Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the back story. We purchased a used 2007 Fusion last year and the satellite radio was still working up until today! We have never purchased a satellite subscription so either the previous owner did, or it's just been working all this time. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen in the past day or so? My wife said that the radio did an update the day prior and then today it wasn't working. I know she has gotten addicted to the service but not sure if it's really worth it or not to buy a subscription.

Or maybe this is the end of the world and the aliens are attacking from outer space and we should get Bill Pullman and Will Smith on the phone! :)

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
On the radio if the subscription is up, there should be a message to call sirius (change the station, see what pops up). If there's not, and it just stopped working, check the antenna. Maybe someone loading the trunk knocked it loose...not sure where the fusion antenna is, but you get the point.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Apparently their update recently cracked down on all the vehicles that are getting the service but out of subscription. It was fun while it lasted. We might pick up the sub depending on pricing because I think my wife is addicted to it! :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Ok, here's the back story. We purchased a used 2007 Fusion last year and the satellite radio was still working up until today! We have never purchased a satellite subscription so either the previous owner did, or it's just been working all this time. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen in the past day or so? My wife said that the radio did an update the day prior and then today it wasn't working. I know she has gotten addicted to the service but not sure if it's really worth it or not to buy a subscription.

Or maybe this is the end of the world and the aliens are attacking from outer space and we should get Bill Pullman and Will Smith on the phone! :)
Sirius XM To Go Bankrupt?

Well, friends, looks like it's a sign of the times. Ticketmaster did indeed merge with LiveNation earlier this week and another merger company, Sirius XM, has just announced the possibility of bankruptcy for them in the near future.

The two satellite radio companies merged in July of 2008 after neither could pull a profit independently. Now, the company is in serious financial trouble as they try to escape the incredible debt they've acquired over the last few months. The price tag? $3.25 billion to be exact. If Sirius XM decides to file for bankruptcy, it will be the second-largest Chapter 11 filing this year with $5 billion in assets.

It's unclear at the moment how the bankruptcy will affect consumers and loyal satellite radio subscribers (the number topping almost 20 million). As of now, it looks like service will continue, although contracts with high-profile stars like Martha Stewart and Howard Stern (who is paid a whopping $100 million a year) may terminate. The failing automobile industry also had a hand in the fluctuating slope of the company with many of their vehicles offering with built-in satellite radio capabilities.

Sirius XM is currently in talks with satellite TV company, EchoStar, who may takeover if they are not able to fork over the $175 million debt it owes at the end of the month.

·
Registered
867 Posts
How much is an annual sub now a days?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I renewed mine yesterday, $12.95 for three months with two months free. After that $12.95 per quarter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine quit last week. Oh well, almost 2 years for free!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mines stopped working but I renewed. It seemed that it was working at first but now I can not get a signal even after they re-send the signal.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Jeff mine went out also.2.5 years for free,can't complain.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeff mine went out also.2.5 years for free,can't complain.
I was wondering if yours did. I thought that maybe since yours was sitting in the garage for the winter it might still be working. Oh well. We really can't complain. It was free for the time we had it. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I thought that was the trick if the car is in storage during the expiration it would never receive the shut off signal.
My understanding is there is an expense associated with the activation and the terminination because of the satelite cost. I'm not sure how many times they send the expired signal.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sirius on my car finally quit working last week. Oh well, I was surprised to get ~ 28 months free.

Also just discovered -guess I've not paid attention- there is a TSB on the interior driver's door trim audio speaker buzz/rattle for cars built pre-Aug 02, 2007... see .pdf link here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=TSB+07-17-6&btnG=Search&aq=0&oq=TSB+&aqi=g10

I recall Brent (fghtrpilot) had recently posted the full TSB list; that post is here> http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showpost.php?p=47377&postcount=5
_
__

1 - 17 of 17 Posts