Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick update, the car was dropped off at Shelby American; the transformation has begun! I’m told it’ll take 60 - 90 days to complete but as the old saying goes “... you can’t rush art...”

After much deliberating, I’m basically sticking with the SE package (a few upgrades here and there) I’m sure it’ll look and perform awesome once the team in Vegas is done with it. BTW, if you can make it to Vegas, a trip to the hallowed ground is a must for any car enthusiast!

I’ll continue to update in the future....

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Quick update, the car was dropped off at Shelby American; the transformation has begun! I’m told it’ll take 60 - 90 days to complete but as the old saying goes “... you can’t rush art...”

After much deliberating, I’m basically sticking with the SE package (a few upgrades here and there) I’m sure it’ll look and perform awesome once the team in Vegas is done with it. BTW, if you can make it to Vegas, a trip to the hallowed ground is a must for any car enthusiast!

View attachment 215066
Outstanding Mike! 🤟

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick update and recommendation request.

The car is coming along. It's in paint at the moment. I wish I could share pictures but there's really nothing too exciting at this point.

Which brings me to a request for a recommendation from the group. Once all this work is done, I'd like to have the car paint corrected, PPFd and ceramic coated. My question is does anyone know of a great shop in Las Vegas that they'd recommend? Shelby provided a couple recommendations but nothing I'm really thrilled about.

I'm going to the bash in September and based on the build schedule, there likely won't be enough time for me to get the car home, have a local shop do the protection work then go to the Bash, hence the request for a shop in Vegas.

If you have a recommendation in Vegas, I'm all ears.

I'll post some pics of the car as I get them.

Thanks!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quick update and recommendation request.

The car is coming along. It's in paint at the moment. I wish I could share pictures but there's really nothing too exciting at this point.

Which brings me to a request for a recommendation from the group. Once all this work is done, I'd like to have the car paint corrected, PPFd and ceramic coated. My question is does anyone know of a great shop in Las Vegas that they'd recommend? Shelby provided a couple recommendations but nothing I'm really thrilled about.

I'm going to the bash in September and based on the build schedule, there likely won't be enough time for me to get the car home, have a local shop do the protection work then go to the Bash, hence the request for a shop in Vegas.

If you have a recommendation in Vegas, I'm all ears.

I'll post some pics of the car as I get them.

Thanks!
My only recommendation is to do what I did in my local area... I didn’t have any experience with any PPF shops. I used google maps to find the shops nearby and called them. After speaking with the different shop owners for a few minutes, it became obvious which shop I was going to use.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
549 Posts
I don't know about PPF, but Gloss It is in Vegas, and they've had some great reviews by people getting details done at the Bash the past few years.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts

View attachment 215066
^^^^^Cool!!...............and 100 copies?? I don't see many 1993 Cobra R's (107 built), so that is quite an exclusive number and if you want to also compare the 100 SE build to the 107 93R build, all 107 1993 Cobra R's were identical in color and options (and deletes) and are considered quite exclusive, the fact that a GT500 owner like yourself can send your Blue car in, and the next owner can send a Red car in, there may be some diversification in color and options on these GT500SE's that might make some of them quite rare, far less than the 100 total build......

R

21 - 26 of 26 Posts