Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Ford customer service last week to check on the status of my Shelby. They said my car was on Material Hold. Does anyone have any insight as to what that means? I read on another site that all Shelbys will be put on material hold at some point due to Ford's "just in time inventory" process. After that, Ford assigns a build date. Can anyone confirm this theory?

·
Registered
888 Posts
07 SHELBY may want to step in and help you with this, but he has been over it before. I did a search and found what he had said about it:
Now as far as material goes each car in the beginning is going to say that.They might order parts for 200 cars and wait for the material to come in.Then it will go to the next step(see above).You have to remember they just opened the doors for Shelby orders and they are going to Mexico,Canada accross the pond to the Rich and Famous the big dealers and I have to ask "WHERE DO YOU FIT INTO THE BIG PICTURE". I look at it like the car is finally on the schedule, but the material hasn't been ordered for it yet. I won't say that is accurate, just the way I see it. Best of luck to you! Hope you get changed to "Bucked" very soon!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oldimp said:
07 SHELBY may want to step in and help you with this, but he has been over it before. I did a search and found what he had said about it:
Now as far as material goes each car in the beginning is going to say that.They might order parts for 200 cars and wait for the material to come in.Then it will go to the next step(see above).You have to remember they just opened the doors for Shelby orders and they are going to Mexico,Canada accross the pond to the Rich and Famous the big dealers and I have to ask "WHERE DO YOU FIT INTO THE BIG PICTURE". I look at it like the car is finally on the schedule, but the material hasn't been ordered for it yet. I won't say that is accurate, just the way I see it. Best of luck to you! Hope you get changed to "Bucked" very soon!
Thanks for the info, oldimp. (and sorry for the duplicate post) I hope I get "bucked" soon too. This is starting to get exciting. I'm so obsessed about this car, my wife is threatening to send me to counceling. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts