33,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a hard “no” from the wife already. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: what are the chances of them selling the wheels and side stripe separately?
I don’t think Shelby will sell the wheels separately... it would water down the exclusivity. As for vinyl, any custom vinyl shop can make something very similar.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Nitrojnky2001

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, do you have to buy the car from them? Or can one take their’s to them, pay the money and have the conversion done? Asking for a friend.... ;)

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
173 Posts
So, do you have to buy the car from them? Or can one take their’s to them, pay the money and have the conversion done? Asking for a friend.... ;)
I think the expectation is that you ship them your car and then they do the conversion.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the expectation is that you ship them your car and then they do the conversion.
Jason is right. That’s how Shelby American does their upgrades.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,433 Posts
100 copies = not unique.
40 more hp = no real performance gain.
The usual Shelby cookie cutter approach to modding,................but you get a CSM #.
Shelby sells whatever parts they take off your car during the conversion.
I think there is a provision for you to BUY THEM BACK..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At this stage, Shelby American is advertising the package as “more than 800 hp.” I assume this means either A. It is adjustable based on owner’s desires or B. Testing isn’t complete yet.

We have already seen 2020 GT500s over 1000 wheel horsepower, but the power level will be limited by a safe emissions tune if the cats will remain in place.

Upgrades are much more than a pulley and a tune and you can even opt for a wide body conversion.

With a limit of 100 copies per model year, this makes it quite exclusive. The current GT500 is rumored to be a 3 year run. Even if every slot is used, there will only be 300 in existence. The chances of ever seeing another outside of a big Mustang show are slim to none.

438B4023-1844-4A8A-9A09-6371BF463736.jpeg
286A3478-2592-4D05-B4BD-1EB3F2215698.jpeg
BAC3E6A0-A615-49C3-8E98-146DF01E193F.jpeg
416C53A7-E910-401A-ADBA-62FEDCBE6E09.jpeg
13CDCDF0-B679-4112-BAE7-73B6FE297FC8.jpeg

Reactions: CollectedDust

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
With a limit of 100 copies per model year, this makes it quite exclusive. The current GT500 is rumored to be a 3 year run. Even if every slot is used, there will only be 300 in existence. The chances of ever seeing another outside of a big Mustang show are slim to none.
I could see 1, 2, 7, maybe 10 being exclusive, a 100 copies to me is a lot.
A Shelby conversion is not as flexible as you may think, there are things they just won't do.
An example would be asking to powder coat a blower.
.............. ( even though it would come form the OEM that way )
I liked the comment about " ever seeing another "........an issue some of us have..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the responses I completed the interest form, just trying to figure out if this is the right mod path for me. I'm not too far from Vegas, been by the shop several times. More to come I'm sure...

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the responses I completed the interest form, just trying to figure out if this is the right mod path for me. I'm not too far from Vegas, been by the shop several times. More to come I'm sure...
Awesome! 🤟

Keep us updated please.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The shop is awesome. Ive always liked the Super Snakes. Im curious why this one isn't called a Super Snake?

Also I wonder how they are getting away with the 664ftlb Tremec max rating?

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
173 Posts
Let me know what you hear from them. I’m still interested myself, but really don’t like the seats. I’m also wondering what their optional late availability carbon fiber package includes.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The shop is awesome. Ive always liked the Super Snakes. Im curious why this one isn't called a Super Snake?

Also I wonder how they are getting away with the 664ftlb Tremec max rating?
I am assuming this one doesn’t carry the “Super Snake” designator since the name was hijacked and used on Mustang GTs, which has continued. If there were two different “Super Snakes,” it would cause confusion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me know what you hear from them. I’m still interested myself, but really don’t like the seats. I’m also wondering what their optional late availability carbon fiber package includes.
Will do.

I'm curious to see how long it takes to get a response from the interest form I submitted. Basically I just need to know the process get a slot and I'll do it. I LOVE the carbon fiber stuff too, I'm also curious what the "(late availability)" comment means. The seat rewraps look rather retro to me and I like them but I can understand they're not for everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I’m in! Deposit down now I wait. I completed two interest forms no response and I couldn’t take it any longer so I called. I’m getting the basic package plus the first 15 option. Taking deposits now, production in October ish. Nice people, had a great conversation, I’m super excited. I’m not a patient guy so waiting until October then the build time will be tough but I’ll make it.

Here’s a couple “before” pics. Curious of opinions, I think this car needs white stripes (Over the top and side). The wife thinks black would look better. This car has the black painted roof; which is really cool. I’m out to cruze, this car will not see the track while I own it. What color stripes would you guys do? Shelby will do whatever I ask but the sales guy I spoke with thought white would look best given I want a classic Shelby look. I plan to add carbon fiber too but the package is not finalized. Wife says either carbon fiber or stripes not both. She says it’ll look too busy with both. She’s usually right but I want it all!

Thoughts?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I’m in! Deposit down now I wait. I completed two interest forms no response and I couldn’t take it any longer so I called. I’m getting the basic package plus the first 15 option. Taking deposits now, production in October ish. Nice people, had a great conversation, I’m super excited. I’m not a patient guy so waiting until October then the build time will be tough but I’ll make it.

Here’s a couple “before” pics. Curious of opinions, I think this car needs white stripes (Over the top and side). The wife thinks black would look better. This car has the black painted roof; which is really cool. I’m out to cruze, this car will not see the track while I own it. What color stripes would you guys do? Shelby will do whatever I ask but the sales guy I spoke with thought white would look best given I want a classic Shelby look. I plan to add carbon fiber too but the package is not finalized. Wife says either carbon fiber or stripes not both. She says it’ll look too busy with both. She’s usually right but I want it all!

Thoughts?
View attachment 203823 View attachment 203824
Exciting... congrats Mike!

As for the stripes... white stripes will pop or stand out more. Black stripes will blend or go with all of your black features much better (black hood vent, painted roof, front bumper cover, trim, etc.). If it was my car, I’d get the carbon fiber and black stripes. If you have to chose between the cf and stripes, I’d choose the cf.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
If you didn't have the black roof, I would have said white stripes, go with the CF bits..

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Look forward to one of the forum members doing a Shelby American build on a 2020!

IMO. . .
The wide body option takes it over the top.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts