Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed these,Thought it would be simple-Cut hole and install-Not that simple the Shelby bezels are oblong and seem to need a backing plate installed between the grill and the tube.I really dont want to take the Front End off Again.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
i dont have them...i thought they looked and were made cheap. I installed the set from JLT, which were made better IMO. there's a few threads here on them from Jay of JLT. But you can cut the holes w/o removing the front. Just need a 2-1/4" hole saw and drill from the backside. Just keep it as straight and even as possible. You will however need a 90 degree angle drive for the passenger side, since the water bottle prevents cutting w/o it. Do a search here and read up.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cut the holes before I got the bezels-Just used an air ratchet with a bit the hole saw slipped into-No problem.If I cant find someone who has done this I will be getting the JLT kit-Which I was gonna get his Cooling Kiit anyway,All the JLT products I have are great.Just liked the look of the Shelbys a tad better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts