Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I seeing things wasn't Carroll Shelby's autograph $200.00 now its $250.00.:confused:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yeah I noticed that too - but it's for a good cause. He signed my owner's manual binder for nothing last month when he was in town.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Now he is refusing to even sign a photo of a shelby without a $250 check. His appearance at the Tasca show was less than heartwarming.

Charity, right. I'll believe in it again when the $$ starts going where its supposed to rather than a bunch of vauge promises and money grabbing media events.

His attitude at the Tasca show today toward a good frined of our family has REALLY soured my opinion of the man and the company he promotes.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Now he is refusing to even sign a photo of a shelby without a $250 check. His appearance at the Tasca show was less than heartwarming.

Charity, right. I'll believe in it again when the $$ starts going where its supposed to rather than a bunch of vauge promises and money grabbing media events.

His attitude at the Tasca show today toward a good frined of our family has REALLY soured my opinion of the man and the company he promotes.
Now how much have you read on the Foundation. Carroll Shelby is attempting to build a Foundation fund that will outlast even him. He wants to build as much as he can, so that the Foundation can continue giving for years and years to come. The endowment he's putting together is more "LONG TERM" worthwhile for helping Childrens causes than just taking it in and spending it all right away. Please take the time to read-up on the man, and his plans befor you start putting it down. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll be having dinner with him in Hershey, Pa in October. And if I need to pay for a 2nd autograph, so be it. I have faith............:D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my opinion, if you believe that his signature is worth it you will pay whatever amount you fill is necassary even if you don't believe that it goes to a good cause or not. I think that his signature would be an added value to the car or whatever you have had signed. Back in 2000 he was at the Kruse Auto Auction and there were lines of people waiting to have him sign things. I had him sign a print and he did it for nothing then. I don't know about you but thats alot of signing, don't know if I would be up to that.I'm still going to have him my car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have paid to have him sign the car, just wanted him to sign a photo of my car for use at shows. He has signed autographs on photos for free in the past, especially for those that paid for the car signature. It was not just the $$, it was the way our friend was put off by the shelby staff when she asked. I DID read CS response to the charity article and WANT to believe his version. Like most issues, I really believe the truth lies somewhere in between the too. But my point was that the 'Sales for Charity' banter and the attitude presented at Tasca go a long way toward making it easy to not believe in him.

The poor communication and organization presented at Tasca by SAI and CS along with the very poor way SAI has run thier parts business thus far makes it very hard to WANT to continue with them. They need to grow up and present a clear and positive image to the public. At the moment they are NOT. All the emails and bickering in the world will not fix it. Actions on behalf of SAI and CS will be needed to set the image right. I am by far not the only person that has gained this negative image of SAI since buying a GT500 and trying to do business with them. I have faired better than many. I still WANT to believe in him and do business with SAI. They just continue to make that difficult.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just recieved a signed car part back from the CSCF (passenger airbag cover, thank you letter, and COA)
I got is back just 2 1/2 weeks after I sent it.
It is worth the money and also a write off on your taxes.
This was a gift for my father-in-law's birthday.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Sweet. That's about 1/2 the time it used to take. It does add to the car.:)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I am going with as well BearCat97.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know where to get a passenger airbag cover?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a passenger airbag cover?
Try teamfordparts.com. Thats where I bought the spare center vent piece that I sent to get signed when I bought the black vert.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Try teamfordparts.com. Thats where I bought the spare center vent piece that I sent to get signed when I bought the black vert.
Not to Hijack the thread here, but hey, nice avatar!

What kinda wheels / tires you using there?

As far as the CS signature stuff, I think its great if its all going to charity, but I really wonder how much goes to fatten the corporate coffers. Gotta give him credit for what he is trying to accomplish. He could after all just charge the money and not give a dime to charity, and people would still pay.

TD

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

As far as the CS signature stuff, I think its great if its all going to charity, but I really wonder how much goes to fatten the corporate coffers. Gotta give him credit for what he is trying to accomplish. He could after all just charge the money and not give a dime to charity, and people would still pay.

TD
Thanks, the avatar is a Hazman creation. He's the best.:)

The wheels are Asanti's and the tires are Nitto Invo's.

I don't know exactly how much end up going to the charity. I believe about a year ago something came out that indicated a much smaller percentage actually ended up helping children.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
The signed dash plaque that cost me 300 didn't come with a detail of how much went to the foundation so I couldn't deduct it. Now they are going for 350.
CS hasn't been feeling well lately never made it to BJ. Never signed a single thing at the birthday party that many people came to honor him.
Art

·
Registered
40 Posts
think i will have the chief justice sign my stuff, screwing up the oath today was priceless...

·
Registered
662 Posts

TD
Wheels? Tires? I didn't see any?:zlurking:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just waiting patiently on my Shelbt Plaque.

Got my SVT certificate in the mail the other day. CS' autograph looks original??

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts