Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have not owned it a month and got a ticket tonight. Doing 15 over and to tell the truth I really didn't think I was going over but 10mph. Cop was nice but not nice enough to give a warning. I once got pulled over when I had my truck and the cop had a RT dakota also and he talked to me about my mods than told me slow it down and left. This guy I guess didn't care about mustangs he didn't say a word about it. Have the choice to go to court or just call a number and pay it. Have not had a ticket in 20 years so not sure if I should go to court and plead guilty to speeding but tell the judge I was speeding but I don't think I was doing 15 over and since I have a clean record he might reduce it, or just pay the ticket.

I really think I got pulled over because of the car, if I would have been in my focus he would have probally kept going. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think he was going by the sound of your car. The wife drove past you Thursday in White Post and it sounded like you were doing 70 LOL. The car sounds great! What did you tell him about not having a front tag? I always contest speeding tickets and seem to always get them reduced. You always have to pay that hefty court cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
contest all auto violations.
Unless its no pts in which your case it is.
I dont know bout down there, but in michigan , if cop doesnt show up, ticket is dropped .
Ive had 2 dropped and 1 was 20 over.
And if he does show up ,w/ your good record u can ask for a yr probation.
If no other tickets in the next yr this 1 is dropped.
Completely up to judge on that though and what bullshit story u give him.
I myself allways told the truth and played the "im an idiot" for doing it and am sorry.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been told that is the best way to show up, be honest and see what happens so that is the game plan. Also I went to the DMV website and you can take a online traffic class for $ 47.00 than you need to take a test which here it is held at the local library. If you pass which they claim is easy than they remove 4 points off your license. So in my case at 15mph over that is 4 points so it would than become a wash. Not sure if I should go ahead and take it now or wait till Oct 26 to see what happens?

Thank you all for the good info. They need to have a Shelby day where they rope off the free way for about 10 miles just for Shelbys to run. Besided the drag stripe I don't know how people with exotic cars control themself. I mean a viper, porsche you know the owner of those cars sometime, somewhere get on it a little how could you not knowing you have such a high performance machine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
BUSA.....
I just took the online school in California. It was quite boring, I think I was online for a total 8-10 hrs....thank god I have a TV card on the computer. I had to be on each screen for a certain amount of time. Anyway, it removed the ticket from my record. The test you could probably pass now. Here if you go to court you cannot go to school. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts