Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've been saving all the original parts so a collector etc could put it back to stock if they wanted too (when I'm done with it in about 20 years). The only thing is I don't know is if I want to store a set of mufflers that long? What's everybody else doing? I have the ford intake and racing exhaust....why would anyone want it back to stock??????

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
464 Posts
I think some stuff I may save just for myself.

I really think it's just weird to want to make something better then stock then save the parts to put it back to stock 20+ years later. Too much speculation and worrying about stuff that we can not control.

I have better things to do with my time.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
So far I've been saving all the original parts so a collector etc could put it back to stock if they wanted too (when I'm done with it in about 20 years). The only thing is I don't know is if I want to store a set of mufflers that long? What's everybody else doing? I have the ford intake and racing exhaust....why would anyone want it back to stock??????

Thoughts?

I am very anal but I saved all my parts, wrapped them, dated them and printed the mileage on them and made shelves to store it all on, so in 20 years my kids will say,"why did dad save all this junk" as they are throwing them out.:eek:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I think some stuff I may save just for myself.

I really think it's just weird to want to make something better then stock then save the parts to put it back to stock 20+ years later. Too much speculation and worrying about stuff that we can not control.

I have better things to do with my time.
You might want to keep them just in case you want to sell the car and the new owner wants it stock. Many people won't buy a modified car. It might be easier to sell in stock trim.
With the SS package I wouldn't worry about it that's a different story.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
464 Posts
You might want to keep them just in case you want to sell the car and the new owner wants it stock. Many people won't buy a modified car. It might be easier to sell in stock trim.
With the SS package I wouldn't worry about it that's a different story.
That's true on some of the parts. I will not have room for everything though. Some of the stuff that will be taken off I will sell.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm keeping every stock part. I'm not sure why. I don't see ever selling it, but I'm saving everything anyway.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I am very anal but I saved all my parts, wrapped them, dated them and printed the mileage on them and made shelves to store it all on, so in 20 years my kids will say,"why did dad save all this junk" as they are throwing them out.:eek:
Having OCD sucks, no?!?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
haha, well i just floored my attic and have seperate areas for F150, Mercury Marauder, and now Shelby OEM parts. The probrability of returning to stock on the MM and the Shelby are slim, as I plan to keep both a very long time, but I still just can't let go.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I'll keep them. I just need to hide the mufflers up in the attic so I stop walking by them thinking...what the hell am I doing with those things?:cool:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

Thoughts?

I am having the FRPP handling pack and power upgrade installed on my car. The service manager called me assuming I wanted to keep my old parts, and I said yes.

My question is are the stock springs, shocks & struts, tower brace, etc... of any interest to the guys with lower spec cars?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also have an 05 GT and I would'nt think that anyone would want to put the Shelby supension on one. They are just totally different as far as weight and set-up. I bet I'd really look like a 4x4 with the GT500 suspension. (by the way the 05Gt is for sale if anyone wants one; only driven on sundays by little ole lady):D

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've done that since I got mine back in '06. I tag, seal and store everything that comes off, so I'll have it if I want to put it back.

I made a tag to fix to them, so my pee-brain can keep up with everything.

I guess pilots think a like.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've saved all the stock parts on my '03 Cobra (to include exhaust) and will do the same for the shelby. Call it OCD or whatever. I did not think I would ever sell the Cobra, but I'll probably end up doing that this spring and will put all the stock parts back on and sell the upgrades on e-bay or something. I think if you have room it doesn't hurt to save that stuff. You never know.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts