Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past Saturday, my wife & I attended the Shelby American Holiday Gala at the Shelby American Museum in Boulder, CO. It was an incredible event, and worth every penny of the ticket price. Not only was Mr. Shelby in attendance but also Amy Boylan (Pres of Shelby Autos) and several of Carroll Shelby's drivers. I was in awe the entire night. To be in the presence of all that automotive history was too much.

As an extra bonus, we were able to confirm with Mr. Shelby that my wife is indeed related to him. My wife asked him if he was related to the Fuqays (her grandfather), and Carroll responded, "I sure am. Mt Vernon, Texas, right?" It was very cool. We kinda became celebrities for a little while.

Here are some pictures:

Us with Mr. Shelby:

My wife with Lew Spencer:

Me with Phil Remington:

Mr Shelby:

Me with Amy Boylan:

Our Monroney with autographs (Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan and Bill Neale)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
This past Saturday, my wife & I attended the Shelby American Holiday Gala at the Shelby American Museum in Boulder, CO. It was an incredible event, and worth every penny of the ticket price. Not only was Mr. Shelby in attendance but also Amy Boylan (Pres of Shelby Autos) and several of Carroll Shelby's drivers. I was in awe the entire night. To be in the presence of all that automotive history was too much.

As an extra bonus, we were able to confirm with Mr. Shelby that my wife is indeed related to him. My wife asked him if he was related to the Fuqays (her grandfather), and Carroll responded, "I sure am. Mt Vernon, Texas, right?" My wife's grandfather was a Fuquay in Mt. Vernon. It was very cool. We kinda became celebrities for a little while.

Here are some pictures:

Us with Mr. Shelby:

My wife with Lew Spencer:

Me with Phil Remington:

Mr Shelby:

Me with Amy Boylan:

Our Monroney with autographs (Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan and Bill Neale)

Wow thats great Rick.1st Shannon lets you drive her Shelby then you get to meet Uncle Shelby:D Maybe she should be the Prez(she can't whine enough) and you could be the 1st gentleman.Congrats to you and Shannon I'll bet it was great.Hey why isn't Shannon telling us some of this.Why do you have that ,dear in the headlight look.Nice touch on the window sticker:D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Me with Amy Boylan:
Why do you have that ,dear in the headlight look.
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but it almost looks like Amy may have been "squeezing the Charmin". It would explain the look on both of their faces. Either that, or it was an "America's Funniest Home Videos" moment with a whiffle ball bat.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what happened in that picture. Maybe I was trying to hold back a sneeze or something.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I don't know what happened in that picture. Maybe I was trying to hold back a sneeze or something.
C'mon. You can do better than that. Get creative.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Prez's eyes were that big the entire night and he also had the perma grin the entire night as well. It was a lot of fun.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is going to be a Great Memory for a long, long time.

Fantastic pictures.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I can't tell you how jealous I am of you Rick. :p Don't know want to know what you paid for the night, but I can tell you it was worth it. :) Those really will be great memories.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Looks great what a time you guys had.:D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't tell you how jealous I am of you Rick. :p Don't know want to know what you paid for the night, but I can tell you it was worth it. :) Those really will be great memories.
Yes, it was completely worth it. Tickets were $125 per person plus $75 for Carroll's autograph. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. Can't wait for next year! :D

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Rick, I am jealous too. I am looking forward to going to his Birthday party next month and meeting him and many others. Nice photos of everyone. The 1st one is the best. You have a pretty wife....you lucky cat you!!! ;)

Orf,

You made me bust a nut with that comment of yours.....as usual. :)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Great looking pics Rpretzel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts