Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum actually sent their GT500 to Shelby to have the 40th Anniversary Package done?

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Has anyone on this forum actually sent their GT500 to Shelby to have the 40th Anniversary Package done?

Tom

Not me.Too pricey for me!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Was told there was one in the plant in Vegas when we visited, didn't see it, but someone came up with the extra bucks.........:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a GT500 ....yet. However, my financial situation will probably stabilize next year (pending divorce and sale of house). I am hoping that this will coincide with GT500 prices coming down. I know that the 40th anniversay edition is offered on the first 1,000 2007 GT500's to apply. I don't think it is a rip-off when you itemize the cost of each item and installation (you would probably save money with some smart shopping and a decent deal with an installer or self installation). I just wonder if anyone is getting this package. Part of me would rather have the 2008 GT500 with the HID's and add-on most of the items provided with the 40th anniversary edition. The other part wants the 2007 and pay the extra cash to have Shelby do it (if 1,000 takers haven't already done it). I guess right now it is a day dream.....but I have a musclecar addiction (former cars include.. 68' Mustang 390 fastback, '96 Cobra vert, '02 BMW M5, '03 Audi RS6 and current Jeep GC SRT8).

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I don't have a GT500 ....yet. However, my financial situation will probably stabilize next year (pending divorce and sale of house). I am hoping that this will coincide with GT500 prices coming down. I know that the 40th anniversay edition is offered on the first 1,000 2007 GT500's to apply. I don't think it is a rip-off when you itemize the cost of each item and installation (you would probably save money with some smart shopping and a decent deal with an installer or self installation). I just wonder if anyone is getting this package. Part of me would rather have the 2008 GT500 with the HID's and add-on most of the items provided with the 40th anniversary edition. The other part wants the 2007 and pay the extra cash to have Shelby do it (if 1,000 takers haven't already done it). I guess right now it is a day dream.....but I have a musclecar addiction (former cars include.. 68' Mustang 390 fastback, '96 Cobra vert, '02 BMW M5, '03 Audi RS6 and current Jeep GC SRT8).

Tom

TomC,
I hope that your dreams come true,good luck!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I personally really like the package, I was supposedly 200 something when I called in a few months ago. I was told I would be contacted to set up payment of 50% to reserve my spot and prod. # then upon completion pay the other half. If this is still the case I will probably do it, makes it easier for me and I reall like the look esp on my vert, I would get black stripes on the side and over the top, a convertible eleanor if you will.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always liked the fastback look of the GT500 over the convertible. However, when I saw the 40th Anniversary Convertible...I was blown away. I just love the look of the stripes, hunkered down suspension, wheel and tire package, and light bar on the GT500 vert. I also like the carbon fiber front splitter, aluminum hood vents, brake ducts and center mounted guages. I am really high on the overall package.

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am getting the 40th Anniversary package.

I was at SAI in december and saw the vert sat in it revved it etc and it looks great and sounds great.

However Shelby have some major announcements to make in a week or 10 days for 40th buyers. These will include options for (according to the insiders) huge horsepower increases, suspension and handling upgrades and perhaps cosmetics.
I don't know what they will be but am awaiting the news like a kid 10 days out from Xmas.

I will not be able to afford a KR or get on to a list as I am from overseas and have no purchase power with any dealer. So my GT500 will be upgraded to a 40th Anniversary in Las Vegas with one or more options that SAI will offer - dependent on price.
I know some ppl will say that you can do it all yourself cheaper but I don't live in the USA an don't have access to the parts or expertise that you have. besides a genuine Shelby conversion or upgrade is worth far more later on.
This is something I have saved for for years ...I just hope the options are received as well by Mustang and Gt500 enthusiasts as the KR has been.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't seen any 40th Anniversary Editions in person, but I've seen some pictures. I'm diggin it... especially the verts!!!! I think if I had the cash, I'd do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this site. I own an 07 GT500 Black/Tungsten.

I live in Vegas and visit the Shelby museum regularly, today in fact. I saw the 40th on display, I admit it looks cool. They are making some changes to some of the individual parts, I believe that is the hold up. I personally am not opting for it because of the price, I am going to add some of the items individually. They informally told me there is something in the works for the motor.

regards
Steve

·
Registered
611 Posts
I was there on 4/9 and they said that there are things they can do that will void your warrenty if that is what you want :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts