent me a prior PM asking for a copy sorry for the no response. I get so many people sending PM's asking for stuff I mostly ignore them unless I know they actually have a Shelby

Have about 300 miles on my Shelby Coupe and love it. my convert should be here soon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok, having heard so much about a properly done PDI is there any way to tell if your Shelby was properly or "im"properly PDI'd?

Also, does anyone have a copy of the PDI sheet(s)?

Thanks.

Scott
Scott, Its a requirement your dealer has a copy of PDI inspection form. You can ask them for copy. MOST dealers just check the fluids and ignore the rest. The tech and manager both have to sign off on it. Ask questions as to what was done and you will find out if it was actually completed. There are a lot of GT500 specific things that need to be done. I am a certified SVT,Shelby Tech & did my own PDI! (AT HOME)

Check the air pressure in tires. Coupe should be 35psi convert 32psi cold. If tire pressure change is made it takes computer 2 miles over 20mph to re-learn

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ebony,

Thanks for the information. I purchased mine from out of state at a PA/non SVT dealer and I'm thinking all they did was fluid check and clean.

I sent you a PM.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Would somebody be kind enough to send me the PDI sheets.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Would somebody be kind enough to send me the PDI sheets.
EbonyGT500 I would appreciate a copy as well. Thanks for the information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts