Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about that time of year to put the Shelby away.Does anyone have a recommendation for/against a car cover.Anything I should look out for?It will be indoors all winter.Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
213 Posts
07 I was just about to start a thread fr this same topic, the only cover I can find is a Shelby cover on EBAY. I can't find them anywhere else and I dont know how this person got ahold of them. Their is a large Cobra on the front and Shelby across the back. It looks okay (as far as covers go). I am trying to find out some more info, and will let you know as soon as I do. Oh yeah they are $399 + $22 for freight.

·
Registered
168 Posts
07 - I had a custom cover made by California Car Cover Co. The cover was about $200 and then I added the Cobra logo and Shelby GT500 embroidered on it. It looks and fits great. I'd recommend a cover, but that's my own opinion. My Shelby goes into winter storage next week. Good luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks Aldy, I checked their site out compared to what I found on EBAY thats def the way to go.

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 - I had a custom cover made by California Car Cover Co. The cover was about $200 and then I added the Cobra logo and Shelby GT500 embroidered on it. It looks and fits great. I'd recommend a cover, but that's my own opinion. My Shelby goes into winter storage next week. Good luck.
Ditto...I didn't get the custom Shelby stuff, but CCC Co. www.calcarcover.com/ makes a nice product. I have bought several covers from them over the years and have had NO disappointments...I don't remember now if I got the Superweave or Customweave. It fits like a glove and is very soft on the inside...was about $220 shipped to my doorstep.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
It's about that time of year to put the Shelby away.Does anyone have a recommendation for/against a car cover.Anything I should look out for?It will be indoors all winter.Thanks for any comments.
I purchased a California car cover the the GT500 lettering and Snake logo. Dust cover was all I needed and had posted it some time ago before I received my Shelby. California car cover is a quality product and my previous post gave cover cost as well as lettering, snake logo and storage bag costs. Happy ordering.:) The only adjustment the cover requires is making a hole for the antena. It comes with plastic gromets and instructions for the application. You also have the choice to remove the antena and not install the gromets. Your preference. I have not decided yet as I fear the gromets and fitting the cover over the antena may be more of a pain than removing the antena for the number of times the cover will be on the car. Pricing is straight forward, as the site is mentioned in this thread, but if you so desire I will check my pricing if needed. The key difference in the car covers they sell is whether the car will be stored in or outdoors. Mine was indoor so all I needed was the dustcover which is much more reasonable in pricing.

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts
You're keeping it garaged, right? Then the answer is NO cover. For a myriad of reasons. Ask your local painter.

bj

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I have a california cover (dust cover ) on mine. 3 layers with one layer of flannel. Super Super soft will not scratch. This is not a cover for a car that sits outside. I did not need weather protection just dust. If anyones car will sit outside get the cover they call The Noah series had it for my truck and it was excellent. I am sure a hundred compaines making covers but I have had 4 california car covers and they are great.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the responses............................07......................

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
07 Shelby Just got my new cover for my Shelby today. Ordered it from Varsity Ford in Mich. Cost was $344.00USD Part Number 7R3Z-19A412-A It was made by Covercraft Industries Paul's ValleyOK. Fit is great, even has storage bag attached, hole for antenna, pockets for mirrors, Shelby logo front and back. Just my 2cents worth Take care Mustangnut

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
07 Shelby Just got my new cover for my Shelby today. Ordered it from Varsity Ford in Mich. Cost was $344.00USD Part Number 7R3Z-19A412-A It was made by Covercraft Industries Paul's ValleyOK. Fit is great, even has storage bag attached, hole for antenna, pockets for mirrors, Shelby logo front and back. Just my 2cents worth Take care Mustangnut

Mustangnut and everyone else thanks for the input.I am checking out all my options

·
Registered
213 Posts
I tried searching that part number didnt have any luck, do you have a number to contat thta dealer, thanks. I bet this is the same on I saw on ebay priced for $399 + shipping, I like it but its a little high. Glad you found one cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aldy,
Wanted to let you know,I bought a car cover from California Car Cover.It was the Dustop model.$209 with a Cobra on the front.Thanks for everyones input..............................07...................................

·
Registered
168 Posts
07 - that's the same cover I purchased. I think you will like it. The antenna screws right off so you don't have to worry about cutting a hole in the cover when you put the car into storage.

·
Registered
83 Posts
07 - that's the same cover I purchased. I think you will like it. The antenna screws right off so you don't have to worry about cutting a hole in the cover when you put the car into storage.
Thanks for doing the leg work on the covers. I have fallen in line to get the same dust cover. Do not need a outside one
Thanks

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Why would you recommend not covering it if it's inside?
CW
I believe the issue is some covers are not user friendly with clear coat finishes, although Califorina Car Cover states their covers are suitable for clear coat finishes. The real response will come from the paint experts.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts