Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some news from the Romeo Engine Plant Rep. today.I am going to talk to him in depth tomorrow.The engines are already broke in.Drive it as you see fit.There is no additive in the oil.It is full synthetic 5W 50 Motorcraft.I think they are run on a test stand before they ship the motors.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got some news from the Romeo Engine Plant Rep. today.I am going to talk to him in depth tomorrow.The engines are already broke in.Drive it as you see fit.There is no additive in the oil.It is full synthetic 5W 50 Motorcraft.I think they are run on a test stand before they ship the motors.
07Shelby, I agree the only thing I could add is they will most likely make more power once they get a few miles.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
My dealer gave me a pull out sheet which indicates that the blower is limited to three pounds of boost for the first 5 consecutive miles or 50 starts. I already have 60+ miles but still am not reading on the boost gauge. I guess I have to wait for the 50 starts? Can't wait for full boost.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer gave me a pull out sheet which indicates that the blower is limited to three pounds of boost for the first 5 consecutive miles or 50 starts. I already have 60+ miles but still am not reading on the boost gauge. I guess I have to wait for the 50 starts? Can't wait for full boost.

Shlbysvt,
Yes that is correct.It is a software limit.It should be on after 5 miles.Did you step on the accelerator and watch your boost gage.If it is not on you have a couple options.1-disconnect one of the leads from the battery and wait a minute then reconnect the cable.2-Disconnect the 2nd cable down from the top(I think there are 3 so the middle one)on the PCM for a few seconds and reconnect.Either one of these procedures will reset your computer.Little tricks I've learned at work,but don't tell anyone.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Shlbysvt,
Yes that is correct.It is a software limit.It should be on after 5 miles.Did you step on the accelerator and watch your boost gage.If it is not on you have a couple options.1-disconnect one of the leads from the battery and wait a minute then reconnect the cable.2-Disconnect the 2nd cable down from the top(I think there are 3 so the middle one)on the PCM for a few seconds and reconnect.Either one of these procedures will reset your computer.Little tricks I've learned at work,but don't tell anyone.

Thanks for the information. Can't wait to get home and give it a try. The sun is out and the roads are calling. Hope the same is true by you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
07 - I've driven about 350 miles but haven't seen a reading on the boost gauge - although I haven't started it 50 times. Will disconnecting the battery fix the problem? Thanks.

Aldy

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
07 - I've driven about 350 miles but haven't seen a reading on the boost gauge - although I haven't started it 50 times. Will disconnecting the battery fix the problem? Thanks.

Aldy

I can't believe this is right.Have you put your foot in the Carb. yet?You know have you jumped on the gas yet?The boost want come on till you really give it some gas.To answer your question YES disconnect the cable for a minute and it will give you boost.I will bet dollars to donuts both of your superchargers are already active.Please let me know.......07................

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know where this 50 starts came from but don't even worry about that.

·
Banned
70 Posts
I don't know where this 50 starts came from but don't even worry about that.
Not really sure but I belive it says that in the book for the gt500 that comes with the car, not the generic mustang manual. M1ne's at my office so i cant check for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not really sure but I belive it says that in the book for the gt500 that comes with the car, not the generic mustang manual. M1ne's at my office so i cant check for sure.
Even if that is true,I have 850 miles on my Shelby and I bet I haven't started it 50 times.The point is they are hooked up and don't even know it.5 miles and it is engaged.I put 25 miles on mine at work and it was hooked up within 15 minutes.I bet I drive a little different.This is a Shelby GT500 and not a ZX3 Focus.Kick it in the ass a little bit.I bet it gets up and goes.Bring it over to my house I will show you what it can do....................07.....................

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There you have it...Drive the damn thing like you stole it! The warranty is on :eek:

ShelbyWise,
Thank you!Or bring it to my house and I will show you how to do it!

·
Registered
125 Posts
07 Shelby Just a tad of info But one of the GT500 that we had here had the same problem(not showing boost) it turned out that when the PDI was done that the tech forgot to plug something in at the S.C. Don't know for sure what it was but it did fix the problem after wires were connected. Take care Mustangnut

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Just look ahead so you don't get a ticket like my dumb ass did. Funny how I have owned some wicked fast sport bikes (still do) have done 175mph on my hayabusa not even one ticket.. get a red car and BAM ticket for 15 over. Well could be worst I have had the Shelby to 130mph (which I might add the boost was on that day) and didn't get caught... lucky I drive a focus daily :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just look ahead so you don't get a ticket like my dumb ass did. Funny how I have owned some wicked fast sport bikes (still do) have done 175mph on my hayabusa not even one ticket.. get a red car and BAM ticket for 15 over. Well could be worst I have had the Shelby to 130mph (which I might add the boost was on that day) and didn't get caught... lucky I drive a focus daily :)
Never fails When you need a cop you can never find one. When you want to go play, They are like flies on S--T and like you said it could have been worse. Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if my gauge is working or not, I really can't look down when driving mine, things are coming at me way to fast. It sounds good when I hear that supercharger start whinning :)

I am very very very impressed with the power.

Took my wife for her first real ride today, we were cruising around 40 mph I dropped it into 2nd and stomped it :) It freaked her out, she wasn't expecting that.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Got Boost?

07 said they were bench run at the Romeo plant so after 60 miles decided to take it out and give it a spanking. 07 you answered my question. No need to go to your house. Got a little carried away after the first downshift throw to second, so nailed it from a roll in first and threw a full throttle power shift to second. Wow!!!!!! Gotta go baby needs a spanking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts