Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who that is going has ever installed one of these?

It is brand new w/everything to do it. I would really like someone that has installed a set previously to lend a hand, yes this is a SHAMLESS request!
I'd even buy ya breakfast or lunch for the help.

I know, I know... kind of an odd request...

:|

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
I haven't installed that gauge set, but I did install something similar in mine and can offer whatever assistance you need. We're going to need some skinny guy we can shove up under the dash.

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I haven't installed that gauge set, but I did install something similar in mine and can offer whatever assistance you need. We're going to need some skinny guy we can shove up under the dash.
I aint the skinny guy, that's why I was trying to find a victim... Uh, I mean HELP....

:grin:

Thanks, appreciate any help I/we can get... now who is the skinny guy in this group.

Oh, come on now. There has to be someone willing to help out a crippled up thrice wounded disabled Vet !

(... told ya I was 'shameless' )

:wink:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I aint the skinny guy, that's why I was trying to find a victim... Uh, I mean HELP....

Thanks, appreciate any help I/we can get... now who is the skinny guy in this group.

Oh, come on now. There has to be someone willing to help out a crippled up thrice wounded dissabled Vet !

(... told ya I was 'shamless' )

How about @03reptile?

He's kinda skinny...just OLD....lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about @03reptile?

He's kinda skinny...just OLD....lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You might have something there, you know he is "worrying" off the pounds waiting for word on his steering-wheeless GT350 ! He may just fit !
:smile:

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Didn’t we just read a thread about the Caucasian Bruce Lee breaking boards and doing splits? Seems like Goose is skinnier and more flexible than the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Didn’t we just read a thread about the Caucasian Bruce Lee breaking boards and doing splits? Seems like Goose is skinnier and more flexible than the rest of us.
By george I believe you are correct! Only problem with that is he would be under there for ten hours CLEANING!

;)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,614 Posts
Never installed one, but happy to help in any way I can Ken.

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have that one in my car. Maybe seeing the sample would help???
Absolutely my friend! Do you like it, use it?
It is just too nice of a piece to leave gathering dust on a shelf.:smile:

Never installed one, but happy to help in any way I can Ken.
Well "Grasshopper", this looks like a very good time for a sensei learning experience.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
When I worked under my dash, I had to take out the driver seat, and then I have this inner ear thing that makes me sick after a while. How complete is this gauge packeage? Does it have the adapters for the sensors? Are they mechanical or electrical? Do you have pdf instructions for these? How do the wires route from the guage pod on the dash to underneath the dash. Does the dash require drilling?

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Super glue and duct tape.

It is one o my favorite features. The lights are white. You can change the light color if you want. I ordered bulbs from our friends at Diode Dynamics. If that is a thought, best to do it before installing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,319 Posts
We'll figure it out, Ken. I'm not skinny, but smaller than you! Goose is skinny, but too long. Bob is muscular and thin, so he might be just right. Goldilocks! Greg? forgetaboutit! Regardless, I'll bring the lawn chair to supervise, pick up dropped screws, make helpful comments (LOL), or hand tools to you guys! It would be nice of you to do it over by the car wash area so I could enjoy a Captain and coke, a cigar, and watch the show! A good time to learn some new profanity!

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,046 Posts
I will volunteer my younger brother to get under the dash. He's pretty small and coming with me. (been volunteering him for this kind of stuff his whole life) :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I will volunteer my younger brother to get under the dash. He's pretty small and coming with me. (been volunteering him for this kind of stuff his whole life) :laugh:
His involuntary servitude is greatly accepted.

We should have a complete crew to get this task done in record time! NASCAR Tire changer's will have nothing on this group of dedicated professionals.

Thanks ALL... (well except for the superglue and duct tape, lol. @worstnightmare, you can stand back and watch, like from 75-100ft away!)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts