Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been covered before, but the seatbelts in these things are pretty annoying. I realize it supposed to save your life, but it sucks the life out of you as it gets tighter when you go faster. Can that be eliminated, also when not wearing a belt, how do you disconnect the chime or is there a code to shut it off. :bandit:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Agreed, real PITA.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my 06 SRT Charger I was able to run a code through my ignition by turning the key a few times and connecting my belt a few times I was able to turn it off that way . Anyone know of anything similar?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
In my 06 SRT Charger I was able to run a code through my ignition by turning the key a few times and connecting my belt a few times I was able to turn it off that way . Anyone know of anything similar?
It's in the manual. I'm out of town right now, or I'd look up the page number for you.

I disabled mine on day 2.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you can find the "chime" buzzer under your dash you can shut it off or disconnect/unplug it ? At least thats how it was with the older cars that had the "buzzers" under the dash when you left your lights on....

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I thought it was just mine that throws the death grip at ya
Yeah, it's pretty fun flying down the track at 117 mph and not being able to breath because the freekin' seat belt is cinched down too tight.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty fun flying down the track at 117 mph and not being able to breath because the freekin' seat belt is cinched down too tight.
Those are called nerves, not seat belts.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Those are called nerves, not seat belts.
Well, there sure were a lot of nerves being my first time ever on a 1/4 mile track, but there was some tight seat belt in there too. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
938 Posts
I thought it was just mine that throws the death grip at ya
When I read your post I laughed out loud because mine put the death grip on me as well.

A side note I took a guy from work on a pretty intense ride and he was yelling I can't move the seat belt has me trapped, I just told him to hold on.:roller:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I can laugh now to Kerry, but the first time it happened to me, all I could think about was the movie Christine

·
Registered
938 Posts
I can't keep from laughing my son just said "What" he wonders what I'm laughing about. It is annoying when it won't let you move.:ninja:

·
Registered
21 Posts
not sure if this works seeing as though im waiting for my Shelby still but it worked on my '03 GT. (found this on a different forum)

Read steps 1 - 9 thoroughly before proceeding with the deactivation/activation programming procedure.

Before following the procedure, ensure that the
following conditions are met:

* The parking brake is set.
* The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
* The ignition switch is in the OFF position.
* All vehicle doors are closed.
* The driver’s safety belt is unbuckled.
* The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure).

The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated
by performing the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1–2 minutes.)

* Steps 3–5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.

3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.

* After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.

6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

* This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.

7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by the safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by:

* The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
* Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off.
* Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three seconds.

9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not sure if this works seeing as though im waiting for my Shelby still but it worked on my '03 GT. (found this on a different forum)

Read steps 1 - 9 thoroughly before proceeding with the deactivation/activation programming procedure.

Before following the procedure, ensure that the
following conditions are met:

* The parking brake is set.
* The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
* The ignition switch is in the OFF position.
* All vehicle doors are closed.
* The driver’s safety belt is unbuckled.
* The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure).

The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated
by performing the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1–2 minutes.)

* Steps 3–5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.

3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.

* After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.

6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

* This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.

7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by the safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by:

* The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
* Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off.
* Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three seconds.

9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.
This sounds like it might work, since it is similar to what I did with my Charger, thanks I will keep you posted...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This sounds like it might work, since it is similar to what I did with my Charger, thanks I will keep you posted...
Close, but it won't work.

Now that I'm back in town, you made me look it up.

In the 2007 manual (not sure if it's the same for 2008), BeltMinder deactivation is shown on pages 104-105.

Worst case scenario, look up "BeltMinder" in the index.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts