Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I wondered how they decided how many to stripe in a day now I know. Job security strikes again.

On a positive note at least it is done right, if I had to stripe my own car I don't care how many times I would read the directions, or how careful I would be I still would have bubbles, off center, basically all F#$# up. :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I must be a glutton for punishment. Making fun of the two workers striping my car is like sending my food back in a restaurant so everyone can spit on it.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
LOOK N GO said:
Yeah, I must be a glutton for punishment. Making fun of the two workers striping my car is like sending my food back in a restaurant so everyone can spit on it.
Yeah...you forgot to add your VIN.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
LOOK N GO said:
Wow that's pretty good.Can you do that with 4 people.I was told yesterday they have 4 people doing this.4 people on 4 different cars.So they probably do 8 a day if they all show up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
07 SHELBY said:
Wow that's pretty good.Can you do that with 4 people.I was told yesterday they have 4 people doing this.4 people on 4 different cars.So they probably do 8 a day if they all show up.
Point well taken... here it is.

COMIC25.JPG

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
LOOK N GO said:

View attachment 138

Oh, what the heck....I'll play.

Since you're doing "requests", can you place a small chicken in the wheelwells of that one in the very back? It's the one that according to the window sticker is going to KY.

Thanks.

Y'all

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
LOOK N GO said:

View attachment 138

LOOK N GO How did you get a picture of me?That's me doing the shaker 1000 gig.I thought I was doing good staying out of harms way.Yeh I want to see the whole chicken thing too.Flat Rock fried chicken to K.F.C.

I bet I have a name and a VIN for everyone of those cars.

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Well finally Oldimp's car was loaded yesterday and shipped by rail.I am soo happy for him.Remember we want pictures.
This morning only 1 change,I got a Blend Date as of yesterday.Should get built next week.There are a few of us here that are getting built next week.Congrats to all.Pictures,pictures and more pictures.
07 SHELBY...Thats GREAT news for oldimp and you!! :) :) My dealer just emailed me and said her daily status report was showing 8/15 as the approx. ETA for my car to the dealership...I'm not sure if this date could be legit, but I'm spreading the news nonetheless...:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I still dont understand why oldimp's car took so long to get to him when it was built awhile ago. My day to be produced is 7/31 with a delievery eta of 8/17. I can't see how thats going to happen when previous cars are getting delayed so long. I'll just hope it happens when the dealer says it will

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Well finally Oldimp's car was loaded yesterday and shipped by rail.I am soo happy for him.Remember we want pictures.
This morning only 1 change,I got a Blend Date as of yesterday.Should get built next week.There are a few of us here that are getting built next week.Congrats to all.Pictures,pictures and more pictures.
COOL! I went ahead and sealed the deal on mine this morning so I didn't miss my favorable loan rate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get it striped this week.

Oldimp...it doesn't look like we got that tandem ride down to Shelbyville, but mine's coming through there too.

bj

·
Registered
888 Posts
07 SHELBY,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has been a frustrating journey at times, but you sure made it easier over the rough spots! I can never thank you enough! I know the journey isn't quite over, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!

ShelbyWise,
Thanks, man! I hope your date holds up for you!

Kickstand,
For the most part the timing just wasn't quite right for me. The car was done (except for the stripes) just before the plant shut down. The stripes went on the first day after the shut down, but it didn't have enough car buddies to fill a rail car going to South Carolina! Yours should not experience the same set backs! Best of luck to you!

VMOUS1,
We are getting close! It won't be as long as it has been!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VNMOUS1 said:
Oh, what the heck....I'll play.

Since you're doing "requests", can you place a small chicken in the wheelwells of that one in the very back? It's the one that according to the window sticker is going to KY.

Thanks.

Y'all

bj
You made us laugh when you asked what our VIN was. That was the funniest thing we heard all week. Just because we gave a $10K deposit three months ago, doesn't always mean you get a VIN. Here is your cartoon...

comic26.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
LOOK N GO said:
You made us laugh when you asked what our VIN was. That was the funniest thing we heard all week. Just because we gave a $10K deposit three months ago, doesn't always mean you get a VIN. Here is your cartoon...

View attachment 139

Oh LOOK N GO I can't stop laughing.That is good.I really like VNMOUS1's car.I am printing these out and hanging them at work.You da man.Ha ha ha ha............07...........................

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
07 SHELBY said:
Oh LOOK N GO I can't stop laughing.That is good.I really like VNMOUS1's car.I am printing these out and hanging them at work.You da man.Ha ha ha ha............07...........................
Here is the one we have hanging up...

COMIC27.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
LOOK N GO said:

View attachment 139
Great job!!! OK....I have to ask....where did the SCUBA thing come from? Did someone read a post of mine where I talked about hobbies??!! I'm a PADI SCUBA Instructor!

I'm printing this one out!!!!

You rock.

bj

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oldimp said:
07 SHELBY,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has been a frustrating journey at times, but you sure made it easier over the rough spots! I can never thank you enough! I know the journey isn't quite over, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!

ShelbyWise,
Thanks, man! I hope your date holds up for you!

Kickstand,
For the most part the timing just wasn't quite right for me. The car was done (except for the stripes) just before the plant shut down. The stripes went on the first day after the shut down, but it didn't have enough car buddies to fill a rail car going to South Carolina! Yours should not experience the same set backs! Best of luck to you!

VMOUS1,
We are getting close! It won't be as long as it has been!
We can't forget our South Carolina buddy...

COMIC28.jpg

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks, LOOK N GO,
That is great! Our Navy and me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts