Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my dealer and he said thatthey couldnt get the Shaker 1000 for my car, and if I didnt switch to the Shaker 500 then my car wouldnt be built til 2008, being #1 on the list at a NON SVT, NON PA winning dealer and paying MSRP I didnt want to take my chances in screwing this up, is there any truth to it, he said mine was scheduled to begin building in OCtober, which means I prob wont get my car til January anyway, please let me know, thanks

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I just got a call from my dealer and he said thatthey couldnt get the Shaker 1000 for my car, and if I didnt switch to the Shaker 500 then my car wouldnt be built til 2008, being #1 on the list at a NON SVT, NON PA winning dealer and paying MSRP I didnt want to take my chances in screwing this up, is there any truth to it, he said mine was scheduled to begin building in OCtober, which means I prob wont get my car til January anyway, please let me know, thanks
Oooh, sore subject. I do not believe there is any truth to it. I'm sure 07 Shelby would be happy to chime in on this. ;) :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the site. Don't fall for the BS about the Shaker 1000. It reminds me of the days in the Scouts when they would send the NEWBIES at summer camp to other troops for a bacon stretcher or and lefthanded smoke shifter. That still makes me laugh today.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I have heard the same thing that the Shaker 1000 is low in stock... well at least I heard that before from someone on this site....07 ????

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I hear you.Cornfay,I have been over this many times but the skinny on the shaker 1000 is we have plenty of them.I got my Shelby 2 weeks ago and I have the shaker 1000.If you want it DON'T change your order,if you do there will be another excuse why you still don't have the car.There is a big demand for this car and everybody wants theirs yesterday.I have said this lots of times but you just have to be patient,I know its hard we have all been there.I am surprised the dealer didn't say we were out of clutches.I had to say that.The biggest wait is for the stripes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
conveniently for me i am not gettin stripes as it is a convertible, but what am I supposed to say when he calls and says he cant get the 1000 now and if I dont change it then it wont be built, I know its BS and so does everyone on this site, but none of you are gonna get me my car, I am between a rock and a hard place and when he says if you want the 1000 you will have to wait til next year knowing their are 5 guys on the list waiting with money in hand for the chance to get theirs, who have orders in already who will take it, I didnt really see another option, but I am very open to suggestions

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
conveniently for me i am not gettin stripes as it is a convertible, but what am I supposed to say when he calls and says he cant get the 1000 now and if I dont change it then it wont be built, I know its BS and so does everyone on this site, but none of you are gonna get me my car, I am between a rock and a hard place and when he says if you want the 1000 you will have to wait til next year knowing their are 5 guys on the list waiting with money in hand for the chance to get theirs, who have orders in already who will take it, I didnt really see another option, but I am very open to suggestions
I don't have any more suggestions but it sounds like you answered your own question.5 guys money in hand,no shaker 1000 order now.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Shaker1000 is worth the wait. Believe me, the sound is unreal. Got mine 3 weeks ago, and i've tested that sound system. Truely rocks, crisp, and clear. It was amazing. Number 55 off the line. They did mess up the strip on the hood though, new set came in the other day, and replacement is in the works. Bounced around not getting her, but am truely glad i did. She's remarkable.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Shaker1000 is worth the wait. Believe me, the sound is unreal. Got mine 3 weeks ago, and i've tested that sound system. Truely rocks, crisp, and clear.
Cool! I wasn't sure getting the shaker 1000 was the right choice. It takes up quite a bit of trunk room. I was mainly interested in the upgraded interior speakers. I might even try to figure out a way to pull out the subs in the trunk.

Oh, and congrats on getting your car!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The August 25 "Short Supply/Controlled Commodities" report has no mention of Shaker 1000.

VEHICLE LINE........RISK*....DESCRIPTION

MUSTANG (2007)...MED......18" Wheel (64E)..................U.S./CDN
..........................MED......18" Cast Wheel (64W)..........U.S./CDN
..........................MED......Total GT............................U.S./CDN
..........................HIGH......Shelby GT500 (99S)............U.S./CDN
..........................HIGH......GT Manual Trans (99H, 44K).U.S./CDN

Sofa King

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The August 25 "Short Supply/Controlled Commodities" report has no mention of Shaker 1000.

VEHICLE LINE........RISK*....DESCRIPTION

..........................HIGH......Shelby GT500 (99S)............U.S./CDN

Sofa King
What's this?!?!?

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
The Sound system rocks, of course it was a 1,200 dollar option and if you took it to a stereo shop and spent 1200.00 on a after market it would rock even more. I wanted everything from factory... could not see the guy from circuit city tearing into my shelby. Do I use all the power NO.. would I have done it again knowing that I listen to the new exhaust sound more than the radio... Not sure tuff call. The shaker 500 still sounds good very crisp and clear maybe get it the shaker 500 and just put a bass tube in the back and you will be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts