Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was brought to my attention at work today that someone has complained about me giving out info on their VIN's.It is very sad that somebody has stooped this low.I am not sure what their agenda is and at this point I don't care.I am not going to lose my job over this.I was asked to stop and stop I will.I would like to say I really enjoyed helping people out.I know how exciting it is to get info.The people I did help I am glad I did.I cannot give any more info on VIN's,I am sorry to all the new people.I will still be here and will try to answer any questions that won't get me in any trouble.There is a good group of people here and it is a shame it has come to this.Please do not ask for any VIN info for I will not answer you....................07............................

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

I can appreciate the dilema you are in and would like to thank you for all the great vin information you have provided to me and others on this site. First and foremost is your position with the company and if that is what they are requesting you do then that is what your must do. Things at Ford are obviously quite tense and rock the boat is something you obviously must avoid. Vins are out but I know you will provide what good information will benefit us on future events. Thanks once again and I am sure I speak for many!;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
well 07 thanks a lot for doing what you did while you could, it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It was brought to my attention at work today that someone has complained about me giving out info on their VIN's.It is very sad that somebody has stooped this low.I am not sure what their agenda is and at this point I don't care.I am not going to lose my job over this.I was asked to stop and stop I will.I would like to say I really enjoyed helping people out.I know how exciting it is to get info.The people I did help I am glad I did.I cannot give any more info on VIN's,I am sorry to all the new people.I will still be here and will try to answer any questions that won't get me in any trouble.There is a good group of people here and it is a shame it has come to this.Please do not ask for any VIN info for I will not answer you....................07............................
This breaks my heart man but I appreciate all you've done. I guess now we have to bug someone else. Thanks for putting up with us.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Good grief. That completely sucks. Some [email protected]&head with a petty agenda goes and ruins it all for the rest of us. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Even though you never got to track my Shelby, I really appreciate everything you have done for all of us.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Thanks for all your help. The time and information you've provided here has helped to make this forum as great as it is. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
You are an outstanding individual. Don't jeopardize or compromise your life for us. Do you think that we could influence your boss by just showing him the responses you get on this forum? Has he ever looked at this forum to see the service that you have provided to some of Fords most loyal customers?

Anyway, I hope you will continue to be our moderator and know that you will make all our lives more enjoyable by doing so.

·
Registered
888 Posts
You are an outstanding individual. Don't jeopardize or compromise your life for us. Do you think that we could influence your boss by just showing him the responses you get on this forum? Has he ever looked at this forum to see the service that you have provided to some of Fords most loyal customers?

Anyway, I hope you will continue to be our moderator and know that you will make all our lives more enjoyable by doing so.
Tom,

I am pretty sure 07's complaint did not come through his boss. His boss is a great guy! He may have heard it from him I guess, but I am sure he hated to deliver the news if that is the case!

I do think that it would be good for whoever the Ford guy is that is upset to see our posts and know how important 07's information has been to us. 07 has been a pretty good ambassador for Ford in my opinion! If you base your opinion of Ford on 07 SHELBY's communications, you have to develop a pretty high opinion of Ford! I can't say that for most of the other folks. They were certainly congenial, but didn't have much to offer in the way of useful information, at least in my case.

I don't understand what the harm is in someone telling us this information as it unfolds anyway! I know what 07's information meant to me through my process and I hate it that other guys coming along are going to miss out on that opportunity. But, someone got angry enough at the guys on this forum to throw a wrench in the works and ruin it for everyone! That was a mean and despicable act!

So, we still have information we can share and personal experiences that we can relate to each other that will help us find our way through the agony of the dreaded "WAIT"! Just remember, after you get it, you won't even recall how long the wait was! It is well worth the wait!

AND, we still have 07 SHELBY who has all this fantastic knowledge about the car and how it is put together and all he has ever wanted to do is help us out. I don't think he will stop helping, he just has to stay within the speed limit now!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Tom,

07 has been a pretty good ambassador for Ford in my opinion! If you base your opinion of Ford on 07 SHELBY's communications, you have to develop a pretty high opinion of Ford! I can't say that for most of the other folks. They were certainly congenial, but didn't have much to offer in the way of useful information, at least in my case.
+1,000
If Ford modeled their customer service strategy anywhere close to the help we've gotten from 07, a large part of their problem would be solved.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tom,

I am pretty sure 07's complaint did not come through his boss. His boss is a great guy! He may have heard it from him I guess, but I am sure he hated to deliver the news if that is the case!

I do think that it would be good for whoever the Ford guy is that is upset to see our posts and know how important 07's information has been to us. 07 has been a pretty good ambassador for Ford in my opinion! If you base your opinion of Ford on 07 SHELBY's communications, you have to develop a pretty high opinion of Ford! I can't say that for most of the other folks. They were certainly congenial, but didn't have much to offer in the way of useful information, at least in my case.

I don't understand what the harm is in someone telling us this information as it unfolds anyway! I know what 07's information meant to me through my process and I hate it that other guys coming along are going to miss out on that opportunity. But, someone got angry enough at the guys on this forum to throw a wrench in the works and ruin it for everyone! That was a mean and despicable act!

So, we still have information we can share and personal experiences that we can relate to each other that will help us find our way through the agony of the dreaded "WAIT"! Just remember, after you get it, you won't even recall how long the wait was! It is well worth the wait!

AND, we still have 07 SHELBY who has all this fantastic knowledge about the car and how it is put together and all he has ever wanted to do is help us out. I don't think he will stop helping, he just has to stay within the speed limit now!
oldimp, Could not have said it better. 07 was the only one within Ford who told it like it was. He was the only contact I had I really trusted. My other contacts were so full of Shxx when issues arose on my cars.

I could take a pretty good guess as to who caused the problem but will keep it to myself.

I am going to start a new post about issues on my Convertible. Looks like I may have to be calling my attorney soon. It does not appear FORD is interested in helping me out so the next step may be needed. The very So dreaded thing you hope would never happen happened.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Well another good thing just got F#@$ up. A shame for those waiting.. I must say for those that know or don't know. How exciting it was to log on and either have a PM or just a post that you had your VIN or within the 10 steps of getting a Shelby you were at step 3 or 6. It was just exciting. For those of us that lived it we won't forget it... I am a big Believer of what goes around comes around.. I have see it many times in my life... so someday it will come around and that person hopefully will remember why it is happening to him !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gee I wonder who may have complained?? Think it could be related to the post a few days back??? Wouldn't surprise me if it was. Anyway, what goes around comes around. usually a little worse:cool:
CW

I'll let everyone know when I get my car. dealer called and told me ETA was the 28th?

·
Registered
125 Posts
07 Shelby I can't believe what I'm reading. With all the good you have done for so many along comes a MAJOR A--hole and screws it up for everyone. Not only people in the past but I know how many in the future you were going to help. It totally P----s me off. As Busababy says what goes around comes around and when it does I hope his is TEN fold. I did want to pass along a bit of good news, a new White and Blue Shelby was delivered to Windsor today. Unfortunately it wasn't mine but it makes mine next so I may get a couple of miles on it before that white stuff is here to stay.
07 thanks for all your help you are a true gentleman, Take care Mustangnut

·
Registered
171 Posts
To Anyone Who Can Answer:
Does anyone know if you do the stripe delete on the coupe do you get an adjustment to the price since it is an option and it doesn't cost extra if you keep the stripes? Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
To Anyone Who Can Answer:
Does anyone know if you do the stripe delete on the coupe do you get an adjustment to the price since it is an option and it doesn't cost extra if you keep the stripes? Thanks!
You can do the upper stripe delete or both stripes delete. it does NOT change the pricing on car one iota

The stripes are not an OPTIOn but standard. The delete stripes is an option but no refund

·
Registered
47 Posts
Let me ask another question.

Since there is so much complaints about the stripe quality, is it possible to get the stripe delete but have the stripe kit placed in the truck so a real quality shop can install them?

I understand they do sell the stripe kit separately, so therefore as the strpes arestandard on the car, why not let us just have the kit.

Anyone able to answer this?

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts

Since there is so much complaints about the stripe quality, is it possible to get the stripe delete but have the stripe kit placed in the truck so a real quality shop can install them?

I understand they do sell the stripe kit separately, so therefore as the strpes arestandard on the car, why not let us just have the kit.

The answer is no, but you could try THIS:

I had the stipes installed. I bitched about them. Ford was supposed to send a couple of panels for replacement, but sent the entire kit. The dealer gave it to me. My stripes are all removed now and painted, but I will have the entire kit, sans the two panels they used, for future purposes.

Not the best way to do it.

The problem is only partially the installation. The installation sucks, but so does the product. They are cut incorrectly. They are not even close to the proper cuts. What they SHOULD have done was allowed the computer to read the curves on the car and create the (obviously) same curves for the vinyl. They didn't. They used standard, "square" strips of product and made goofy cuts and overlaps to make square pegs fit round holes.

Do yourself a favor. Unless you're buyng this thing thinking it's gonna be worth a mint in stock, factory condition someday, buy with the stripe delete and have them painted on. The stripe delete will save you 300-400 bucks in removal charges alone. Any excellent custom painter can replicate the look.

Expect to pay 2500-5000 for an outstanding job. That's taking off every painted part, removing the clearcoat, painting the stripes, and re-clearcoating while trying to replicate the orange peel that is on absolutely every Mustang. Don't let anyone BS you and tell you there car doesn't have it. If they say that, they don't know what they're looking at/for. EVERY Mustang has it, some more than others. It's due to variances in the pressures when applying clearcoat. It is rarely in the base color. The upside to orange peel is that it is refractive and allows for more shimmer in your color. The problem with flat-sanded, multi-cleared, perfect paint is that it shows absolutely every minute scratch. Look at a 7 series black BMW someday and you'll see.

Hope this helps.

bj

·
Registered
135 Posts

My stripes came nearly perfect, maybe just depends on whose doing them.
I do alot of stripes and decals on semi trailers at my business and the stripes on the GT500 appear to be a very hard type to put on, not sure, but some can be a bear.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The answer is no, but you could try THIS:

I had the stipes installed. I bitched about them. Ford was supposed to send a couple of panels for replacement, but sent the entire kit. The dealer gave it to me. My stripes are all removed now and painted, but I will have the entire kit, sans the two panels they used, for future purposes.

Not the best way to do it.

The problem is only partially the installation. The installation sucks, but so does the product. They are cut incorrectly. They are not even close to the proper cuts. What they SHOULD have done was allowed the computer to read the curves on the car and create the (obviously) same curves for the vinyl. They didn't. They used standard, "square" strips of product and made goofy cuts and overlaps to make square pegs fit round holes.

Do yourself a favor. Unless you're buyng this thing thinking it's gonna be worth a mint in stock, factory condition someday, buy with the stripe delete and have them painted on. The stripe delete will save you 300-400 bucks in removal charges alone. Any excellent custom painter can replicate the look.

Expect to pay 2500-5000 for an outstanding job. That's taking off every painted part, removing the clearcoat, painting the stripes, and re-clearcoating while trying to replicate the orange peel that is on absolutely every Mustang. Don't let anyone BS you and tell you there car doesn't have it. If they say that, they don't know what they're looking at/for. EVERY Mustang has it, some more than others. It's due to variances in the pressures when applying clearcoat. It is rarely in the base color. The upside to orange peel is that it is refractive and allows for more shimmer in your color. The problem with flat-sanded, multi-cleared, perfect paint is that it shows absolutely every minute scratch. Look at a 7 series black BMW someday and you'll see.

Hope this helps.

bj
Orange peel is caused by one thing.... paint not flowing properly. There are various causes for that but basically thats it. And yes the base coat can and usually does have it just as much as clear coat, its just that its under the clear and you cant tell. Before they started clear coating cars orange peel was the norm in new autos. Variances in pressure is just one reason for orange peel and thats because the paint might not be atomizing right and so it wont flow good, causing orange peel. Paints mixed at different viscosities need different pressures to atomize correctly. We us about 50 gallons of polyurethane a day at my business and know that orange peel like flaws in a diamond actually cut down on the shimmer in the paint not enhance it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts