1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dearborn 2008 Dates are finally here.

per Sharon a few minutes ago

When: September 11th -14th, 2008

I have been able to double the amount of people from last year of 50 people to 100 people for the tours. (SVT Engine Plant & AAI Plant)

I am still working out some of the details and other tours and events.

But these are the dates and I am hoping to have the tickets up for sale a week or two after the Tulsa event.

I do not have any other details about the show right now other then I am working on the itneray.

Hope to see a lot of you there.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Too bad I have two kids in school. No can do.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The one weekend of the year I can't do.
The First Lady will be in DC that weekend, and I'm not driving across Nebraska, Iowa, etc. by myself. That would be a disaster waiting to happen. First I miss Rob's shindig, and now this.

·
Registered
373 Posts
hmm... I am in me thinks.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
465 Posts
I don't think we can do it. 4 kids in school and for 5 days with travel by plane would be along time. Too far to drive. about 2200 miles..

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
That's what I tried to tell them...... But do they listen? :bangin:

Coldy you can tell them all you want but either it was that date or the following weekend and took months of negotiating.:bandit:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I think I will be going just not sure if I will be driving the Shelby or not.

I'm not happy that it is after the summer vacation time because many who I would like to meet won't be able to go because it's school time for their children.:disgust:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coldy you can tell them all you want but either it was that date or the following weekend and took months of negotiating.:bandit:
I hear what your saying Fred, but I was told they were working on it the day after the event wrapped up last year, so that would make it a years worth of planning & negotiating. I'm sure you know more then me, but for me it was more about seeing folks I had not met yet that were going to come but needed it to fall in a certain time frame (like last year) so it didn't effect school for the kids.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry guys I know that some are disappointed about the time but is was either this or nothing, I figured more would be disappointed about nothing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My wife and I will definitely attend. I just put it on the calendar. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys I know that some are disappointed about the time but is was either this or nothing, I figured more would be disappointed about nothing.
This or Nothing?

The tours themselves don't make a KR or Shelby reunion/meet. Yes it's great to be able to do this stuff but that shouldn't be a deal breaker for a "this or nothing date comment". What's going to happen when the day comes when FORD doesn't make a base model shelby for SAI to use? Does that mean TS will no longer have a place in Michigan to have a meet? There are plently of places in the state of Michigan, Indiana & Ohio that have road racing tracks or 1/4 mile drag strips that can be rented and still Accomplish the samething called a get together/meet/reunion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Coldy three out of the four things that I am planning where wrapped around Ford. So yes If I could not get those than it was all or nothing this late in the game. To start planning a whole new event would have taken to long and would not have happened this year.

However Ford has come through for us and offered their help we got the tours.

So again I am sorry that the dates are a little late in the year but these tours are worth it and there will be few ( when they do stop making them at AAI if that happens) that can say that they where at these tours.

Other things are great but people come from all over to do these tours that normally no one can get.

We will have to see what next year bring right now I am just happy to have this years a go.

I am planning the rest as we speak and I will have more info after Tulsa event.

Sharon

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Coldy three out of the four things that I am planning where wrapped around Ford. So yes If I could not get those than it was all or nothing this late in the game. To start planning a whole new event would have taken to long and would not have happened this year.

However Ford has come through for us and offered their help we got the tours.

So again I am sorry that the dates are a little late in the year but these tours are worth it and there will be few ( when they do stop making them at AAI if that happens) that can say that they where at these tours.

Other things are great but people come from all over to do these tours that normally no one can get.

We will have to see what next year bring right now I am just happy to have this years a go.

I am planning the rest as we speak and I will have more info after Tulsa event.

Sharon
When is the Tulsa event and will you be able to arrange group hotel accomadations in the same place like the Dearborn Inn at that time or will it be too late by then ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I already have a hotel, I could not get the Dearborn Inn but I am working on a hotel and will have that finalized soon, I am also working on a meet and greet at the Hotel for that Wednesday and I am working on the parking safety.

So you guys will not have to worry I will give all the info.

Sharon

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I already have a hotel, I could not get the Dearborn Inn but I am working on a hotel and will have that finalized soon, I am also working on a meet and greet at the Hotel for that Wednesday and I am working on the parking safety.

So you guys will not have to worry I will give all the info.

Sharon
Thank you Sharon and please keep us up to date as soon as you get things finalized.

George.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts