Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was wondering what would make someone buy a Shelby Focus for 40K when you could be in a pretty sweet 2011-2013 5.0 for way less.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I was wondering what would make someone buy a Shelby Focus for 40K when you could be in a pretty sweet 2011-2013 5.0 for way less.
Probably because even Tuners want a Shelby. IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tuners dont even know who Shelby was.

·
Registered
768 Posts
For 40K someone could pick up a used GT500...

I think if the ST was AWD it would be an interesting car however, front wheel drive 300HP? I am not sure what they are thinking, for 24K I would rather just buy a Mazdaspeed 3 (I have one) which has 263HP from the factory and VERY good handling...with a few mods the speed 3 comes close to 300HP and turbo upgrades are very easy and can yield 400 to the front wheels.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,571 Posts
Watch out when you use that logic fellas... For $15K less than what you pay for a new GT500, you could build a TVS GT with plenty of chassis upgrades that'd eat its lunch!! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,571 Posts
I have a friend with a GT350... The car drives wonderful, and goes like hell (although my TVS GT500 walks it hard), but it's a ton of money for being a rolling billboard for Carroll Shelby (never seen so many logos, autographs and call-outs on a car in my life).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts