Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Shelby CS56 wheel work on our cars? It doesn't look like it will clear the brakes, but the shelbyperformanceparts.com website says that it will work.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
What does SAI Parts know?:D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Will the Shelby CS56 wheel work on our cars? It doesn't look like it will clear the brakes, but the shelbyperformanceparts.com website says that it will work.

I have really liked that wheel since I first saw it over a year ago. The only problem I see is that it only comes 9.5 " wide. I would really like to have a 10.5" wide rim in the rear if possible.
That said It does apear like you said ,that it will clear the larger brakes but I wouldn't believe it without having personal conformation from SAI.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
If they clear you would be lucky, one of only a few things I have a problem with is not selection on rims, I don't want 20's they look good but I like the 18 for rotation weight issues just wish there was more selection for rims. The first company that comes out with a rim that will fit and looks good, and not 5,000.00 will make a mint :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent them an email. We'll see what response I get.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to carrollshelbywheels.com, this wheel will not work on the GT500. I didn't think it would. No response yet from shelbyperformanceparts.com.

The search continues...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the response from SPP:

The CS56 wheel will not fit on the GT500's because of the larger brembo brakes you have on the front of your car. Currently the only 18" wheel that I have that will fit your car is the Shelby Type S1 wheel. I have attached some pictures for you to see. They are available in chrome and silver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts