Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Shelby Competition heat exchanger installed

2007 - 2014 
3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Robert M 
Finally got around to installing the shelby competition heat exchanger, Ran into a couple issues as stock mounting location for pump 2011 is smack dead center of grill opening when finished all you see is the pump , so I opted to relocate the pump to drivers side used a piece of angle aluminum,
contemplated eliminating the spal fans per dept of boost science but eventually decided to keep them since I paid alot extra for them.

one thing i am thinking of doing is placing a switch in cab to be able to turn them off , since they would hinder airflow above a certain speed I am guessing they will run continuously all the time?

Found the best tool for any cooling system job
by far the easiest method tests the system for leaks prior to filling and fills in seconds with no airlocks guaranteed, there are youtube vids on it in action so simple yet so effective, i had airlock when i first filled the system and had to pull hoses and still had aeration,
View attachment 225266
View attachment 225267
pump visible how disgusting
View attachment 225268
relocated pump
View attachment 225269

now , im leaning towards painting the heat exchanger black and stencil in silver, but kinda like it this way too

now if i can just get my bmr watts link , 2 months of waiting
Nice mod! Thanks for sharing! 🍻

I
I can do that, I am presently recovering from surgery and have to uncover the car to take a pic. When I am able can get a pic. May have one already and will look tonite of my inside pics to see if I have one alreay.
Are you doing alright Chuck?

Best I can. I have a large internal infection that our local medical system has miss treated for two months now. Had surgery Thursday to drain the infection. Have a hole in my ass now with a drain to try and start to fix this. Pissed off about how doctors do not listen anymore and just test for stupid crap that had nothing to do with what is wrong with you and ignore what you are telling them. If I did not force them to put me on antibiotics, I prob be dead now!
Well shit! Hopefully you are on the mends now Chuck. Keep us informed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.