Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Shelby GT500 Backup LEDs

Here's a great way to upgrade your Shelby GT500's appearance and safety at night. These are great additions to any tail lights, and can be easily installed, plug-and-play. No resistors or anything needed. Perfect for GT500s equipped with backup cameras!

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not raise the prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

HP36: (210 lumens) Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.
XP50: (410 lumens) Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!

Bulb Design

HP36: Full 360 degree illumination with 36 High-Power Samsung LEDs. Aluminum base for optimum heatsinking, and non-polar design for easy installation.

XP50: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains two 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with two more under a projector lens. Housed in an aluminum casing with textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

The bulbs use an exact terminal and will fit as a replacement for stock incandescent All bulbs use less power and heat than the stock bulbs, and will last longer than your vehicle. Our LEDs use only the best components and are of the highest quality. The bulbs are designed for exceptional heat dispersion, and a diode is implanted to protect the LED from reverse polarity or voltage surge. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click Here 2007-2012 GT500

XP50 vs. Stock

Click Here 2007-2012 GT500

Any questions, feel free to ask via email ([email protected]), Post, PM or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks,
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Customer Submitted Photos:

Customer Reviews:

"What a significant difference in brightness. Sharp color and as bright as a flashlight. No question this car is backing up. Easy install and perfect fitment." (Posted on December 18, 2013)

"My stock lights were working fine BUT with my dark tinted windows I could barely see any backup lighting at all. After talking with Nick C. I went with Stage 2 on these backup bulbs. I'm VERY glad I did! They are BRIGHT and I can now see well when backing up.
Quality of the lights is fantastic! Solid well made product.
Being that they are so much larger than stock do take your time putting them in. A bit of a tight squeeze at the opening.

Highly Recommended!" (Posted on March 14, 2014)

"I ordered these for my mustang and i got stage 1. All I can say is they are really bright. The only way i would go stage 2 is if i had tint. I didn't have any problem installing them. I just had to tweak the contacts a little to get good connection. I am really glad i got them. They have a great white color to them. No one will ever not see me backing out of a parking spot at night.' (Posted on February 21, 2014)

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Re: FS: LED Reverse/Backup Lights! Hi-Power / CREE Models, Ships Same-Day! Plug and P

Do these super bright LEDs cause any extra stress/load/heat on the OEM wiring?

I like the idea of brighter backup lights but if it continually pops fuses or melts wires.

·
Supporting Vendor
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FS: LED Reverse/Backup Lights! Hi-Power / CREE Models, Ships Same-Day! Plug and P

Do these super bright LEDs cause any extra stress/load/heat on the OEM wiring?

I like the idea of brighter backup lights but if it continually pops fuses or melts wires.
They draw considerably less amperage than your factory incandescent bulbs (miliamps) vs. amps with the incandescent bulbs and also create less heat than the factory incandescent bulb.

They have been thoroughly tested in every Mustang model year and work perfectly.

*Plus they ship free if you send us a PM for the code!

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

Received the lights and installed them this evening!

Trunk light : The led is thinner and about 1/8" shorter than the OEM light. You'll need to crimp the receptacle down to get a snug fit but it's not difficult at all to do.

Map lights : Work very well. The '07-'09 cars are rather dark at night, the OEM lights are almost worthless for looking in the back. Not any longer.

Reverse lights : I got the 2nd brightest ones and OH MY THEY ARE BRIGHT! I have been considering a backup camera to help visibility, not sure that is needed any longer.

·
Supporting Vendor
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

That's great to hear!

I have the HP36's in my tail lights (the black GT in the pictures)

Don't forget to enter our Car of the Month!!!

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts

I installed the Hi Power Backup LEDs in my 2012 GT500 on just one side to see the difference.
WOW! Not only will I be able to see better when backing up, EVERYBODY else should be able to SEE ME!

Kinda expensive....but HEY they work GREAT, and it is just a drop in the bucket when you play with a GT500....;)

I just ordered the pair for the other side.

Attachments

·
Banned
9,880 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even if you have aircraft landing lights for backup lights I challenge anyone to be able to see any better backing up. Especially if you have tinted windows, which most cars do.
It makes a tremendous impact on rear visibility. Improving the light output also makes it easier for people to see you when backing up.

Upgrading the reverse lights, in conjunction with a rear-view camera is a win-win!

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Even if you have aircraft landing lights for backup lights I challenge anyone to be able to see any better backing up. Especially if you have tinted windows, which most cars do.
I changed out the Backup Lights in my 2012 for DD LEDS......they are BRIGHT. Side benefit, is folks can't MISS you when you are in REVERSE.

I also had the back window re-tinted with the New Ceramic Window Tint, you can use a lighter tint that still reflects the HEAT. I love it!

·
Supporting Vendor
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

510 lumens (measured)

Diode Dynamics' XP80 model

Available in 1156/1157 & 3156/3157 7440/7443 bulb sizes

1 - 20 of 42 Posts