Registered
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
998 Posts
Never seen that before. Now I have to find the build date for mine.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
3,945 Posts
SPP offered both options depending on your year or time of production. If SPP no longer has it in stock, there is a chance you can find it in some other sites. Maybe even Ebay. Also look at the Shelby Aictions ebay store. Lastly, look in the closeout section of the Shelbystore site.

·
Registered
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SPP offered both options depending on your year or time of production. If SPP no longer has it in stock, there is a chance you can find it in some other sites. Maybe even Ebay. Also look at the Shelby Aictions ebay store. Lastly, look in the closeout section of the Shelbystore site.
Yeah I've looked in all those locations. Trying to see if someone has a part number on the correct one, so I track it down easier, or at least validate that it does not exist and know Moroso is the only option.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,916 Posts
I can’t help you with the original Shelby version, but if you get a Moroso version I could help you make it almost like the Shelby one. Here’s what mine looks like:
Motor vehicle Light Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can’t help you with the original Shelby version, but if you get a Moroso version I could help you make it almost like the Shelby one. Here’s what mine looks like:
View attachment 225424
You know what, not a bad idea. Slap a logo on it and call it done. Yours looks very nice!

·
Registered
2014 GT500 PP
619 Posts
They made it for the larger reservoir on the 07-early 08 and then the smaller version. Both sizes were offered with a "Shelby GT500" snake logo and then the same that said "Super Snake" and snake logo. They haven't been in the store for probably 5 years now. No idea on part numbers.

Tom

·
Registered
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They made it for the larger reservoir on the 07-early 08 and then the smaller version. Both sizes were offered with a "Shelby GT500" snake logo and then the same that said "Super Snake" and snake logo. They haven't been in the store for probably 5 years now. No idea on part numbers.

Tom
So I found the part number from this old thread below, and for the Shelby 'Small' brake reservoir (after mid-08') it too was 74222. The large one is 74221 and still available on Shelby's site from the link I posted in my OP.

Reading this Shelby thread, seemed that they were Moroso sourced, and had the custom Shelby engraving but the lead time was a PITA. Lots of folks got creative with powder coating to match. Having a Moroso one that doesn't match isn't really a huge deal, just wanted to source a matching Shelby Branded one if possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts