Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Well he has sold now 13... just ordered mine from him. Will have it Friday depending on the weather depends if I get to test out how the shelby runs with it :) I will post results under a thread I started in the performance section. And yes I will be getting the JLT intake..girlfriend is getting it for me for Christmas. Have talked live to Justin and Jay... never meet either one of them but liked what I heard and feel good about them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bought one from Justin and the program was......... actually hard to describe. It did wonders for the car in every way. I was making 460hp @ wheels prior to tune with no re-dyno but expect it was making 500+

As soon as my next car is delivered I will be ordering another!
I also ordered one for my 7.3L Power Stroke and it too is great!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well he has sold now 13... just ordered mine from him. Will have it Friday depending on the weather depends if I get to test out how the shelby runs with it :) I will post results under a thread I started in the performance section. And yes I will be getting the JLT intake..girlfriend is getting it for me for Christmas. Have talked live to Justin and Jay... never meet either one of them but liked what I heard and feel good about them.
Congrats on the order! Justin is 'da man and I think you'll be happy with your tune.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Well I will not hold back my opinion will be posted up you can beleive that :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I ordered mine last week . Hope it comes tomorrow so I can try it before I go for a long drive for Thanksgiving. I'd like to see if it does help the gas mileage on top of the increase in power.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Post up your results mine will be here Friday or next week because of Thanksgiving could get screwed up with shipping. Not worried about gas mileage just want it to have more go :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I will let you know how much difference there is. I am really looking forward to a better throttle response. There just seems to be a lag in the response and I have noticed the supercharger doesn't kick in as fast as I expected. I have noticed a few times if I really stomp on it the thing won't kick in at all.
I hope to take it to a strip after the tune to try and get some times.It's been 40 years since I ran at a strip, hope it comes back as easy as driving this beast.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Received word tonight that Justin's tune along with the JLT CAI alone netted 511 rwhp (600 crank) on an otherwise totally stock GT500.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I will let you know how much difference there is. I am really looking forward to a better throttle response. There just seems to be a lag in the response and I have noticed the supercharger doesn't kick in as fast as I expected. I have noticed a few times if I really stomp on it the thing won't kick in at all.
I hope to take it to a strip after the tune to try and get some times.It's been 40 years since I ran at a strip, hope it comes back as easy as driving this beast.
with this tune you will be GLAD for traction control! On your first drive with the TC turned off be vewy vewy careful in 1st or second gear!

You will notice the engine really likes to rev with this program... 6500 will be there before you have a chance to think.....shift

you should also see 185+mph in 5th gear too:D :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance here, but how do these tunes work? Does Justin send some sort of hand held computer that you plug into your car? Does he just send some software and you have to take your car to a shop to have it uploaded? :confused:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance here, but how do these tunes work? Does Justin send some sort of hand held computer that you plug into your car? Does he just send some software and you have to take your car to a shop to have it uploaded? :confused:
I am not sure how Justin's tune works but I can tell you my son has a Subaru WRX STI and he received a hand held programming device which plugs into the computer on the car. He then installs different programs with the device. He is also able to download changes or different tunes to the hand held device through his laptop which he receives from the a shop such as Justin's. Hope that helps as I have not done this first handed.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I am not sure how Justin's tune works but I can tell you my son has a Subaru WRX STI and he received a hand held programming device which plugs into the computer on the car. He then installs different programs with the device. He is also able to download changes or different tunes to the hand held device through his laptop which he receives from the a shop such as Justin's. Hope that helps as I have not done this first handed.
Thanks shlbysvt. That helps.

How do you change back to the stock tune if you have take the car into the shop for warranty work?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

How do you change back to the stock tune if you have take the car into the shop for warranty work?
The hand held tuner stores several tunes and you are able to revert back to the stock tune through the hand held device.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Before you download the new tune, you upload the factory tune into the hand held and it is stored there. If you need to put it back, you download it to the car and it is back to what it was from the factory.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thanks, guys! This is great info.

I just can't believe where technology has taken us. Do you even need a wrench to work on a car anymore? :p I'm afraid to open the hood on a new car these days. I miss the days of crawling into the engine bay of my dad's '64 Galaxie to change the points.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

I just can't believe where technology has taken us. Do you even need a wrench to work on a car anymore? :p I'm afraid to open the hood on a new car these days. I miss the days of crawling into the engine bay of my dad's '64 Galaxie to change the points.

Yes you need wrenches.I have wrenched on my new Shelby several times,last night for about 4 hours.
With this car you need to change parameters with a handheld for everything except axle/cat backs.Be careful who you get your tune from.Everyone has the best tune.Just ask them!Best to wait and see what others have to say or stick with a major player,Roush,Steeda to name a few.Some tunes are very good but all are new without any history for this Shelby

·
Registered
154 Posts

Ahhh yes, the days of "points and condensers" and don't forget those carbs!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts