Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed the Evolution Stage II. The final step is to reprogram the computer with the SCT Tuner. I was reading the directions and it said to disconect the fuses for the electric fan and the fuel pump. So I grabed the owners manual and it showed 7 different fuses for the fan or fuel pump. Does that sound right? I disconnected all seven but thought it didn't sound right. Has anyone used this tuner?

This is all I need to know to get this back on the road. BTW it took me about 6 hours to install everything by myself (no helping hand)!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I got it figured out.the car is flying now!:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
thanks, I got it figured out.the car is flying now!:eek:
Congrats croz! Did you run into any problems other than the fuse issue?

Mine will be in before the end of next week.:)

Are you going to get it dyno'd?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congrats croz! Did you run into any problems other than the fuse issue?

Mine will be in before the end of next week.:)

Are you going to get it dyno'd?
Ok first off I was looking at the stock pulley kinda funny because of the little plastic piece in the center (i didn't know it was plastic)..........not sure what it was or how the pulley puller was going to stay centered on it! I started to use the puller on it and it started smashing (i knew that wasn't right) then I tried to pry it out and it wouln't come out that way either so I tried to unsrew it..........well let me tell you this ......it just unscrews real easy!

the next problem was takeing the slack off the belt. the idler slack adjuster pulley uses a 3/8 drive. I only had a 9" 3/8 breaker bar and taht is not long enough to get leverage on it to release the belt. So I went to the store and bought a 24" 1/2" (didn't think my 18" would be enough) drive breaker bar with a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer and it worked perfect.

Some more advise.......before you start remove the strut tower brace and leave it off until you are all done. I put a small crack in the CarbonFiber CAI trying to force it in to position. It would have been prevented if I removed the brace instead of just loosing it.

One last thing it took forever for the car to except the program....I kept trying and kept calling EVO. But even though the car was brand new only 330miles on it they told me the battery must be dead. So I hooked it up to the battery charger and turned it on 55amps(jump start mode) and it still wouldn't work. Well because I kept pluging it in and unpluging it this last time I didn't have it all the way in. Finally it took the program after about 5 more tries. NOW THIS THING IS A BEAST. Time to order suspension.....I now have wheel hope problems, like everyone else.

Harley, sorry my write up isn't that good but you can pm me and I will give you my cell phone number and you can call me for more details or it you have any problems while doing this. I am pretty mechanicly incline and do all my work myself. or give me you number and I can call you.

JJ

oops......forgot to add this.......I am going to call and see how soon I can get into the dyno......I know someone who has one (tobad it is free, 75 bucks for 3 pulls)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more thing i noticed and haven't called about it yet........but the boost gauge on the dash doesn't work now:rolleyes:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more thing i noticed and haven't called about it yet........but the boost gauge on the dash doesn't work now:rolleyes:
Well guess what? It works now!............so weird. I didn't do anything different, but it works and shows 12psi and the car still ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Harley, sorry my write up isn't that good but you can pm me and I will give you my cell phone number and you can call me for more details or it you have any problems while doing this. I am pretty mechanicly incline and do all my work myself. or give me you number and I can call you.

JJ

Glad to hear you have it installed and working right.

I'm at my cabin in Wisconsin now for 3 to 4 days. Cutting grass and getting stuff ready for the coming hunting season.

I'll probably do the install Thurs. or Fri. Can't wait:p :D

I'll pm you with my cell #. Thanks for the offer to help.

I can't wait to install it. Sounds like it is a world of difference.:eek: :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like it is a world of difference.:eek: :D
Yeah, it is a world of difference! Well, that is kinda an understatement!!!!! :D :D :D :D

THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!! I WANT MORE POWER!!!!!! That sounds a little funny!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts