Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kona Blue/White 2004 Mach 1 Red/Black
12 Posts
Curious what year your car is and what numbers you were putting down with this and supporting mods?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,686 Posts
Curious what year your car is and what numbers you were putting down with this and supporting mods?
Yes! To you and everyone else, we have a relatively new feature on the forum. Go to your account settings and enter your car info. It then shows under your screen name. Your signature is a great place for your first name and mods as well as a pic.

·
Registered
2012 Kona Blue/White 2004 Mach 1 Red/Black
12 Posts
Thanks @Goose17, updated everything, hopefully it all was done correctly!

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
291 Posts
For the clueless who've never really looked into it before:

Say I wanted to do some sort of upgrade like this from my stock supercharger on my 2008. What additional supporting peripherals are necessitated with an upgrade like this (buying a VMP with a pulley on it) and what kind of price tag is likely associated with those parts (not taking into consideration any installation of said upgrades)? Fuel pump? New injectors? Obviously a tune, but no idea what else might be involved and would love to get a better idea, if not for this sale, maybe for future upgrades when the money is there.

$2100 sounds pretty tempting, but I've absolutely NO idea what else would be involved as far as additional money's needed would be concerned to be able to get it in and then properly supported.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,686 Posts

Say I wanted to do some sort of upgrade like this from my stock supercharger on my 2008. What additional supporting peripherals are necessitated with an upgrade like this (buying a VMP with a pulley on it) and what kind of price tag is likely associated with those parts (not taking into consideration any installation of said upgrades)? Fuel pump? New injectors? Obviously a tune, but no idea what else might be involved and would love to get a better idea, if not for this sale, maybe for future upgrades when the money is there.

$2100 sounds pretty tempting, but I've absolutely NO idea what else would be involved as far as additional money's needed would be concerned to be able to get it in and then properly supported.

Bryan, not sure how much advice you’ll get here in Matthew’s sales ad. Most wont click on this unless they are buying. I recommend 2 things...

1. Create a thread in our Performance Mods section with your questions.
2. Call VMP (since it is their blower) and inquire about supporting parts and prices.

You’ll need an intake, throttle body, belt, fuel delivery upgrade and a tune.

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
291 Posts
Bryan, not sure how much advice you’ll get here in Matthew’s sales ad. Most wont click on this unless they are buying. I recommend 2 things...

1. Create a thread in our Performance Mods section with your questions.
2. Call VMP (since it is their blower) and inquire about supporting parts and prices.

You’ll need an intake, throttle body, belt, fuel delivery upgrade and a tune.
thx

·
Registered
525 Posts

Matt must forgot being sold, It was sold to me, if you wonder what need to be update, check this thread:

Finally jump got a bigger blower :), need advice

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
291 Posts
Matt must forgot being sold, It was sold to me, if you wonder what need to be update, check this thread:

Finally jump got a bigger blower :), need advice
I doubt he forgot. I just was reading it and thinking out loud about what it might take to upgrade since I know next to nothing about what all it takes, so I added the statement/question to his thread. I apologize if I created any confusion by posting.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I doubt he forgot. I just was reading it and thinking out loud about what it might take to upgrade since I know next to nothing about what all it takes, so I added the statement/question to his thread. I apologize if I created any confusion by posting.
No worries at all 😀I wait 2 years before going VMP, I was just not ready for it until now lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts