Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deep in Germany, there is a race track through the hills called the Nürburgring. You may have heard of it. Or, you may live deep in a cave. Either way, we’re pretty sure you don’t know we have our own ‘ring in Indiana. And, since it’s Indiana, it’s also larger than life – dwarfing the Nürburgring by 10 times. So large, in fact, that it has its own name: The Schweinefiletring™ (translation: Pork Tenderloin Ring)

If you like driving on twisty back roads and like eating Tenderloins then this event is for you!

https://schweinefiletring.com/the-drive

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
862 Posts
I plan to show this to my wife after dinner. She said it sounded like fun when I told her a few details. And, it’s only about a couple of hours away from us. @TedShred are you participating? Probably will depend on if she will be in town that weekend.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan to show this to my wife after dinner. She said it sounded like fun when I told her a few details. And, it’s only about a couple of hours away from us. @TedShred are you participating? Probably will depend on if she will be in town that weekend.
The dates look open on the calendar at this point so we’re planning to. Our team at the moment looks like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
The dates look open on the calendar at this point so we’re planning to. Our team at the moment looks like this:
Do you already have 5 cars on your team?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you already have 5 cars on your team?
I'm not the team leader so I'm not certain, but don't think so. I'll check to see if there would be a spot for you if you're interested.
We would likely do the drive on Saturday, but that could be weather dependent.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm not the team leader so I'm not certain, but don't think so. I'll check to see if there would be a spot for you if you're interested.
We would likely do the drive on Saturday, but that could be weather dependent.
Sounds good. Please let me know. PM if you like. Thanks

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got our group together and ran the Schweinefiletring (aka: The Tire Squeal 2019) on Saturday 6/22/2019. Had a blast with our rag-tag group... we were the "mutt" team: Jeep Wangler, Audi SUV, Infiniti G37, Lambo Aventador, & me in the Shelby GT500. It was raining in the morning so a couple in our group left their nice cars at home (white corvette in post #6 above and a black Ferrari 458). The Jeep and Audi were able to get across the flooded road while the rest of us watched.
IMG_5571.JPG IMG_5573.JPG IMG_5599.JPG IMG_5642.PNG

Seems like they had a pretty good turnout in spite of the nasty weather & we're hoping they do this again! Maybe our Indiana and Kentucky members can connect and make a GT500 team next year. Here's the pics of the food stops (points awarded for stopping and taking photos):
IMG_5581.JPG IMG_5604.JPG IMG_5640.JPG

More pics and videos to follow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts