Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were to purchase a second GT500, what color combo would you get ? Stripes ? No stripes ? Red interior ? I have a Black/Coupe/No Stripes/Red-Black Int. right now and my dad is getting one. What should he get ? Maybe look at production numbers for the rarest color made and get that (anyone know these) ? I know something like 5% of owners get stripe delete for top and 5% for sides. Anyone ?

Thanks

·
Registered
888 Posts
Vista Blue Coupe with the white stripes.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you were to purchase a second GT500, what color combo would you get ? Stripes ? No stripes ? Red interior ? I have a Black/Coupe/No Stripes/Red-Black Int. right now and my dad is getting one. What should he get ? Maybe look at production numbers for the rarest color made and get that (anyone know these) ? I know something like 5% of owners get stripe delete for top and 5% for sides. Anyone ?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Ford says in their Marketing Strategy
Convert 30% Stripe Delete (sides C /V) 10% Over top delete Coup 5%
Sirius 15% Shaker 1000 15% Nav system 15 % This is all the low #s
Grabber Orange is probably low color on the pole. Do you want rare or what
most people are choosing ? What do YOU like ? Myself in order White , Red,
Blue. Hope that helps

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for the least choice color out of all of them

i am not getting any stripes, or shaker upgrade, or sirius, or nav

i am getting a coupe, just wondering if anyone knows the least produced color ? thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Roll on down on this page and @ the bottom you will find similar thread to this one. over several pages you will see a post from 07 Shelby. He is our insider and in the post he gives a sembalance of color break down.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Roll on down on this page and @ the bottom you will find similar thread to this one. over several pages you will see a post from 07 Shelby. He is our insider and in the post he gives a sembalance of color break down.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am looking for the least choice color out of all of them

i am not getting any stripes, or shaker upgrade, or sirius, or nav

i am getting a coupe, just wondering if anyone knows the least produced color ? thanks
According to info I have found, grabber orange makes up less than 6% of the GT500 color run. Stripe delete would make it even less. Ron Pratte laid down $648k for the 1st GT500 sold to the public @ Barrett Jackson last year. He had the car built grabber orange w/tungsten stripes w/all options. I love orange so it was a no brainer for me when I ordered my Shelby in the same color combo. I figured if it was good enough for Pratt's $648 Shelby it was good enough for me. Being in the business, I am always thinking of what cars will be worth after I buy them. By the way, Pratte is @ it again @ Barrett Jackson this week, laying down large $$$ for fine rides.....shoyoright

·
Registered
69 Posts
If not for Vista w/white, I would have gone Red with White.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If not Vista Blue/Tungsten, I think I would have gone with Grabber Orange

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
This is pretty easy for me.

I have a white w/ blue coupe.

I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to order another last Thursday for msrp.

Ordered a black w/ white stripes vert. The Ford rep. said it will probably be one of the last ones built for 2007.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This is pretty easy for me.

The Ford rep. said it will probably be one of the last ones built for 2007.
I don't know about that. I think I've got a lock on the last one built. :p

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
You may be right, but I hope not.

I hope you get your car 1st. It just wouldn't be right for a car ordered January 18th to come before yours. :eek:

·
Registered
275 Posts

Thanks
I have Ebony With white stripes. My second will be white with blue stripes. It seems the price is beginning to creep up since the Barret Jackson auction.The dealers in california are getting in excess of $20000.00 OVER MSRP! What greed! I can see why ford is losing money big time. There dealerships are showing their true colors.:(

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Grabber orange would be nice with the white stripes or no stripes would be very low production. The red / white or blue / white I would think is the top color choices. And you know the Red is faster Right ? :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
i agree with the white and blue combo, i have the ebony tungsten combo now. i would like the grabber orange but i would have to see it in person to see if i liked the orange, i'm afraid of the red it might be to fast for me !!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have tungsten vert with no stripes, if I could afford a 2nd one it would be the same color, coupe with all the stripes. 3rd and 4th would be white and red coupe swith all the stripes.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Grabber orange would be nice with the white stripes or no stripes would be very low production. The red / white or blue / white I would think is the top color choices. And you know the Red is faster Right ? :D
NOW NOW NOW, everybody knows White/Blue is the fastest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts