Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were driving down Main street in Royal Oak and just in front of us a few cars in the next lane a new car pulled on to the street and then a special corvette after it. I thought I caught a glimpse of a bowtie on the back of the car. I mentioned to the wife I think that is the new camaro. I worked my way up and sure enough it was the new camaro. There was some special media event going on as there were a ton of photographers and a few professional videographers rolling at the same time. If some of the pics are released you may even see us in the Fusion in the background! :) It looked ok. I'm sure if I were a gm person I'd probably like it, but being a Ford person I just didn't care for it that much. To me it really looks a lot like the Challenger which is ok, but nothing special to me. If I would have had a camera I would have taken a picture. None-the-less it was cool to see the car in person. Gotta love MI. Saw the GT500 KR's on the street long before they were available for purchase and now saw the camaro. My wife thought it was really cool, but she has a little better appreciation for the camaro since she used to "show" a '67. :)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
That's cooooooooool.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think the new Camaro looks bad ass. Go go Bumblebee.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw the concept Camaro at an auto event back in 2004...damn that seems like a long time ago.
GM sure seems to be taking their sweet time to release this thing. Wasn't it suppose to originally be released as an '07 or 08 model?
I think it lost it's buzz already, especially with the Challenger being released and an "updated" Mustang coming out in 2010.
Good luck with that GM. That car better be fricking amazing with all of the time you took "refining" it. Too bad they will have to "refresh" the body style in a year or so to keep it from being dated, since it already is if you have following it's progress over the past 5 years.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Anyone know the power output on this bad boy?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Anyone know the power output on this bad boy?
Just read it in Automobile Mag.:)

ENGINES

3.6L DOHC V-6
304 HP - 273 LB-FT (LS,LT)

6.2L OHV V-8
395 HP - 395 LB-FT (L99)

6.2 OHV V-8
420 HP - 408 LB-FT (LS3)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts