Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The latest...

"40th Anniversary Shelby GT500 – One of only 1,000 conversions produced, this 40 th Anniversary Package GT500 celebrates all of the best in 40 years of Shelby performance. Exterior styling points include unique 40 th Anniversary badging and sequential number plates, while the interior sports unique Shelby touches such as the Shelby door handles with snakes."

Also, check this out...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?DID=RSS&n=184&sid=184&article=11033

Will this eliminate the ADM's on the "Ford" GT500's as the "Shelby" GT500's roll off the line at Shelby Auto?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Get on the phone and reserve your spot...It is not a ground-up vehicle. According to the carconnection article, owners of GT500's will deliver their cars to Shelby Automobiles, Inc. in Las Vegas for installation of the 40th Anniv. package.

.."The 40th Anniversary Limited Edition packages will be installed at SAI's new modification center. Customers will deliver their GT500's to SAI' World Headquarters where each vehicle will be customized with the anniversary package."..

Good to see that SVT definitely left some headroom on these cars for performance upgrades!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Get on the phone and reserve your spot...It is not a ground-up vehicle. According to the carconnection article, owners of GT500's will deliver their cars to Shelby Automotive, Inc. in Las Vegas for installation of the 40th Anniv. package.

.."The 40th Anniversary Limited Edition packages will be installed at SAI's new modification center. Customers will deliver their GT500's to SAI' World Headquarters where each vehicle will be customized with the anniversary package."..

Good to see that SVT definitely left some headroom on these cars for performance upgrades!
Yeah. If you wanna pony up some big bucks AND you're one of the lucky 1,000.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It sounds like this type of thing will go on for a long time to come. In the future, if you have the money, they will have the product. I need to go now and find some more money!

·
Registered
213 Posts
man this sucks, I looked on the website and it doesn't say anything about this, I have a call in too but haven't heard anything back.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
man this sucks, I looked on the website and it doesn't say anything about this, I have a call in too but haven't heard anything back.
Yeah. It's early in Las Vegas and the news is just starting to break.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I called also but no one is there to answer the question as to how much this will cost to upgrade your GT500 to the 40th anniversary edition. It probably will be as much as the higher ADM's.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wonder if the guy who bought the first GT500 will get his upgraded for free? Could you imagine how he feels now. $600G's for a plain old GT500.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wonder if the guy who bought the first GT500 will get his upgraded for free? Could you imagine how he feels now. $600G's for a plain old GT500.
hahahaa, man and I thought I was pissed off. I guess it could be worse.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here is the link off their website...

http://shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=9

While some things I'm guessing may be purchased "mail order", there are many items that will only be available by either purchasing a "40th Anniversary Shelby" through them or an approved dealer, OR if you want to drive or ship your GT500 to Las Vegas.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

His name is Ron Pratt and he just might get his upgraded for free.He is a good friend of Carroll Shelby.All $650,000 for the 1st Shelby went to Shelbys Children Foundation.He liked it so much he bought 3.Carroll even bought his wife one.
I am not really sure why some of you are so upset.This Mustang is a hot ticket.Everyone is getting in on the action.Ford is comming out with every variation:Mustang Sally,Bullitt,Boss302,MachI.How about the builders Shelby,Roush,Steeda and Foose to name a few.Ford is even comming out in 2007 with a whole line of BOSS engines again that start at under $4800.

One thing is for sure I still feel very fortunate that I was able to get one

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am pretty excited about the news, I am glad I haven't purchased anything yet for the car I am certainly hoping to be able to get one of the kits.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I tend to agree with 07 on this one. I don't see what all the hubub is about. This is just a 40th edition package of bolt-ons. I don't think this will take away from the GT500's we all are getting. Shelby Autos want to get their share of consumer $$'s from the GT500, so they put together their upgrade package just like Saleen and Roush have done for years.

Is the package cool? Yes! Does it mean we are no longer going to own real Shelbys? No!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Couldn't say it any better 07. This is just the beginning and I am glad I have what I have a Shelby/SVT GT500 in my garage. If I want'd an investment I would have purchased a Ford GT, but at $158,000 (the best price I was able to get a Ford GT with all options, stripes, McIntosh and painted calipers) I would rather drive it and enjoy it. My car has already seen all five boroughs of New York City, something a Ford Gt probably never would have seen. If you purchased this car to make money you better be of the age of 18 or younger as you will probably not be around to realize the return on your investment. My feeling is drive it, mod it if you like, just enjoy it for that's what this car is all about! Happy motoring!:) :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just called and left my name with them.
They will be getting back to me "soon"..whatever that means.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I read what they are getting...nothing I would want. The badging does nothing for me, interior mods.. nothing... they did nothing for performance just handling and I can do that myself allot cheaper. Now if this car had 550Hp from the factory than that would open my eyes but hanging stuff off of it does nothing for me... especially carbon fiber.. I am not a big fan of that look. I see carbon fiber on imports all the time.. Thank you but will stick to what I got, and the things I don't like about it I have and still am changing :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For those that were thinking about picking individual items from the "40th anniversary package" here is the reply I received from Shelby Automobiles...

"I don’t know all the details on the package yet. I believe it will only be available as a package but I’ll hopefully know more later as they set pricing and availability. Check back with me in a few weeks."

Thank you.

Ted Kubiaczyk
Shelby Automobiles, Inc.
(702) 942-REAL, ext 114
Fax 93 COBRA

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe all the packages will be purchased by dealers who will then turn around and want $100 grand for the Gt500's, maybe even more. Then they will sit on them for years since no one seems to really care for the upgrades which seem to really take away from the original intentof the car, and the great look of the car as is.I know I won't make any of the cosmetic changes, but I may consider some suspension changes if I feel they are necessary.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts