Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31120

after reading pages and pages of posts, this is my .02.

we have a shelby, no question asked. but our gt500 are not protected like the kr and the ss. i know two different companies (ford and sai) have different rules. ford sells every part and sai do not, to keep "their" built cars from cloning and protect the value.

i think going in from the get go, ford and sai had to come up with an agreement or some kind of understanding when it comes to this subject. i think our gt500 is the money maker in the long run. by being under ford, ford can sell as many gt500 as there are demands, can sell all of the gt500 parts to anyone, ford partners inturn can also sell any part in regards to gt500 because it came out of ford, not sai. this is how they make their money. they have to make money out of this shelby gt500 07-09 line somehow and we are it. sure sai protects their own built kr and ss. to protect their brand.

in conclusion, the reg 07-09 gt500 is just a product they are using to market and make money on. because the gt500 is so popular, u know everyone wants to be clone their gt to look like us.

the question here is that if u call our cars a "shelby" y is shelby not protecting our gt500 like the kr or ss?? that the beauty of marketing, its under ford and they can just use that excuse. but to me, sai careless about gt500, its a lost leader for them. they can use the popularity of the gt500 and make more money on kr and ss and more.

to me it all came down as BUSINESS! people gotta make money somehow and our gt500 sure has been good to use on it.

i personally don't have a problem with the current standings. i knew the gt500's are not that limited as the kr and ss. i knew going in 11,000 or so have already have the gt500 (07) and probably the same amount of cars for 08 and on. i bought my to drive an 500hp mustang and i love it.

sure when it comes to the amount of money u have paid for u might want to try and protect its value, but don't forget, ford is not doing too good financially and they are in the business to make money. period. i can understand the double standard versus the kr and ss but that is just business and nothing more. its nobody's fault, its just how they drew up the plans.

i do have to at least give sai some props, at least they are trying their best to curtail the cloning on the kr and ss. some other mfg. will sell u anything as long as u have the money. correct me if i am wrong, porsche will sell u any part from their "rare" vehicle if u have the money. i know sai is not as big as porsche but what i am trying to say is, company are there to make money, period. i can walk into a porsche dealership and order any carrera gt parts and they wouldn't dare to ask whats my vin#. as i show them the greens, they will order anything for me.

·
Registered
658 Posts
All I know is the Shelby registry accepted my VIN number.
If you try and put in a VIN from a non-Shelby vehicle, the registry won't accept it. :pimp: :pimp:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I don't know what this registry is all about, but I could care less if my GT500 is protected by some company or not. I'm just glad I was able to buy one even though they are very over-priced. IMO.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just because someone puts a GT500 front end, badges and whatever else they might to try an clone a GT500 that car will never be a true Shelby. Today you can buy a brand new 67 Mustang body from Dynacorn and go out and clone a 67 Shelby but that car will never be one. Who cares if someone can go out and buy the parts, the VIN will always tell the truth, eventually some one will find a way to buy KR and SS parts but back to the same the VIN never lies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts