Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a tuning device and tune. I like the idea of the N-Gauge/ looks easy to use mounts in vent to be used as gauges works with Mac computer ect. But noticed most of the tuners using SCT except for Lund. Is the SCT better?
Has anyone used both? As far as a tune goes VMP? Lund? I have done some research looking for some other opinions on this.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
As far as a tune goes VMP? Lund?
These are both well known tuners for these cars. You can’t go wrong with either.

If you plan on further mods, I know VMP will update your tune for free if you buy the hardware through them. I haven’t heard what Lund does for updates.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I bought an n-gauge then I bought a SCT. I kept the n-gauge for monitoring. You are correct that tuners have a preference and they also have to buy licenses to use either or device so find out what your tuner wants to use. VMP sold me an n-gauge and loaded my tune for me using it however the tune was written on SCT and then converted to load with n-gauge. The result was that the tune had glitches that I had to take the car back for because of the conversion. Long story short you are better off picking a tuner rather than a device. I recommend BJ. He will probably recommend SCT although I think he might do both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought an n-gauge then I bought a SCT. I kept the n-gauge for monitoring. You are correct that tuners have a preference and they also have to buy licenses to use either or device so find out what your tuner wants to use. VMP sold me an n-gauge and loaded my tune for me using it however the tune was written on SCT and then converted to load with n-gauge. The result was that the tune had glitches that I had to take the car back for because of the conversion. Long story short you are better off picking a tuner rather than a device. I recommend BJ. He will probably recommend SCT although I think he might do both.
Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
I will tune with either platform.

Sct is more cost efficient for all involved.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I have used both.

The Ngauge is EASY to use, NO need to have a laptop in the car to Datalog (PITA) and works as a set of gauges, I really liked it in my 11, I purchased from Raven Racing, Van was very helpful.

That being said,
I picked up a new SCT4 for cheap so I am going to use that for this build, or I would have went with the Ngauge.

Yes,
the Lund Ngauge only uses Lund Racing tunes,if that is your tuner then it's a no issue thing.

Colin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts