Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
selling my 08 gt 500 vert white with red stripes fully loaded with 1000 shaker,hid,red and blk int ,with ford cai with tuner.1200 miles like new just purchased in may of 09.let me know
thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just bought an 08' vert -- 700 miles $42K. I think that's about $2K too high for this market for a low milage 08' vert. In my case the previous owner was a nut case relative to taking care of the car. He gave new meaning to the word "Anal". That was worth the extra bucks to me and it was only a few miles from my house so no shipping to worry about. Also, he added Borla exhaust system (awsome).
Another way to gauge the price is look on Autotrader and Ebay and see how your car stacks up. There's a Vista Blue vert on Autotrader, 07' with about 1K miles on it and the guy has lowered the price twice -- he's down to about $38K.
Good luck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill take 20k down and the rest u can finance .if it doesnt sell no biggie im getting another car soon,i just unloaded my 08 viper vert and my diablo a few months ago.ill take mid 40s otherwise it will stay in the garage and keeping the miles low.warranty starts from may of 09.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Just bought an 08' vert -- 700 miles $42K. I think that's about $2K too high for this market for a low milage 08' vert. In my case the previous owner was a nut case relative to taking care of the car. He gave new meaning to the word "Anal". That was worth the extra bucks to me and it was only a few miles from my house so no shipping to worry about. Also, he added Borla exhaust system (awsome).
Another way to gauge the price is look on Autotrader and Ebay and see how your car stacks up. There's a Vista Blue vert on Autotrader, 07' with about 1K miles on it and the guy has lowered the price twice -- he's down to about $38K.
Good luck.
Ditto kinda....I got my 08 in May with 580 miles on it for $41,000. All the listed stuff in my signature was already on it, with factory original parts included. I felt it was worth it and would've gone to $42,000 at the time if I had to cause the car was spotless. I still think it was worth it. A new Camaro would've cost me $38k, would not have been a convertible, and I would've had to put at least $5k into it minimum for exhaust upgrades and more to make it run with a GT500. And knowing now that I can upgrade to over 600 hp if need be to beat a modded Camaro for around $1k....its a no brainer to have gone with the used GT500 convertible.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow u can trade that gt500 in and get maybe 39 k for the car,you got one hell of a deal,tell us about the car,did it have something wrong with it or was it perfect,im jealous u paid that ,congrats

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I bought it at imperial ford , traded my 05 Roush sport vert. I love the Shelby has everything except for the nav. The shaker 1000 & hid lamps are awesome. At 38k I couldn't pass up the opportunity. It's red with white stripes vert will post some pics soon. Great website here looking forward to being here for a long time

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's not the first brand new leftover 08 or even 09 on a lot that I've heard sell for less than $40k. They're really trying to move them. It is the first convertible though so I agree it was a good deal. It really depends on finding the right buyer for your car is all and how soon you need/want to sell it. If you can sit on it then you might get 40k for the car, otherwise I think you'll have to sell for less. I'd personally start at 39.9k and then work with a buyer from that point. The mileage doesn't mean all that much. You'd likely get the same price with 4200 miles as you would 1200 miles. I've seen GT500's sell for as low as 32k with 5-10k miles on them since last December. It's all about finding the right buyer. Good luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I actually got $21K for my 05 Roush Sport, which was good since every other dealer wanted to give me GT price around 16-17K. They sold it for $23K the next day and I owed $18.5K to the bank. I made out with $2.5K and got the Shelby for $38K. Love the car. I was wondering if I add the GPS Nav from Ford will I lose the Shaker 1000 power from the subwoofer?

·
Registered
60 Posts
One mans opinion on the GPS -- wonderful tool -- however, I think you're bette r off without anything fixed in your GT500. The technology is always improving so the GPS unit you install can be out of date in little time. I'd buy a portable unit (Garmin) -- you can use it in other vehicles and even take it out and find your way in unfamiliar cites or other countries.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts