Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the Shelby indoor cover? Curious who the manufacturer is. Looks like a one size fits all Mustangs??? The sale is a great price
I want to replace the oem cover as it is not black paint friendly. So far, the satin stretch fromCover King looks pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have a factory cover for mine too. I just thought there might be something a little better for the paint.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,542 Posts
I have interior satin stretch versions from Cover King and Covercraft. Both are equally plush. Only 1 offered a striped version back when I got them.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I ordered mine from Shelby right after purchasing the car and it matches my car. Black w/red stripes. Also has the CS on the sides. Believe it was made by Covercraft. I haven’t had any problems with it on my black paint. I will go look at the tag to verify if there’s a “made by”.

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered mine from Shelby right after purchasing the car and it matches my car. Black w/red stripes. Also has the CS on the sides. Believe it was made by Covercraft. I haven’t had any problems with it on my black paint. I will go look at the tag to verify if there’s a “made by”.
Snap a photo please. Did not see any from Shelby offered with stripes.

If I had Tim’s money, I would get the full custom that is printed to look just like your car sitting in the garage.
L

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
Snap a photo please. Did not see any from Shelby offered with stripes.

If I had Tim’s money, I would get the full custom that is printed to look just like your car sitting in the garage.
L
Unfortunately Bob I don’t believe they’re available anymore. Tim and I had this discussion at Shelbyfest when he saw mine with the CS on the sides. I looked on my tag. It doesn’t say who made it. Came with a nice Shelby bag as well. I found one pic on my phone and emailed to myself at work so I can post it on here Monday. I suggest contacting Shelby and asking who made them. Swear it was either Covercraft or Coverking. And it is the satin stretch.

·
Registered
955 Posts
The only pic of it with the cover on I can find Bob. Don't normally take pics of it with the cover on. That box is blocking the CS on the side. It's red like the stripes.

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it super soft on the side that touches the paint?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Is it super soft on the side that touches the paint?
Yes sir. Best way I can describe it’s like a thin layer of synthetic wool. Only grip I have is the color. It’s a very light grey. So I try to make sure any tire dressing is washed off before I put it on the car. I know. Just a little OCD like everyone else on here. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got around to trying out the Shelby car cover. It is manufactured by CoverKing for SPP. It appears to be their satin stretch cover. I’m sure in efforts to reduce excess inventory, SPP is using the 2015+ for 2007-2019. I need to see how it looks after a couple weeks in the car. Out of the gate it is a little loose in spots due to the differences in the body lines. However, it is doing exactly what it was designed to do.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Does look a little loose but hey, it covers the entire car and I like the cobra on the hood and the CS sig on the back.

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does look a little loose but hey, it covers the entire car and I like the cobra on the hood and the CS sig on the back.
Agree. If I decide I don’t like the fit, I’m sure there are a couple GT350 owners in this forum that might be interested in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes sir. Best way I can describe it’s like a thin layer of synthetic wool. Only grip I have is the color. It’s a very light grey. So I try to make sure any tire dressing is washed off before I put it on the car. I know. Just a little OCD like everyone else on here. ;)
On the tire dressing - if you put the cover on a car that uses tire dressing on the wheels, you can just put a garbage bag over each wheel and that will keep the crud from mucking up the cover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the tire dressing - if you put the cover on a car that uses tire dressing on the wheels, you can just put a garbage bag over each wheel and that will keep the crud from mucking up the cover.
I purchased a set of tire covers from California Car Covers to solve this problem. I don't much use tire dressing, but they're also good for keeping brake dust and road grime off the underside of your car cover. I grew tired of cleaning the wheels every time I put the cover on (every time I put the car in the garage). Dusting and removing bugs from my black paint is already enough of a chore.

Keep an eye out for a sale, and you can pick them up for $40. They're not as cheap as garbage bags, but they should last forever and are easy to put on and off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts